• Joel Quenneville
    • Al Lopez
    • Mike Ditka
    • Leo Durocher
    • Ozzie Guillen
    • Billy Reay
    • Dick Motta
    • Papa Bear Halas

I think it has to be Quenneville. Ditka was too stubborn and dictatorial though the 85 Bears team was amazing. Jackson was astounding but he had M.J. Q has three rings. Papa Bear?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 10:33 PM)
I think it has to be Quenneville. Ditka was too stubborn and dictatorial though the 85 Bears team was amazing. Jackson was astounding but he had M.J. Q has three rings. Papa Bear?

Phil and then Halas and then Q.

Mike Ditka doesn't deserve to be on that list. He won one title with a team that had the talent level of the blackhawks. He had the NFL's all time best runner, plus one of the best ever MiLB's and multiple other HOF's. To only go to one Super Bowl with that is sad.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 08:34 PM)
Mike Ditka doesn't deserve to be on that list. He won one title with a team that had the talent level of the blackhawks. He had the NFL's all time best runner, plus one of the best ever MiLB's and multiple other HOF's. To only go to one Super Bowl with that is sad.

Sure he belongs on the list. He won a ring. Chicago has had precious few rings. Halas only won one in a ton of seasons as coach.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 10:59 AM)
Not an ozzie fan but don't know how you could conceivably argue Ditka over him.

People forget how overrated he was. Should've won at least another SB. Didn't give Payton the ball on goal line. Gave it to Fridge.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 04:59 PM)
Not an ozzie fan but don't know how you could conceivably argue Ditka over him.

first, Ditka was the first championship in some many yrs, second, i really don't like Ozzie, so i am being biased.

at least i admit it. :D

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 05:02 PM)
People forget how overrated he was. Should've won at least another SB. Didn't give Payton the ball on goal line. Gave it to Fridge.

the bears should have had 2 more SB... the defense was the team... the bears had a horrible offensive coordinator.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 10:28 PM)
Very surprised at all the Jackson love. He had MJ, folks. You know how hard it is to win the Stanley Cup?

And Q has Toews, Kane, Hossa and Keith.

Coaches who win lots of championships tend to have really good players.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 10:28 PM)
Very surprised at all the Jackson love. He had MJ, folks. You know how hard it is to win the Stanley Cup?

I hate when people just assume that Phil rolled out the balls. He managed personalities and convinced Michael to trust his teammates. The man won 11 championships. He had great players but all of them had tremendous egos. It's not some easy job.

It was me. I voted for Al Lopez. Do I honestly think he was better than Jackson or Quenneville? No, but he needed some love. The guy was one heck of a manager and did get the Sox to the World Series when the Yankees were SO dominant. Poor Lopez's teams finished second to the Yankees numerous times, but he did wonders with much less than Casey Stengel had to work with.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 05:22 AM)
It was me. I voted for Al Lopez. Do I honestly think he was better than Jackson or Quenneville? No, but he needed some love. The guy was one heck of a manager and did get the Sox to the World Series when the Yankees were SO dominant. Poor Lopez's teams finished second to the Yankees numerous times, but he did wonders with much less than Casey Stengel had to work with.

coaches like Lopez, who coached and found success on shear will alone are great one. it is these kind of coaches that goes unnoticed. that was a great name to come up with in this discussion.

however in history, people will remember the coaches who won all the championships. so with that, how many did Phil won as a bulls coach?

followed by how many Q won as a blackhawks coach?