White Privilege?

greg775

Does anybody else think the Missouri protest group could be a little less aggressive? Their list of "demands" is sort of obnoxious. Why use the word "demands?" Why be so pushy? I'd venture to say most of the students are Missouri at NOT racist. But if these troublemaker students keep it up (like at Dartmouth) I can imagine at some point people are going to rebel against them. Go up to the wrong person in a library and get in his face and tell him to declare his white privilege and you might get a knuckle sandwich from Bruno the lineman.

Edited by greg775

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 14, 2015 -> 10:25 PM)
Does anybody else think the Missouri protest group could be a little less aggressive? Their list of "demands" is sort of obnoxious. Why use the word "demands?" Why be so pushy? I'd venture to say most of the students are Missouri at NOT racist. But if these troublemaker students keep it up (like at Dartmouth) I can imagine at some point people are going to rebel against them. Go up to the wrong person in a library and get in his face and tell him to declare his white privilege and you might get a knuckle sandwich from Bruno the lineman.

Greg, the formal reason we don't negotiate with terrorists is that once they find out violence works, they will just keep doing it to get what they want. It wil never end. Colleges have been giving in to the f***ing crybabies on campuses for years now so they feel emboldened to 'demand' whatever their feelz tell them to. SOmeone needs to tell them to STFU and get back to class. And if they don't go to class, you fail them and/or expel them. That Mizzou Prez should have rescinded every scholarship of any player that refused to play. At some point the adults have to be in charge. I don't feel sorry for the university staff, they brought all this upon themselves. Now the liberals in charge know what it is like to be at the end of a SJW witchhunt. Have fun with that.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Nov 15, 2015 -> 03:28 PM)
Greg, the formal reason we don't negotiate with terrorists is that once they find out violence works, they will just keep doing it to get what they want. It wil never end. Colleges have been giving in to the f***ing crybabies on campuses for years now so they feel emboldened to 'demand' whatever their feelz tell them to. SOmeone needs to tell them to STFU and get back to class. And if they don't go to class, you fail them and/or expel them. That Mizzou Prez should have rescinded every scholarship of any player that refused to play. At some point the adults have to be in charge. I don't feel sorry for the university staff, they brought all this upon themselves. Now the liberals in charge know what it is like to be at the end of a SJW witchhunt. Have fun with that.

Hard to believe, but the Missouri protesters are tweeting that the media should be covering "terrorism" on their campus as much as the situation in France. Just proves more and more these mass death incidents aren't even considered out of the ordinary anymore. How dare those students tweet that their deal is more important than 120 people being killed in France.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 15, 2015 -> 08:16 PM)
Hard to believe, but the Missouri protesters are tweeting that the media should be covering "terrorism" on their campus as much as the situation in France. Just proves more and more these mass death incidents aren't even considered out of the ordinary anymore. How dare those students tweet that their deal is more important than 120 people being killed in France.

Do you have a link to this?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 15, 2015 -> 08:16 PM)

Greg, five minutes on twitter and you'd realize those tweets weren't coming from Mizzou students or people in Columbia.

Do some research for once, will you?

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 12:57 PM)
Oh my god, is nothing sacred anymore? Noise in the library? I never. I never!

A group of Black Lives Matter protestors at Dartmouth College led a violent protest Thursday, hurling racial insults at students and pushing them up against a wall as they tried to study in the library, The Dartmouth Review reports. “f*** you, you filthy white f***s!” “f*** you and your comfort!” “f*** you, you racist s***!” they reportedly yelled. About a 150 Dartmouth protesters shouted as they marched through Baker-Berry Library at Dartmouth College. Students who didn’t join in on their protests were harassed, one woman was pinned to a wall by protesters who shouted, “filthy white b****!” in her face. Students who were seated were told to, “Stand the f*** up!” “You filthy racist white piece of s***!” The protesters actively disrupted students reviewing for exams, entering study spaces and shouting at students who tried to close their door. One student was forced to abandon her study room and ran out of the library.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/42715...ol-david-french

“I was sitting in Novack studying when a large group of protestors came in chanting ‘black lives matter.’ They gathered in the center of Novack amongst the tables where there were a number of people working peacefully. They kept shouting and started banging on tables. They demanded that people stand up to show their solidarity. Those who did not stand were targeted and questioned. There was a girl studying in one of the study rooms in Novack and the protestors stormed the room. She closed the door on one of the protestors which resulted in rage from many protestors. The girl then exited silently through the crowd while protestors screamed at her calling her a white b**** . . . After making a girl cry, a protestor screamed “f*** your white tears.”

Just a little noise........If the roles were reversed these ass clowns would be looking for a new school to attend....But God forbid we offend the little black kiddies and their hatred....Hell maybe they'll get something free out of it....

