AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 24, 2016 -> 05:25 PM)
the cubs man. I don't live in Chicago so I maybe have a bit more unbiased opinion (and god knows if I lived there I'd f***ing hate the Cubs hype) but they are video game good right now. Hell, you'd adjust the sliders if they were this good in a video game. Pythag pace is for 135 wins!

And we are currently 1 game worse than the Cubs.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Apr 24, 2016 -> 06:24 PM)
The only problem I've had is Jake Petricka in high leverage situations, but I know we can't use the same guys each and everyday.

Or Zach Duke for that matter. I consider him the weak link until proven otherwise

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 24, 2016 -> 05:02 PM)
Kenny Williams got Laroche to retire. Does that give him a leg up for executive of the year?

Yes

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 24, 2016 -> 05:07 PM)
Depends what they do withe the money.. Right now the position hasn't been upgraded.

Screw the money, that's just a bonus, the position has absolutely been upgraded. It's simple addition by subtraction. Toxic people in a small group will absolutely drag the whole group down. Last year, I can't think of a single moment when we never saw players hanging out together, posting pictures on social media together, or celebrating for and with each other. We're seeing all of that now. This team has some character. Last year isn't all on LaRoche, but I have no doubt he and his kid had something to do with the team not gelling.

I'm personally starting to relax a little more when Duke is pitching, and I think Robin deserves credit for how he has brought Duke along.

He started in a LOOGY role until Robin decided he could be trusted for more, and the trust has been well place so far. In his last five appearances covering 5.1 innings, he has 3 hits, 1 walk, and 5 strikeouts. And if I remember right, two of the hits were a swinging bunt by DeShields and a jamshot into shallow left by Beltre.

He's more reliable right now than he's getting credit for.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 24, 2016 -> 05:46 PM)
KC's got them by a run.

Run differential really paints the disparity in the NL. Brewers and Reds staffs are just getting pounded.

There are five NL teams with worse differentials than the worst AL team (Twins, -21) and five NL teams with better differentials than the best AL team (KC, +15). That seems absurd.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 09:14 AM)
I'm personally starting to relax a little more when Duke is pitching, and I think Robin deserves credit for how he has brought Duke along.

He started in a LOOGY role until Robin decided he could be trusted for more, and the trust has been well place so far. In his last five appearances covering 5.1 innings, he has 3 hits, 1 walk, and 5 strikeouts. And if I remember right, two of the hits were a swinging bunt by DeShields and a jamshot into shallow left by Beltre.

He's more reliable right now than he's getting credit for.

This team is not going to have the luxury of only pitching bullpen players when the game is out of hand. We are going to be in close games, so we need to be able to trust everyone, and sometimes they'll fail but we'll be better for it.

I haven't had a problem with bullpen management with Robin. The only thing I don't like is Rollins/Saladino at #2, but melky behind Frazier has been pretty great. That and the sending people to steal with Abreu up.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 10:41 AM)
This team is not going to have the luxury of only pitching bullpen players when the game is out of hand. We are going to be in close games, so we need to be able to trust everyone, and sometimes they'll fail but we'll be better for it.

I haven't had a problem with bullpen management with Robin. The only thing I don't like is Rollins/Saladino at #2, but melky behind Frazier has been pretty great. That and the sending people to steal with Abreu up.

Yeah I thought the Good Version of Melky would have been the ideal #2, just as I did when we signed him. But you'd have to be insane to want to mess with him right now.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 10:53 AM)
Yeah I thought the Good Version of Melky would have been the ideal #2, just as I did when we signed him. But you'd have to be insane to want to mess with him right now.

Melky seems to be super zoned in run-scoring opportunities. Luckily he's had plenty the last week.

I was at the game, great win! The attendance looked pretty good as well, but when they are playing well boy do the Sox bring out some trash! And the entire lower section doing the wave with runners in scoring position was quite a sad sight.