**SPOILER THREAD** GAME OF THRONES ** SPOILER THREAD **

TaylorStSox

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jul 23, 2017 -> 10:50 PM)
Didn't think that meetup would happen that quickly, though as Russ mentioned they were already in King's Landing and Dragonstone anyway.

And what up, Hotpie?! I burst out laughing at "I can't believe I thought you were a boy. You're pretty!"

Speaking of hot pies, I don't think I'll be able to eat pot pie for awhile. Jeebus, that transition.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 11:02 AM)
The reveal of that ballista makes me think that at least one dragon is going to die in the battle at King's Landing.

Yeah, though it would seem incredibly difficult to me to hit a moving target with something like that. Especially asking soldiers to aim it while the dragon could shoot fire at them.

Modern militaries have a hell of time hitting much less maneuverable planes with anti-aircraft guns that fire hundreds of rounds a minute instead of maybe 1. If they actually have the ballista kill a dragon then just lol.

I really don't care about the Cersei/KL plotline at all any more. Euron's character does suck and I'm glad they wiped out the useless sand snakes as well. Pare down all of that filler they weren't really doing anything with anyway.

I think that's 0 for 2 for me so far this season...first episode was a bit boring, this was a bit boring AND had a rather dumb ending. How does Euron know exactly where Asha's fleet would be? They're heading to Casterly Rock, not King's Landing. And in the dark no less.

I also hate how they basically acknowledged the Sand Snakes have no purpose. Why on earth even show Dorne at all in the TV show? Other than Oberyn losing to the Mountain, that whole side story added nothing to the show.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 11:31 AM)
I think that's 0 for 2 for me so far this season...first episode was a bit boring, this was a bit boring AND had a rather dumb ending. How does Euron know exactly where Asha's fleet would be? They're heading to Casterly Rock, not King's Landing. And in the dark no less.

I also hate how they basically acknowledged the Sand Snakes have no purpose. Why on earth even show Dorne at all in the TV show? Other than Oberyn losing to the Mountain, that whole side story added nothing to the show.

I believe the ships were going to Dorne to get their army, but would still be hard to find the fleet.

I also am wondering if the 2 Sand Snakes are going to be the presents, as 2 were captured and it never showed their death.

Well given that Ellaria Sand killed Cersei's daughter, I have feeling her visit to King's Landing is not going to end too well.

And I think the last remaining Sand Snake is actually Ellaria's daughter, so I could see Cersai doing some f***ed up s*** to her in front of her mother.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

You literally have to sail through Blackwater Bay and past Dragonstone if you're coming from King's Landing, so it's not that crazy to think that Euron kept some spies/ships near Dragonstone to keep tabs on Dany's fleet and where they were heading. That's about the least crazy thing in that episode.

I don't think Euron is that awful, not really sure why you guys are hating on him so much. He's not the best villain type but there's been worse.

The sea-battle sequence had some nice shots but wasn't nearly as good as I thought it would be.

And agreed on the Sand Snakes, happy they are pretty much gone, but their army should still stand and "should" still have a part but who knows now. I take it though that Olenna wasn't in that fleet.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 03:11 AM)
Is it wrong that I was happy when the two Sandsnakes bit the dust? Totally useless and annoying characters.

Sand Snakes are arguably the worst thing in the entire tv series.

I don't like Euron or any of the Ironborne (bunch of cans), but I applaud him for taking them out.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 11:02 AM)
The reveal of that ballista makes me think that at least one dragon is going to die in the battle at King's Landing.

Every single battle plan Cersei has come up with has worked to fend off armies or enemies that should have beaten her. IMO this is the time where she is confident and the f***ing dragon comes out of the sky and torches every one of those p**** crossbows.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 23, 2017 -> 08:26 PM)
I'm the opposite. The dorne characters have fallen too easily. Euron wasn't supposed to be a great warrior

The Dorne characters were crappy in the shows (and weren't well received) which is why I presumed their were whacked so quick this season.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 25, 2017 -> 10:17 AM)
The Dorne characters were crappy in the shows (and weren't well received) which is why I presumed their were whacked so quick this season.

Yea seemed like an out clause for the show writers. Even their dialogue before the battle scene was pathetic, they clearly didn't want to invest the time into making Dorne work. Which is too bad, one of the more underrated stories in the books imo.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 25, 2017 -> 08:56 AM)
Every single battle plan Cersei has come up with has worked to fend off armies or enemies that should have beaten her. IMO this is the time where she is confident and the f***ing dragon comes out of the sky and torches every one of those p**** crossbows.

