Freddy Garcia To Retire

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Feb 7, 2016 -> 11:40 AM)
MLB Trade Rumors ‏@mlbtraderumors 2h2 hours ago

Freddy Garcia To Retire http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/02/fred...-to-retire.html

One of my favorite White Sox players ever. I selfishly hope they do a bobblehead night or something. He was also involved in 2 of Kenny William's better trades.

Vintage Freddy Garcia was in 2008 against the White Sox in that extra make up game on a Monday when Alexei hit that grand slam.

Freddy had nothing to play for, coming off injury, just throwing junk, yet he battled his ass off until he had no more. That was Freddy. He had some "stuff" but just knew every trick in the book to get a batter out.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 7, 2016 -> 01:01 PM)
One of my favorite White Sox players ever. I selfishly hope they do a bobblehead night or something. He was also involved in 2 of Kenny William's better trades.

Exactly my thoughts as well, guy gave it all plus some when he took the mound. Enjoy retirement Freddy!

QUOTE (3GamesToLove @ Feb 8, 2016 -> 09:40 AM)
My favorite Freddy moment was in 2010. He was off to a great start and reporters were asking what he was throwing. His response? "A bunch of bulls***."

Wasn't it true that the reason he walked around the mount for 45 seconds after every pitch was because his arm was about to fall off and he was walking off the pain? What a badass.