Mariners (Pauley 0-2, 2.18) @ White Sox (Garcia 9-4, 4.74)

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 12:51 PM)
For some reason, when i typed White Sox Sweep into google images this is the first image that came up.....

So let's get that sweep White Sox!???????

mullet.jpg

Isn't that Friday night?

Pierre LF

Vizquel 3B

Rios CF

Konerko DH

Quentin RF

Kotsay 1B

Ramirez SS

Castro C (Freddy's personal catcher)

Beckham 2B

Ozzie's really rolling out the rotating DH the past few days in an attempt to prove its worth and keep this team intact.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 01:27 PM)
Pierre -- LF

Vizquel -- 3B

Rios -- CF

PK -- DH

Quentin -- RF

Kotsay -- 1B

Ramirez -- SS

Castro -- C

Beckham -- 2B

Garcia -- P

Why not just keep Ramirez in the 2 hole? Brutal.

QUOTE (kane0730 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 02:31 PM)
Why not just keep Ramirez in the 2 hole? Brutal.

Bah on that one...it's not exactly like Vizquel's been a liability there. If we're going to have anyone give themselves up as an out I'd rather it be him than Lexi.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 01:29 PM)
He isn't really an OF anymore.

Is he a hitter anymore?

Why can't they play Dayan against a RH? Makes no sense to turn a kid into a platoon player at 21.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 02:49 PM)
Is he a hitter anymore?

Why can't they play Dayan against a RH? Makes no sense to turn a kid into a platoon player at 21.

I don't think the Sox think he isready for full time duty, whether it be because of Ks or defense or whatever, so they limiting his exposure. He was really the only viable option when they lost Teahen.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 02:52 PM)
I don't think the Sox think he isready for full time duty, whether it be because of Ks or defense or whatever, so they limiting his exposure. He was really the only viable option when they lost Teahen.

But if you never let the kid see a RH pitcher, his skills are just going to diminish against them.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 03:52 PM)

Well I don't think it'd be because of his Ks. I mean he makes contact. His K rate in the minors was only around 20% which isnt bad for someone with his power potential. And he only has 6 strikeouts in his first 56 at bats in the majors so I'm really not worried about that. I bet he'd be playing more if Vizquel wasn't actually doing well.