2014-2015 NCAA football thread

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 08:45 PM)
Not sure you can blame Gordon for the OSU game.

Gordon is better than Coleman, Gordon is one of the best rbs Ive ever seen in college. By far best Wisconsin back.

If you stack up their common opponents, Coleman out gained Gordon behind an inferior line. The stats are there.

And are you saying best Wisconsin back ever? Maybe top three. He's no Ron Dayne.

Edited by RockRaines

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

By what entity. That carries a harsher penalty than academic issues if it's the NCAA.

Well, if it's an internal issue they would be kicked out of school for a semester (assuming no previous offenses), which would only cost them the bowl game, which they're going to lose anyway.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 07:14 AM)
Well, if it's an internal issue they would be kicked out of school for a semester (assuming no previous offenses), which would only cost them the bowl game, which they're going to lose anyway.

Still better. NCAA can go a year for weed.

Illinois (+5.5) vs. LA Tech

Rutgers (+3) vs. UNC

Penn State (+2.5) vs. BC

Nebraska (+6) vs. USC

Maryland (+14.5) vs. Stanford

Wisconsin (+5.5) vs. Auburn

MSU (+3) vs. Baylor

Minnesota (+5.5) vs. Mizzou

Ohio State (+10) vs. Alabama

Iowa (+3.5) vs. Tennessee

Yup, all 10 B1G bowl teams are underdogs, lol

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 08:57 PM)
If you stack up their common opponents, Coleman out gained Gordon behind an inferior line. The stats are there.

And are you saying best Wisconsin back ever? Maybe top three. He's no Ron Dayne.

Hes better than Dayne.

And yards against common opponents doesnt really mean much. A lot of games Gordon didnt even touch the ball in the 4th. Gordon is special.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 10:17 PM)
@RapSheet: Would’ve been a great hire RT @Gil_Brandt: Was told tonight #Michigan officials offered David Cutcliffe the job. #Duke coach turned it down

Wow, if true. I can understand why Cut would stay at Duke - it's a perfect fit for him and how he runs a program, plus he's up there in age... But I mean, damn, how does the coach at Duke turn down Michigan? That's not something I ever thought I'd see.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 05:26 PM)
Hes better than Dayne.

And yards against common opponents doesnt really mean much. A lot of games Gordon didnt even touch the ball in the 4th. Gordon is special.

Didn't see Gordon enough to comment on their relative merits. Based solely on numbers I'd go Gordon, but it's close.

But if Gordon can play the "I didn't touch the ball in the 4th" card then Coleman can play the "Defenses put 9 in the box against me because we played our 5th string QB half the year" card.

You can't go wrong with either one.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 10:59 AM)

Well that's one way to solve next year's QB controversy

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 11:06 AM)
Alabama EV

Oregon +160

Florida State +500

Ohio State +600

I think that price on Alabama is really short. I thought they'd be more in the -140 range. I expect books will see a lot of action on them at that price

Ohio State +600 seems like a solid value bet

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 11:27 AM)
Well that's one way to solve next year's QB controversy

Ohio State +600 seems like a solid value bet

The details are the best, he was outside waiting for cops saying "one of my girlfriends is in there tripping and wont leave." PLaya

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 11:33 AM)
The details are the best, he was outside waiting for cops saying "one of my girlfriends is in there tripping and wont leave." PLaya

And the Deadspin article implied he called the cops first; that's generally not the behavior of a criminal (other than a gangsta of luv).

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 12:09 PM)
And the Deadspin article implied he called the cops first; that's generally not the behavior of a criminal (other than a gangsta of luv).

In ohio if there is truly domestic abuse its the law that someone has to be taken in. In this case nobody was taken, there are no signs of violence, no report filed and no medical attention applied. So not much of anything.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 12:29 PM)
In ohio if there is truly domestic abuse its the law that someone has to be taken in. In this case nobody was taken, there are no signs of violence, no report filed and no medical attention applied. So not much of anything.

Show me this "law", because it makes no sense. DV arrests can happen well after the fact, and there is no per se requirement for hospitalization to occur. Those things I know. Beyond that, I see virtually no chance the law says anything like what you are saying here. But I am open to be corrected - show me.