Sign in to follow this  
WilliamTell

MARVEL Universe Thread

Captain Marvel was good, not great.

Deserves its 79 Rotten Tomatoes score.

Felt like it dragged in places, loved the action scenes (especially as the movie advanced) but it wasn't one where you didn't ever look down at your watch waiting for something interesting to happen.

Some sharp humor from the Skrulls...loved seeing the backstory of Fury and Coulson, but not enough direct connections to the upcoming Avengers film for most fan-boys (have to stay for the end credits I guess, they kick you out of the theatre in China cleaning for the subsequent show.)

Not huge fans of Benning and Jude Law being in this film...loved the 90's music references, particularly Garbage, No Doubt, Hole and Nirvana.

Why didn't you like Benning and Law? You mean those characters or them as the actors. Jude Law is easy to hate for me so he fit for me.

Man, kicking you out before credit scenes of Marvel movie? That really is a communist country.

25 minutes ago, Brian said:

Why didn't you like Benning and Law? You mean those characters or them as the actors. Jude Law is easy to hate for me so he fit for me.

Man, kicking you out before credit scenes of Marvel movie? That really is a communist country.

Guess just personal preference.  Same reason didn’t like Amber Heard and Patrick Wilson In Aquaman.  To each his own...

7 hours ago, soxfan2014 said:

Two? I assume there is one in the new X-men, possibly New Mutants.

Lol no, neither of those.  Avengers Endgame and Spider-Man Far From home 

3 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Lol no, neither of those.  Avengers Endgame and Spider-Man Far From home 

Why is that an lol? He appears in The Fantastic Four and X-Men movies and he usually shoots all his cameos for whatever movies are filming around the same time. Not really crazy to think he'd appear in Dark Phoenix.

Also, it's funny how he was actually playing himself in this last movie reading the script for his cameo in Mall Rats.

Edited by soxfan2014

16 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Why is that an lol? He appears in The Fantastic Four and X-Men movies and he usually shoots all his cameos for whatever movies are filming around the same time. Not really crazy to think he'd appear in Dark Phoenix.

Also, it's funny how he was actually playing himself in this last movie reading the script for his cameo in Mall Rats.

I think Dark Phoenix and New Mutants are supposed to be some of the worst of  the X-men films, the early word from Dark Phoenix is not good and New Mutants has been buried for almost two years now.   Pretty sure  his appearances in X Men movies is spotty at best.  Don't think he has appeared in all of them like he has the MCU movies.  Glancing at his IMDb it seems like he hasn't don't Days of Future Past, First Class, I don't see anything for Dark Phoenix either but I'm sure that could change

im not a huge fan of what happened to the X Men movies after x2

6 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I think Dark Phoenix and New Mutants are supposed to be some of the worst of  the X-men films, the early word from Dark Phoenix is not good and New Mutants has been buried for almost two years now.   Pretty sure  his appearances in X Men movies is spotty at best.  Don't think he has appeared in all of them like he has the MCU movies.  Glancing at his IMDb it seems like he hasn't don't Days of Future Past, First Class, I don't see anything for Dark Phoenix either but I'm sure that could change

im not a huge fan of what happened to the X Men movies after x2

100% agree.

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

Is new mutants even going to be released still?

I'm not even sure. I know the release of Dark Phoenix was iffy for a while.

I think New Mutants will end up being a Netflix/Hulu dump at some point 

Disney rehires James Gunn to direct Guardians of the Galaxy 3, which will probably be pushed to 2021 because of Suicide Squad 2

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Disney rehires James Gunn to direct Guardians of the Galaxy 3, which will probably be pushed to 2021 because of Suicide Squad 2

Wow, that’s awesome!  Guardians of the Galaxy is easily the best Marvel series IMO.

Captain Marvel - 3.5 to 4 out of 5.

I enjoyed it for a movie, but it was certainly not much of a script or the way the characters were treated.

My biggest gripe was

the empathy toward the Skrulls. Those guys are some of the worst villains in Marvel Comics history.