5/18 White Sox vs Astros

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ May 18, 2016 -> 09:32 PM)
Who's idea was it to hire Robin in first place? Refresh my memory.

I'm pretty sure it came entirely out of the blue. RV was sitting around his house retired, with zero managerial experience, I mean not even like "special advisor in spring" or some BS like that when KW called him up. I still don't understand the thought process behind hiring a guy with zero experience who wasn't exactly a renowned leader of men during his playing days.

2 guys hitting above .261, that seems to be an every year thing, though I'm sure someone will pull stats and prove me wrong. Sure seems like it is always the case, regardless of the names on the uniforms.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 19, 2016 -> 01:36 AM)
I'm pretty sure it came entirely out of the blue. RV was sitting around his house retired, with zero managerial experience, I mean not even like "special advisor in spring" or some BS like that when KW called him up. I still don't understand the thought process behind hiring a guy with zero experience who wasn't exactly a renowned leader of men during his playing days.

The sox sent out a questionnaire asking if you would bunt in a tie game after pitcher has thrown 8 straight balls in the 7th. He was the only person to say yes, so he got the job

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 18, 2016 -> 08:36 PM)

Reinsdorf written all over it. On the cheap. Worked out with ozzie so why not try another former player.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 18, 2016 -> 08:38 PM)
The sox sent out a questionnaire asking if you would bunt in a tie game after pitcher has thrown 8 straight balls in the 7th. He was the only person to say yes, so he got the job

Good news is his replacement is already on the bench.

Way to dog it Navarro

QUOTE (fathom @ May 18, 2016 -> 07:38 PM)

Fairly certain Ozzie would have played for the big inning with the Sox bullpen so shaky as well...and down Nate Jones already at that point.

Seems the AL Central is back to being a 4-team race again.

Hard to believe if you think back to the way things felt when Frazier hit that grand slam what feels like a month ago now.