2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wade's wife had some issues herself. I wouldn't buy everything she says a 100% truth.

Besides, if how a guy treats his wife is a big deal in your opinion whether or not you like a professional athlete, there are very few you will be able to like.

Wife beater--I can see the hate. Wife cheater--that eliminates about 90% of the players if not more.

Wade divorced his wife, she didn't file to divorce him. She did say Wade paid off her attorney to agree to the settlement. I think she may be a wackadoo.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (TRU @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 12:03 PM)
Unless LeBron said "im resigning with the Heat go ahead an opt out" no one was "f***ed" here.. they made their own decisions

There's no chance those guys opt out if they don't believe Lebron is basically a lock to come back. He had to have said, i'm most likely staying with the Heat, you guys should opt out. Hell, the Cleveland rumors didn't even start until a week ago, well after they opted out.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 12:28 PM)
There's no chance those guys opt out if they don't believe Lebron is basically a lock to come back. He had to have said, i'm most likely staying with the Heat, you guys should opt out. Hell, the Cleveland rumors didn't even start until a week ago, well after they opted out.

Sorry I don't buy that, you would have to be incredibly foolish to opt out of that kind of money without a guarantee. Unless a report comes out soon that says LeBron gave his commitment to come back and then changed his mind, there is no one to blame but themselves.

QUOTE (TRU @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 12:30 PM)
Sorry I don't buy that, you would have to be incredibly foolish to opt out of that kind of money without a guarantee. Unless a report comes out soon that says LeBron gave his commitment to come back and then changed his mind, there is no one to blame but themselves.

Right, they would be foolish. But they did it anyway, because they were probably under the impression that he was coming back and they all wanted to restructure their deals.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 12:32 PM)
Right, they would be foolish. But they did it anyway, because they were probably under the impression that he was coming back and they all wanted to restructure their deals.

Well considering Bosh is going to get big money from Houston and Wade will just resign with the Heat which will almost surely be for as much money as he left behind, I dont see how anyone is screwed here.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 11:28 AM)
Jeff Mangurten ‏@JeffGurt 37s

Before we figure out what it all means, lets take a moment to think of Pat Riley and Dwyane Wade...and laugh.

Haha. Not sure which one I hate more. Since I used to like Wade, I guess Riley. Ah well, back to hating the Cavs again.

@ESPNSteinLine: Source close to situation says Kevin Love indeed "intrigued" by idea of being dealt to Cavs and would commit long there if traded there

If love does goes there which seems like it will, and we don't get melo well yea..

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 10:37 AM)
@ESPNSteinLine: Source close to situation says Kevin Love indeed "intrigued" by idea of being dealt to Cavs and would commit long there if traded there

If love does goes there which seems like it will, and we don't get melo well yea..

I still don't buy Love signing in Cleveland long term.

QUOTE (TRU @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 12:33 PM)
Well considering Bosh is going to get big money from Houston and Wade will just resign with the Heat which will almost surely be for as much money as he left behind, I dont see how anyone is screwed here.

You're right on Bosh (which is why I didn't include him). Miami would be moronic to sign Wade to a 2 year, 42 million dollar (or more likely what he was promised, 3 years 50 something) for a s***ty team that's not going to win. Wade got f***ed here. Haslem gave up a 4-5 million contract and he'll be out of the league now.

True, Riley and Miami could still pay them if they're honorable people, but it's not guarantee they will.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 10:38 AM)
You're right on Bosh (which is why I didn't include him). Miami would be moronic to sign Wade to a 2 year, 42 million dollar (or more likely what he was promised, 3 years 50 something) for a s***ty team that's not going to win. Wade got f***ed here. Haslem gave up a 4-5 million contract and he'll be out of the league now.

True, Riley and Miami could still pay them if they're honorable people, but it's not guarantee they will.

I am curious where Wade ends up. I really wouldn't be surprised if he turns into a plan b.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 11:53 AM)
Riley and wade screwed but atleast bosh gets a good situation lol

He get's to go home to a max contract and a contender.

Hey...isn't Wade from Chicago? Get it done, FO :D