Back Online

Chisoxfn

After a couple days, the site is back online on the brand new server. It certainly wasn't easy but Kap did a badass job getting us onto the new machine. Its double the ram and soon we will be on Version 3.0 of the forum software. Who knows how much better the site will work on the new server but we expect it to be pretty badass!!!!

Let us know if you run into any bugs and thanks for all the patience!!!

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 25, 2009 -> 11:40 PM)
Thank god the baseball league saved my sanity. Cause today, more or less from certian events, has not been a good day.

Was it Ed, Farrah or Michael that ruined this time for you?

Was it Ed, Farrah or Michael that ruined this time for you?

All of the above sadly, big fan of Ed, though Michaels hit the worst. So unexpected. Grew up (more of the parents/grandparents though, but I listened as a kid) listening to that talented man. The King of Pop gone.. kinda reminds my grandparents of the Cash & Presley lost. Farrahs hurt more for the older siblings, but she was more of the "anyday" type from the battling of cancer. Still a loss nontheless though probably the first two will be overshadowed sadly.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 12:02 AM)
And Kap almost died due to high blood pressure. I was about ready to kill some "support" people.

i kind of got the impression from your various facebook posts that they were less than prepared, as well as slow and not showing much urgency.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 25, 2009 -> 11:57 PM)
All of the above sadly, big fan of Ed, though Michaels hit the worst. So unexpected. Grew up (more of the parents/grandparents though, but I listened as a kid) listening to that talented man. The King of Pop gone.. kinda reminds my grandparents of the Cash & Presley lost. Farrahs hurt more for the older siblings, but she was more of the "anyday" type from the battling of cancer. Still a loss nontheless though probably the first two will be overshadowed sadly.

"The King of Pop" died a long time ago... who died was just a creepy billionaire guy who liked to touch little boys.

I thought I had been banned by Kapkomet in the middle of the night, lol.

Actually, I haven't been posting very much here these days...so that didn't make sense, either.

Here in Thailand, I'm pretty much elated if I can get Gameday Audio streams to work uninterruptedly, and when I post at soxtalk.com at the same time I am listening to the game, it kicks me out of the game broadcast because of my weak wireless connection.

Not sure what the recent news is...Josh Fields should now play everyday and we should send Beckham back down? AJ relives his past glory versus Dodgers? White Sox are playing pretty well again and still losing ground to Tigers? It actually sucked to have to root for the Cubs, and there wasn't as much joy as in the past when they blew the first game against DET because that meant WE were losing more ground.

And Transformers 2 pretty much sucked AND was about as long as yesterday's extra inning game!!!

We are now 7-12 in one run games....which is a bit surprising, because our bullpen is the strength of the team. I would argue it's 15-20% the bullpen's fault and 75-80% the offense and lack of clutch hitting in close games.

Looks like the "real" power hitting Konerko is back too, nice to see. Alexei Ramirez continue to lead the league in being an enigma...but still, at his age, with his contract, he's one of the best bargains on our team and in the top 10-12 MLB shortstops offensively, certainly since the first 6-8 weeks of the season. Nice to see Aaron Poreda come up big, too. We now know Ozzie thinks more highly of him than Jimmy Gobble, FWIW.

Edited by caulfield12