ST 3/17 Sox vs Mariners 3:05 start

Whisox05

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Mar 17, 2015 -> 10:44 AM)
Finally a look at opening day lineup possibly.

CF Eaton, LF Cabrera, 1B Abreu, DH LaRoche, RF Garcia, SS Ramirez, 3B Gillaspie, C Flowers, 2B Johnson, P Samardzija

This is my favorite lineup.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 17, 2015 -> 10:12 AM)
I would flip/flop 6/7 and also 8/9

I can understand 6 and 7, but there is no way I'm moving Johnson away from in front of Eaton

Does anyone see a scenario where Johnson works his way into the leadoff and Eaton is pushed to the 2 hole? I dont think you risk putting a rookie there and I definitely dont think you mess up what you have with Eaton there, but having Melky further down in the order would be nice.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Mar 17, 2015 -> 02:27 PM)
Does anyone see a scenario where Johnson works his way into the leadoff and Eaton is pushed to the 2 hole? I dont think you risk putting a rookie there and I definitely dont think you mess up what you have with Eaton there, but having Melky further down in the order would be nice.

Not in 2015.

Only if Johnson has an incredibly good first 8-10 weeks and Garcia has an incredibly bad first 8-10 weeks. Then at that point maybe you consider moving Johnson up to 1 or 2 and Melky down to 5.

Not a chance Eaton ever bats anywhere other than leadoff. Sox have been looking for a high OBP, speedy leadoff guy for a decade. Not that they have one they aren't going to mess with that. Especially with a hitter as talented as Melky to slot into the 2 hole.

Great AB from Melky. Kuma looks nasty but Melky hung around with 2 strikes and stroked one for a single.

Ha, if you felt a breeze a minute ago that was Jose swinging on 2-0, massive cut. Tremendous plate coverage to foul off a splitter a foot ouside and low on 2-2. Kuma makes a good pitch on teh inside corner and Jose gets jammed for the double play. Jose fouled off a couple hittable pitches before that.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 17, 2015 -> 03:19 PM)
Not a chance Eaton ever bats anywhere other than leadoff. Sox have been looking for a high OBP, speedy leadoff guy for a decade. Not that they have one they aren't going to mess with that. Especially with a hitter as talented as Melky to slot into the 2 hole.

Great AB from Melky. Kuma looks nasty but Melky hung around with 2 strikes and stroked one for a single.

I agree but with Eaton's injury history it is great to have another guy that can leadoff on the roster. I don't expect Micah to ever leadoff unless Eaton is hurt or needs a day off

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Mar 17, 2015 -> 03:28 PM)
Than Gillaspie? I don't think we have one. Unless you want Cabrera there, but that creates a much bigger hole at #2.

Ramirez is more proven. Not sure why you would want to switch the two in the line up with Gillaspie hitting 6th and Ramirez 7th.