2016 Minor League Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Apr 9, 2016 -> 01:34 AM)
What a shame, hope he recovers

ref kolek, that was the pitcher i really thought that the sox would chose. never thinking that rodon would be there.

i too really hope he recovers.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone ever taken a Sox minors road trip through the South? With new parks in Birmingham and Charlotte it's tempting. I assume the schedule is an issue, but it's probably relatively simple to do Kanny/Charlotte/Winston-Salem, right? The swing over to Birmingham is where it'd get tough, though maybe you could cross the new Braves park off the list while doing it.

Some day...

QUOTE (3GamesToLove @ Apr 12, 2016 -> 08:36 AM)
Anyone ever taken a Sox minors road trip through the South? With new parks in Birmingham and Charlotte it's tempting. I assume the schedule is an issue, but it's probably relatively simple to do Kanny/Charlotte/Winston-Salem, right? The swing over to Birmingham is where it'd get tough, though maybe you could cross the new Braves park off the list while doing it.

Some day...

I've gone to the NC teams every year for a few years, for FS. Charlotte, Kanny and W-S are all within a little over an hour's drive from each others. Kanny is in the middle. The Charlotte park is fantastic. W-S is actually very nice too. Kanny is fine, it's prototypical A-ball.

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Apr 17, 2016 -> 06:52 PM)
Former farmhand Sammy Ayala resuming baseball career in the Frontier League

http://www.frontierleague.com/transactions-2/

I remember when we took him and Barazza in the same draft. I really, really thought we'd get one legit catching prospect out of those picks and both flamed out very quickly.