**2016 Films Thread**

Brian

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't really like Star Trek. It felt long and it was like they wrote all of the dialogue for Paul walker. Some fun action sequences (the first set up sequence was really fence and well done) and I liked that it was lighter but I left pretty bored.

Maybe Green Room wouldve been better to see in a theatre. It was good but didn't feel as great as everyone else says. I also have trouble paying attention watching movies at home, which is why I go to the theatre so much when I can.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 12, 2016 -> 08:20 AM)
The original was good, the remake was unnecessary and offered nothing new except the english language. If it was good, they would have made the rest of the movies.

Couldn't even watch the remake. Noomi Rapace was awesome in all 3. :) (tho each got progressively worse)

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (Tony @ Aug 15, 2016 -> 02:59 PM)
Sausage Party sucked

Haven't seen it, but it looks pretty dumb from the ads. I think I saw a Matrix bullet time joke in there, in 2016? I mean that's a gigantic red flag. I was puzzled when it started getting good reviews but your post pretty much allows me to confirm my uninformed opinion.

(Aside: I realize you're supposed to be in an altered state when you see it, and that's not really my thing, but it hasn't stopped me from enjoying other Seth Rogen / Evan Goldberg work)

QUOTE (Tony @ Aug 15, 2016 -> 02:59 PM)
Sausage Party sucked

I went to see it sober as well. I felt like I was watching something some of my old middle school friends would make.

It definitely sucks overall but some scenes did make me laugh just out of pure stupidity, especially the most famous scene of the movie.

Edited by TheTruth05

Saw Kubo and the Two Strings, with my 7 year old daughter. For kids that age or older, I highly recommend it. I enjoyed it too. But it was a little scary in some places for even the 7-year old, so I don't recommend going younger than that. Depends on the kid of course.

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 31, 2016 -> 08:07 AM)
Just top ten? People are talking about it like it should be top one or two of the year.

I may have trouble coming up with another 8 after this and Eye in The Sky. It has been a s***ty year thus far

I just got back from Los Angeles, I was there for a few weeks. I checked out the New Beverely Theater, which is owned by Quentin Tarantino. I saw Magnum Force and the Hateful Eight again.

I went to Universal Studios and checked out the Dunkirk set, it was the last days of filming. The warships that you'll see in the film are all real.

Went to the WB lot too.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 9, 2016 -> 05:19 PM)
Why surprisingly? It'd been getting a great reaction.

Most no-name (casting wise) teen thrillers are profitable but not nearly this good.

Looks like the march is already on to give Tom Hanks a third Oscar for Sully. Seems forever since Castaway and Philadelphia. Plus the Academy loves everything Esstwood these days. Well, maybe not his brand of politics.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 9, 2016 -> 05:11 PM)
Don't Breathe was surprisingly good...especially for that genre.

Best movie of the year.

But I hated the ending scene, it was completely unnecessary in my opinion. And I hated very beginning scene, it didn't really have a purpose.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Sep 10, 2016 -> 06:54 AM)
Best movie of the year.

But I hated the ending scene, it was completely unnecessary in my opinion. And I hated very beginning scene, it didn't really have a purpose.

Yeah, it's almost like they couldn't come in under 1:20.

Sequel set up, although this one would be hard to top unless they do something related to virtual reality/computer assistance program.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Sep 10, 2016 -> 07:54 AM)
Best movie of the year.

But it's the best movie of the year? Feels like you throw that label around too much.

What was the last scary movie to be considered for an Academy Award?

The Sixth Sense or The Silence of the Lambs? Neither of those are actually horror movies. The Ring was really good and it didn't come close, although it was a remake.

I guess some will consider Paranormal Activity and The Blair Witch project, but those were cultural phenomenons rather than great movies...although the first PA was at least entertaining at the time. It was something new and different.