9/5 at KC Royals

flavum

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2015 -> 08:20 PM)
Nice to beat the Royals. The law of averages has kicked in nicely this series.

Q is pretty damn impressive. ... What happened to Melky's power? Nine homers is ridiculously bad for all the $$$ he's making. This board IMO doesn't blast Melky enough. Arguably he's one of the biggest disappointments on our team.

That said ... SOX ARE ROLLING OVER KC! Finally. Nice.

I agree. Last year he hit 16 HR's and in our park I thought at least 20. But, that is how this season has gone.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2015 -> 08:43 PM)
Petricka and Duke are not big leaguers IMO. Somehow get rid of both.

Put them both on waivers and see if they're claimed. But would Duke and 2 years left at 5 mil each be too much for even one of the leaders to take on?

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Sep 5, 2015 -> 09:18 PM)
Would you really trade him though? Assuming he is dealt and Samardzija goes elsewhere, there's really no pitcher you can't count on behind Sale and Rodon. I mean Danks would be the #3 starter lol.

Doesn't f***ing matter, we need impact bats. Q will get us that.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Sep 6, 2015 -> 02:50 AM)
So the Sox would have good hitting but no pitching? That's not a formula for success either.

Very true. That's why I liked my suggestion the best. We could have traded Shark at the break and Duke like I suggested. We also could have dumped Melky, Laroche and Lexi. Our pitching would still be great w/out Shark and Duke and even Robertson. Why oh why didn't we start the reloading at the deadline??

s*** man. At times I'm ready to move Sale, Abreu and Q and stockpile prospects and try and get this thing going long term. It's painful to watch us ruin the primes of those three. Which is what it seems like we'll do for the next three seasons. Maybe this is just the booze talking at this point lol. I'm sick of s***ty baseball run by s***ty people.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Sep 5, 2015 -> 10:06 PM)
s*** man. At times I'm ready to move Sale, Abreu and Q and stockpile prospects and try and get this thing going long term. It's painful to watch us ruin the primes of those three. Which is what it seems like we'll do for the next three seasons. Maybe this is just the booze talking at this point lol. I'm sick of s***ty baseball run by s***ty people.

I'm not trusting this organization with prospects. They do fine with pitching. They could trade Sale and end up with another Borchard, Owens, Fields and Anderson. The Mount Rushmore of Suck. I'd trade those 3 for 90% of the Cardinals scouting and development and throw in Buddy Bell as a bonus.