Yanks vs. Indians

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 5, 2007 -> 12:55 AM)
I fully expect Cleveland to take this series, and maybe one day the Yankees will learn how important pitchng depth is.

Cashman fully understands that -- it's why none of Kennedy, Joba or Hughes have been traded for quick fixes any of the past couple winters.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Oct 4, 2007 -> 08:55 PM)
Cashman fully understands that -- it's why none of Kennedy, Joba or Hughes have been traded for quick fixes any of the past couple winters.

Ya, they got a hell of a nice pitching core there when you include Wang for the future. I personally think Cleveland is the better team right now, especially in a short series(Sabathia-Carmona 3 or 4 time in a series is narsty) but you have to like what the Yankees have for the future, pitching wise.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 4, 2007 -> 08:59 PM)
Ya, they got a hell of a nice pitching core there when you include Wang for the future. I personally think Cleveland is the better team right now, especially in a short series(Sabathia-Carmona 3 or 4 time in a series is narsty) but you have to like what the Yankees have for the future, pitching wise.

Yep, especially since in addition to the big 3 and Wang they have a number of other high potential arms (Brackman, Betances, Sanchez) plus secondary pitching prospects who could be major league contributors. Yankees sunk a ton of money into scouting and international signings and it is paying off big time.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 5, 2007 -> 01:59 AM)

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely rooting for Cleveland and with Sabathia + Carmona, I don't know how you couldn't consider them favorites in this series. Surprisingly enough, I believe Vegas had the Yankees as favorites. Going back a little earlier than that, I was surprised that Cleveland wasn't getting better (or worse I should say) World Series odds -- they were at 8-to-1. That was an easy bet for me, so I'll have a (figurative) Indians cap on for the next several weeks.

Pete Rose lives his baseball life in exile. Shoeless Joe Jackson was reduced to pretending Ty Cobb hadn't entered into his store and saying, "I thought you guys didn't want anything to do with me..." when he asked, "Don't you recognize me Joe?" It's the biggest rule in baseball: you don't bet on teams, let alone throw them. And so it always makes me a little sad to hear about people placing their bets on teams.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 5, 2007 -> 05:53 AM)
Pete Rose lives his baseball life in exile. Shoeless Joe Jackson was reduced to pretending Ty Cobb hadn't entered into his store and saying, "I thought you guys didn't want anything to do with me..." when he asked, "Don't you recognize me Joe?" It's the biggest rule in baseball: you don't bet on teams, let alone throw them. And so it always makes me a little sad to hear about people placing their bets on teams.

Did we hear something about that?

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Oct 5, 2007 -> 03:28 PM)
I really liked the Indian fan who had the sign "Not in my Teepee."

I didn't like the biceps on that Indian logo. Just like I don't like the big juiced up Blue Jay bird. I remember the Blue Jays when their logo was that little bird -- the 1993/1994 Blue Jays logo. But it shows us what the game thinks about steroid use, and the fans.

Last night, I made the call to a friend, after the runs started piling -- "AND THE ROUT IS ON IN CLEVELAND!" which was a modification of a call from the 1996 World Series, I believe (Yankees/Braves) where the Braves absolutely obliterated Andy Pettitte in Game 1. Let's do it again, Cleveland!

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 5, 2007 -> 03:34 PM)
I didn't like the biceps on that Indian logo. Just like I don't like the big juiced up Blue Jay bird. I remember the Blue Jays when their logo was that little bird -- the 1993/1994 Blue Jays logo. But it shows us what the game thinks about steroid use, and the fans.

Chicks dig the long ball

and huge biceps