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Nov 17, 2015 -> 12:29 PM)
A group of Black Lives Matter protestors at Dartmouth College led a violent protest Thursday, hurling racial insults at students and pushing them up against a wall as they tried to study in the library, The Dartmouth Review reports. “f*** you, you filthy white f***s!” “f*** you and your comfort!” “f*** you, you racist s***!” they reportedly yelled. About a 150 Dartmouth protesters shouted as they marched through Baker-Berry Library at Dartmouth College. Students who didn’t join in on their protests were harassed, one woman was pinned to a wall by protesters who shouted, “filthy white b****!” in her face. Students who were seated were told to, “Stand the f*** up!” “You filthy racist white piece of s***!” The protesters actively disrupted students reviewing for exams, entering study spaces and shouting at students who tried to close their door. One student was forced to abandon her study room and ran out of the library.

“I was sitting in Novack studying when a large group of protestors came in chanting ‘black lives matter.’ They gathered in the center of Novack amongst the tables where there were a number of people working peacefully. They kept shouting and started banging on tables. They demanded that people stand up to show their solidarity. Those who did not stand were targeted and questioned. There was a girl studying in one of the study rooms in Novack and the protestors stormed the room. She closed the door on one of the protestors which resulted in rage from many protestors. The girl then exited silently through the crowd while protestors screamed at her calling her a white b**** . . . After making a girl cry, a protestor screamed “f*** your white tears.”

Just a little noise........If the roles were reversed these ass clowns would be looking for a new school to attend....But God forbid we offend the little black kiddies and their hatred....Hell maybe they'll get something free out of it....

I'm sorry, you are right. That is abhorrent behavior and the students that behaved that way should be disciplined.

Yup, those protesters were in the wrong, absolutely should be called out. That said, it doesn't mean the movement itself is wrong. Hopefully they learn a lesson and any future protests are smarter, classier, and more meaningful.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 16, 2015 -> 11:15 AM)
So apparently st. louis cardinals fans are neo nazis. i was following best fans in baseball and saw some really bad tweets.

Cardinals fans sucking is nothing new. I don't think that's really related though.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 17, 2015 -> 02:06 PM)
Yup, those protesters were in the wrong, absolutely should be called out. That said, it doesn't mean the movement itself is wrong. Hopefully they learn a lesson and any future protests are smarter, classier, and more meaningful.

I agree. Just think there is a time and place for that, and it is not the library while students are studying.

If that had been me, I wouldn't be wasting my time asking the university to do something, I'd be filing a civil rights lawsuit. Those people committed Federal hate crimes.

Well I think often it's a matter of empathy and identity. In the library scenario, you have a white student intimitated and treated poorly and the response is that those who performed that should be punished.

In the other you have a group bringing up all of the times they have been intimidated or treated poorly and the response is to stop complaining and that's not happening and you are wrong.

I don't think you can validate the feelings of one group while immediately deflect the points of the other. If you were constantly told that your feelings weren't correct when you were treated poorly, i'd like to see what your eventual response would be.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 17, 2015 -> 02:30 PM)
Can't believe Black Lives Matter is still relevant. After they started blocking highways, causing disturbances and making Bernie Sanders apologize for saying "all lives matter" I though that would have just about done them in. Media loves controversy and racial injustice.

"All lives matter" is a pretty callous response. Would you go to a breast cancer awareness event and start shouting "ALL CANCERS MATTER!"? "Black Lives Matter" isn't saying only black lives matter or that black lives matter more. It's more or less "black lives matter, too" because in their eyes, that isn't always how it's viewed.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 17, 2015 -> 02:47 PM)
In the other you have a group bringing up all of the times they have been intimidated or treated poorly and the response is to stop complaining and that's not happening and you are wrong.

I don't think anyone has said that. The response is more like if you have a problem with the way you were treated, the remedy is not to go into a library and scream "f*** you white people" at students that had nothing with the situation.

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 17, 2015 -> 03:44 PM)
If that had been me, I wouldn't be wasting my time asking the university to do something, I'd be filing a civil rights lawsuit. Those people committed Federal hate crimes.

Sorry, but as a white Christian male you're not allowed to be offended or feel persecuted by anything.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 17, 2015 -> 02:30 PM)
Can't believe Black Lives Matter is still relevant. After they started blocking highways, causing disturbances and making Bernie Sanders apologize for saying "all lives matter" I though that would have just about done them in. Media loves controversy and racial injustice.

A 24 year old black man, Jamar Cook, was shot in the head by police Saturday night. Protesters blocked I-94 in Minneapolis on Monday night, and they've been camping out in front of the local police precinct. Some witnesses say Cook was handcuffed and on the ground when shot, police say he was not handcuffed. Video hasn't been released yet. City asked FBI to conduct a civil rights inquiry. Who knows where this will go.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 18, 2015 -> 02:55 PM)
Sorry, but as a white Christian male you're not allowed to be offended or feel persecuted by anything.

Great point. You are sitting in a library and basically in danger. That should be filed as a hate crime and file a federal lawsuit. I bet the kids in the library never thought of that.