White Sox @ Angels 9:05 CT CSN

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 8, 2014 -> 12:02 AM)
If we can somehow pull at the game tomorrow we will still be .500 or if we lose, 2 games under which would be heartbreak considering

Q against Angels is a bad matchup not expecting him to win.

"Aces" like Verlander, Sherzer, Lee, Hernandez, Price routinely go 110+ pitches. It's not like this is anything new. I wouldn't say he was exactly laboring either, he was still throwing the ball 94-96.

It sucked, yes, and Robin isnt a great manager, but it's ridiculous the kinda hate I'm reading.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Jun 7, 2014 -> 11:58 PM)
Look it's not about being smarter than RV. But it's common sense given his pitch count and recent DL stint. He should've gotten one batter and that's it. Chris is too competitive, ya gota protect himself from himself.

But it's not common sense. He was dominating this lineup. He has been dominating everyone. He came off the DL over a month ago. It's not like he was at 110 pitches. He was at like 91. There was no reason to give the Angels a chance by taking him out at 7. Even after 1 hit I was not ready to take him out. He pitched over baserunners before. For me, it wasn't until Alexei made that error and the emotions were likely running through Chris that I would have suggested removing him. We all have different opinions on when he should have left, but to say it's so obvious and we all knew better is cheapened by the fact that we all said this after the bases were loaded.

Next time, I want people to make their opinions about when a guy should be pulled, pinch hit for, replaced defensively, or whatever WHEN IT HAPPENS. Then you will all get credit for being smarter than RV. But all this "I knew it all along" stuff is just annoying. I'm not talking to you specifically, but it happens with a lot of people here, myself probably included.

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Jun 7, 2014 -> 11:48 PM)
There was absolutely no reason for that. Save his arm. The game was already over.

So, they could have brought in the worst pitcher in the league and they would have still won? This was not a 15-0 scenario. Five runs can come just like that, off of any pitcher, any given outing, despite how dominate they very well may be.

The game was not "over" regardless of who was pitching. Greater deficits have been overcome with two outs, no one on, in the bottom of the ninth.

Plain and simple, as some have stated, the bullpen should have been up and ready, and once the first batter reached, pull him.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 8, 2014 -> 12:04 AM)
"Aces" like Verlander, Sherzer, Lee, Hernandez, Price routinely go 110+ pitches. It's not like this is anything new. I wouldn't say he was exactly laboring either, he was still throwing the ball 94-96.

It sucked, yes, and Robin isnt a great manager, but it's ridiculous the kinda hate I'm reading.

If he hadn't been on the DL for a whole month because of his elbow I would be fine with him throwing that many pitches... it really isn't even about the pitch count. It was about the situation on the field

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 8, 2014 -> 12:02 AM)
There's no way this franchise can ever move forward with him as the mis-manager.

Reminds me of Scott Brooks and the OKC Thunder. Just pathetic.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 8, 2014 -> 12:06 AM)
If he hadn't been on the DL for a whole month because of his elbow I would be fine with him throwing that many pitches... it really isn't even about the pitch count. It was about the situation on the field

exactly

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Jun 7, 2014 -> 11:58 PM)
Oh please I've defended Ventura since he's been here. This was pathetic though. Why do our pitcher HAVE to throw 100 pitches at all cost? He didn't need to. He had a relatively easy 7 and the game was in hand. Let on of the pigs in the pen handle the last 6 outs and you still have a fresh bullpen to tomorrow.

Then why not pull him after 6? Or after a couple batters in the 7th? Oh that's right, because the inning ended well, so hindsight tells you it was the right move to let him go 7.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 8, 2014 -> 12:05 AM)
But it's not common sense. He was dominating this lineup. He has been dominating everyone. He came off the DL over a month ago. It's not like he was at 110 pitches. He was at like 91. There was no reason to give the Angels a chance by taking him out at 7. Even after 1 hit I was not ready to take him out. He pitched over baserunners before. For me, it wasn't until Alexei made that error and the emotions were likely running through Chris that I would have suggested removing him. We all have different opinions on when he should have left, but to say it's so obvious and we all knew better is cheapened by the fact that we all said this after the bases were loaded.

Next time, I want people to make their opinions about when a guy should be pulled, pinch hit for, replaced defensively, or whatever WHEN IT HAPPENS. Then you will all get credit for being smarter than RV. But all this "I knew it all along" stuff is just annoying. I'm not talking to you specifically, but it happens with a lot of people here, myself probably included.

But he was on the DL for a month. We were cruising. 91 PC. One batter that's it. We have a pen that should lock it down. I definitely wouldn't of crucified RV for bring the pen in considering the circumstances with Sale.