7/15 - Sox @ Minnesota

Heads22

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover Please No All-Star Break Hangover

Seriously though huge first game and HUGE series out of the gate. Danks needs to pitch like it's game 163...or last start...

As much as anyone, I think this series is an important one to win. I think we have a rare opportunity to perhaps put the Twins behind the 8 ball in the month of July, as if we take 3/4 or do the unthinkable and sweep 4 games we will be either 5.5 or 7.5 games up. Even a split looks pretty good, especially on the road.

However, two things:

1) I think there's a really good chance we lose 3/4 games in this series,

2) If we do, no one should panic.

Regardless of the Sox' anomalous recent swing of avoiding HR hitting during that 11 game streak, they are still a team that generally needs to hit home runs to win, and Target Field is one of the stingiest parks to do so. This could make all four games really close, and a late inning, two-out, RBI single is something that the Twins seems to specialize in against us, especially in the state of Minnesota.

By all means of course, the Sox could remain (inexplicably) white-hot, and god I hope they do. There may not be a professional sports team that I enjoy beating more than the Twins.

Bear in mind that the Sox have a schedule in late July through August that they can really fatten up on (lots of Sea, Oak, Bal), and as long as we TCB during that stretch, we will be in position to win 90 games. I think the Twins will have a really hard time going 45-30 down the stretch. Detroit's schedule is so brutal that I'd be surprised if they can manage 87 games unless they do extremely well head to head against us.

Edited by Greg Hibbard

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 02:04 PM)
If Jenks faces Thome in a late inning situation, do not throw low fastballs! I'm nervous for tonight's game. It's great feeling like the games really matter.

The worst thing that can happen if we lose today is a tie for first place.

I have no idea why Slowey is pitching today, he's been bad lately and he hasn't had the greatest year. Pavano's been their best starter as of late.

Comment that b****es about Ozzie's lineup

For reals: I marvel at why Ozzie puts back to back left handed hitters 6th and 7th, the Twins do have a nice LOOGY in Jose Mijares. This is just making it easy for Gardenhire.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 02:48 PM)
Pierre LF LEFTY

Vizquel 3B LEFTY

Rios CF RIGHTY

PK 1B RIGHTY

Quentin RF RIGHTY

Kotsay DH LEFTY

A.J. C LEFTY

Ramirez SS RIGHTY

Beckham 2B RIGHTY

Danks P

I thought Ozzie loved lefty righty lefty righty in the lineup?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 02:31 PM)
The worst thing that can happen if we lose today is a tie for first place.

I have no idea why Slowey is pitching today, he's been bad lately and he hasn't had the greatest year. Pavano's been their best starter as of late.

I get the impression they are trying to make a decision on Slowey one way or another, as soon as possible. The game preview on mlb.com hinted at it.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 03:12 PM)
I get the impression they are trying to make a decision on Slowey one way or another, as soon as possible. The game preview on mlb.com hinted at it.

After tonight's shellacking they will decide to go another route.