2015-16 NHL thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That crosscheck by Wideman was absolutely disgusting. He deserves to have the book thrown at him.

EDIT: Saw before that play he got hit in the head.. might of gotten woozy and crosschecked the linesman last minute. Still hard to give him the benefit of the doubt at all though.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 08:24 AM)
I think he was concussed from the previous hit and was kind of in autopilot...

It's certainly possible and you would hope that's true because it was unfathomably stupid to hit an official.

If he can convince the NHL that was the case, he should still probably get 20 games (but if he was concussed, he should probably be out a lot of that, anyway)

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 01:53 AM)
That crosscheck by Wideman was absolutely disgusting. He deserves to have the book thrown at him.

EDIT: Saw before that play he got hit in the head.. might of gotten woozy and crosschecked the linesman last minute. Still hard to give him the benefit of the doubt at all though.

problem is he didnt use the check as a defense. he said something like the ref was in his way and it was too late for him to skate around him so he ran into him.

this wont end well for him.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 09:14 AM)
Toews to skip the All-Star game to rest, will automatically be suspended for one game. (Tuesday @ Colorado). Sounds good to me, rest is best.

As dead as this team looked after the winning streak ended, I am OK with that.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 10:03 AM)
As dead as this team looked after the winning streak ended, I am OK with that.

Toews has played alot of hockey as well and hasn't had the best year. This is probably a blessing in disguise.