The show has made it a point to have the dragons stay in one place while breathing fire (not all the time but frequently), my guess is during one of those times an arrow from one of the crossbows will hit them. Gotta remember, no one has battled with a dragon in hundreds of years, tactics to protect them and avoid such defenses aren't really known at this point.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 25, 2017 -> 08:37 AM)
The show has made it a point to have the dragons stay in one place while breathing fire (not all the time but frequently), my guess is during one of those times an arrow from one of the crossbows will hit them. Gotta remember, no one has battled with a dragon in hundreds of years, tactics to protect them and avoid such defenses aren't really known at this point.

They should just dunk a random person in poison and leave him out for the dragons to eat.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 25, 2017 -> 10:37 AM)

Yeah and if some random Sons of Harpy can hit a dragon with spears then I think the crossbows will get at least one big hit on a dragon, which will either kill or at the very least seriously injure it. I also think the writers will want to show that the dragons aren't invincible in a battle.

Edited by OmarComing25

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 25, 2017 -> 04:32 PM)
Yeah and if some random Sons of Harpy can hit a dragon with spears then I think the crossbows will get at least big hit on a dragon, which will either kill or at the very least seriously injure it. I also think the writers will want to show that the dragons aren't invincible in a battle.

Well that dragon had to land to pick up Dany.

There's no reason they can't fly over a battlefield and pour fire down upon armies from high above...except that would be too OP so they won't do it until it becomes cool fighting hordes of zombies.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 25, 2017 -> 10:32 AM)
Yeah and if some random Sons of Harpy can hit a dragon with spears then I think the crossbows will get at least one big hit on a dragon, which will either kill or at the very least seriously injure it. I also think the writers will want to show that the dragons aren't invincible in a battle.

So, the dragons were pretty young then. The mythology of dragons (in both the books and the show) is that they have extraordinarily difficult to kill or even injure. They were the equivalent of Westeros nuclear weapons. The difficulty with dragons was actually being able to control them. Thus, while it might make sense that a random spear could hurt a young dragon, it makes less sense that it would work on a fully grown dragon - and it seems to not even a little comply with the shows mythology that "giant crossbow" is a real threat.

The giant crossbow is stupid in any event because it should already exist in this world (ie, it's not some super impressive discovery by Qyburn). Additionally, in the battle they showed this week, there are literally flying projectiles zooming through the sky - again making it appear that this weapon already exists.

It was a pretty seriously underwhelming reveal. I mean, the dude that creating FrankenMountain's best anti-dragon idea is a super big crossbow? Come on...

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Jul 25, 2017 -> 12:00 PM)
So, the dragons were pretty young then. The mythology of dragons (in both the books and the show) is that they have extraordinarily difficult to kill or even injure. They were the equivalent of Westeros nuclear weapons. The difficulty with dragons was actually being able to control them. Thus, while it might make sense that a random spear could hurt a young dragon, it makes less sense that it would work on a fully grown dragon - and it seems to not even a little comply with the shows mythology that "giant crossbow" is a real threat.

The giant crossbow is stupid in any event because it should already exist in this world (ie, it's not some super impressive discovery by Qyburn). Additionally, in the battle they showed this week, there are literally flying projectiles zooming through the sky - again making it appear that this weapon already exists.

It was a pretty seriously underwhelming reveal. I mean, the dude that creating FrankenMountain's best anti-dragon idea is a super big crossbow? Come on...

I really thought the Dragon Horn was going to be a thing and this seems like quite the reach in comparison. I guess we'll have to see how they use these giant crossbows. I keep going back to the wildfire in season 2 and maybe there will be some trick in how they leverage them that makes them far more effective.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Jul 25, 2017 -> 12:00 PM)

That's a good point. This show is basically feudal Europe late Middle Ages in terms of culture and tech. Ballistas were a Roman invention a millennium before. We've already seen more advanced catapults and trebuchets.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 25, 2017 -> 12:18 PM)
I really thought the Dragon Horn was going to be a thing and this seems like quite the reach in comparison. I guess we'll have to see how they use these giant crossbows. I keep going back to the wildfire in season 2 and maybe there will be some trick in how they leverage them that makes them far more effective.

Except the guy who concocted the wildfire trick is now on the other side.