2014 NFL Draft Thread

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 9, 2014 -> 11:11 AM)
My family is largely browns fans and they want Carlos Hyde real bad at the next pick.

Cleveland still has 7 picks, so they could take one.

They could take Hyde in the 2nd round or someone like Andre Williams or Charles Sims in the 3rd or 4th. Is there really that big a difference between those backs?

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 9, 2014 -> 11:17 AM)
Cleveland still has 7 picks, so they could take one.

They could take Hyde in the 2nd round or someone like Andre Williams or Charles Sims in the 3rd or 4th. Is there really that big a difference between those backs?

The Browns sold 1,500 season tickets last night, picking a back from OSU wouldnt hurt the momentum.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 9, 2014 -> 10:54 AM)
I really think that there's a chance they go RB or TE tonight. I'd be totally fine with DT in round 2 and Wyoming S Marqueston Huff in rd 3 though.

I'd kinda hate seeing a RB, I know Forte has some injury concerns so it does make some since, but I'd rather wait till the 4/5/6 and grab a guy Tyler Gaffney or Marion Grice. RBs in this league seem to be a dime a dozen.

TE would be fairly interesting but with DT and S needs looming, depending on who is there, I'd probably wait. I still have my heart set on the Bears taking Colt Lyerla and hoping that pairing him with Long keeps him out of trouble.

In my book ideally it goes...

2R- Hageman/Tuitt

3R- Brooks

4R- Bullough (I've sort of been against drafting another LB but I suppose with Briggs probably gone next year it doesn't hurt)

5R- Lyerla

6R- Gaffney

6R- Bromley

QUOTE (scs787 @ May 9, 2014 -> 11:32 AM)
I'd kinda hate seeing a RB, I know Forte has some injury concerns so it does make some since, but I'd rather wait till the 4/5/6 and grab a guy Tyler Gaffney or Marion Grice. RBs in this league seem to be a dime a dozen.

TE would be fairly interesting but with DT and S needs looming, depending on who is there, I'd probably wait. I still have my heart set on the Bears taking Colt Lyerla and hoping that pairing him with Long keeps him out of trouble.

In my book ideally it goes...

2R- Hageman/Tuitt

3R- Brooks

4R- Bullough (I've sort of been against drafting another LB but I suppose with Briggs probably gone next year it doesn't hurt)

5R- Lyerla

6R- Gaffney

6R- Bromley

I want Lyerla as well. If they go MLB, I think it will be Yawin Smallwood from UCONN. They worked him out and Pasqualoni was his college coach.

I think there are going to be a lot of RBs in 5th and 6th, not sure the talent will be that crazy.

Also on last draft, I'm still very intrigued by Wilson, but nothing yet to base that on.

Per Kony Ealy, I thought he was a surefire 1st rounder, do you think he's gone among first few picks in second?

QUOTE (bshah723 @ May 9, 2014 -> 12:10 PM)
Ty Youngfelt ‏@TyYoungfelt 2m

Bears entertaining idea of dealing next year's 1st to acquire additional 2 this year - have 5 players w/1st rd grade still avail, 1 top 15

Hope that does not happen.

Bears entertaining idea of dealing next year's 1st to acquire additional 2 this year - have 5 players w/1st rd grade still avail, 1 top 15

Who do they have a top 15 grade on.

QUOTE (bshah723 @ May 9, 2014 -> 10:10 AM)

I don't like that idea.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 9, 2014 -> 01:14 PM)
I don't like that idea.

It is a big risk. If you have a good year next year you are probably happy you made the move. If Cutler gets hurt and misses a bunch of time the trade becomes absolutely horrendous.

QUOTE (Greyone @ May 9, 2014 -> 12:31 PM)
What if it is for that Eric Berry situation in reality. Grab a high 2nd and still have your 2nd for a DT.

I still just don't understand why KC would deal him.

I feel like if it was a possibility, Emery should have made that deal immediately. Berry, albeit more expensive, would be better than any Safety in this draft. He just turned 25 and is a 3-time Pro Bowler. The only season he didn't make it was when he tore his ACL.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ May 9, 2014 -> 01:39 PM)
I still just don't understand why KC would deal him.

I feel like if it was a possibility, Emery should have made that deal immediately. Berry, albeit more expensive, would be better than any Safety in this draft. He just turned 25 and is a 3-time Pro Bowler. The only season he didn't make it was when he tore his ACL.

I agree on all counts, just speculating. I'd move a 1st next year for Berry.

Ok, well on second thought posters from where I found this tweet say he throws a lot of things on the wall, hoping one would stick. TFWIW

QUOTE (bshah723 @ May 9, 2014 -> 02:06 PM)
Ok, well on second thought posters from where I found this tweet say he throws a lot of things on the wall, hoping one would stick. TFWIW

I have a couple of guys that get Bears info semi regularly and they told me that there is some smoke there. They want Hageman. Shocked that he's on the board.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 9, 2014 -> 02:12 PM)
I have a couple of guys that get Bears info semi regularly and they told me that there is some smoke there. They want Hageman. Shocked that he's on the board.

It sounds like there is much love for Hageman here, too, although I've heard him repeatedly described as "boom or bust." I'd be happy with him at #51, but leery about giving up picks to take him higher.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ May 9, 2014 -> 02:23 PM)
It sounds like there is much love for Hageman here, too, although I've heard him repeatedly described as "boom or bust." I'd be happy with him at #51, but leery about giving up picks to take him higher.

Supposedly, Bears had him top 15 on their draft board