Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 11:52 PM)
Such an underrated but vital part of this dynasty. Once Sharp gets traded and I need a new sweater, it's gonna be a #4.

Matching the Sharks offer sheet turned out to be a huge move.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 11:36 PM)
Dynasty! And to think we were 1 goal away from making it to the finals last year!

In the last 11 playoff series, the Hawks have lost once. On a deflection in overtime of game 7

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 10:18 PM)
Versteeg in for Bickell was a stroke of genius. Q is amazing.

His decision to bench Teuvo and Vermette still is unexplainable, but he dominated Bodreau and Cooper with his in game moves. Cooper treated like a regular season game giving everyone equal time, while Q rode his horses to the title.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 12:10 AM)
His decision to bench Teuvo and Vermette still is unexplainable, but he dominated Bodreau and Cooper with his in game moves. Cooper treated like a regular season game giving everyone equal time, while Q rode his horses to the title.

Cooper just never adjusted to Q's changes. He also never rode his top guys at the end of games. Q will double shift his stars if need be. Totally out coached.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 11:32 AM)

One Shining Moment - hockey style

that was fantastic. nice find.

got me thinking, in this whole playoff season, how many times did the hawks won in o/t?

even better, how many times did they go into o/t?

while i am at it, how many games was won by 2 goal or less??

bottom line. this was a great post season and a great, nerve racking playoff season.

wow.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 10:52 PM)
It's amazing the similarities between the Hawks and the dynasty Wings teams. Stevie Y and Lindstrom and Toews and Keith.

Toews was the 3rd pick in the Draft, Yzerman was the 4th. Keith was the 54th pick in the Draft, Lidstrom was the 53rd.

That's pretty neat, too.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 07:19 AM)
I really hope the Hawks can get rid of Sharp and Bickell. I am not sure how easy that will be without giving up a draft pick.

Take some time and enjoy this for a few days before worrying about next year.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 07:16 AM)
While the NFL, NBA and MLB are more popular, out of the major four sports, the Blackhawks are the premier organization in North America. They are the model franchise in all of sports on June 16th, 2015.

Think about that.

It was February 2004 they were named the worst franchise in professional sports. That is just mind blowing.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 09:30 AM)
Something pretty significant happened to the franchise between then and 2010.

Obviously. But still to go from literally the worst, to a model that teams to to emulate in 10 years? That is crazy.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 09:42 AM)
Bernstein waited less than 12 hours before he had to click troll with his locker room lies again. Seriously, f*** that guy.

working the Sharp/Keith rumor again? Or something new?

I was thinking about the idea of "knowing how truly special this is"...

To me, the most unbelievable part to this is that we COULD take winning for granted. That is an amazing feeling.