ST 3/16 Sox vs D-Backs 3:10 start

Whisox05

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Must have been fooled. Courtney's got to do better than a soft grounder back to the pitcher when up in the count 3-1 and looking for his pitch in a certain/specific zone.

Actually, looking at the pitch...and location on the inside half of the plate, it seems he simply jammed himself...because if you have 3-1, 95% of the time you're getting the FB out over the plate and that's exactly what transpired.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 16, 2015 -> 03:36 PM)
Irrelevant. He seems like the kind of kid who's 100% motivated when the lights come on and things count, but, for now, he's mostly working on fastball control.

Roughly 85% of his pitches have been of that variety. His velocity's quite good for this early in the spring, the problem is he has no command and his mechanics/delivery just haven't been repeatable.

Of course you can't get away with that pitch mix....he needs more changes and sliders, but they're preserving his arm early in the spring from all appearances.

I don't know about that. He still throws with an awful follow through with no trunk flexion. I think this is still part of the problem. He reminds me too much of Peavy with his motion. I'm just not a fan of it. I think it is part of the control issue.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 16, 2015 -> 02:37 PM)
I am quite OK with Rodon not having the greatest spring. It makes it easier to send him back to the minors for a couple of months.

Yup, strangely this is a positive when it comes to that whole year of extra control thing. You think Theo and Jed are psyched about the pressure to have Bryant on the opening day roster?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 16, 2015 -> 03:50 PM)
Got one up there at 96 that inning.

Much better. Rodon will be fine once he starts getting ahead of hitters more consistently. No worries.

I'd like to see him dominate AAA for a month or two he really does need to work on stamina and control and command. Stuff is filthy no doubt.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 16, 2015 -> 03:53 PM)
I'd like to see him dominate AAA for a month or two he really does need to work on stamina and control and command. Stuff is filthy no doubt.

June call up to replace Danks sounds good to me.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 16, 2015 -> 04:26 PM)
Nice 2nd and 3rd innings for Rodon. Also, I know a lot of people are worried about the 2nd base spot, but I honestly feel like the catching position is the weakest position on the team.

wouldn't suprise me to see flowers have a below replacement first half and sox make a desparate move around the deadline. His line last year was awful even with all the smoke and mirrors. Take that BABIP luck away from the first half and it's ugly.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 16, 2015 -> 05:12 PM)
keithlaw ‏@keithlaw 2m2 minutes ago

Tyler Danish just took a liner off his right forearm or wrist. Leaving the game.

Doesn't sound good

Worrisome, but fortunately, it is rare to end up with a big problem injury with a batted ball impact that isn't to the head. Hopefully, and probably, it is nothing big.

Well, if we did have Addison Reed, we MIGHT have ended up with 75-76 wins....and a lower draft spot in the first round.

However, it wasn't a good trade, we know that now...the theory behind it was fine, just the execution was not. Same with the Sergio Santos move as well.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 16, 2015 -> 05:31 PM)
Given the reaction by those that saw it, I'll be pleasantly surprised if nothing is broken.

Agreed.

And of course he should have been sent to minor league camp a week ago, but you can't put toothpaste back in the tube.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 16, 2015 -> 04:31 PM)
Given the reaction by those that saw it, I'll be pleasantly surprised if nothing is broken.

Pitching or non-throwing?

It's a lot more worrisome if it's the pitching arm, because those problems tend to mushroom and start affecting other parts...like the elbow, shoulder, labrum, as a pitcher changes something about his delivery to lessen the pain to the affected area.

Hope he's alright. On the plus side, it's better than TJ, worst-case scenario he misses 4-6 weeks and bounces back and pitches in AFL to make up for lost innings.