Where now?

Princess Dye

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont get the whole thing where you're ready to shell out $6M with deferments for LH power...and then turn around later and say "no we didnt have a hole to fill." And they'll basically say that if they stand pat.

I actually dont want power. I want someone who is going to hit for a decent OBP. That to me is the scary part. We will hit them out of the park.

Sadly Damon would have fit both bills. Blaylock wont, but then again I'm convinced we'd just be getting a bench guy anyway if anything.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Feb 20, 2010 -> 06:26 PM)
I dont get the whole thing where you're ready to shell out $6M with deferments for LH power...and then turn around later and say "no we didnt have a hole to fill." And they'll basically say that if they stand pat.

I actually dont want power. I want someone who is going to hit for a decent OBP. That to me is the scary part. We will hit them out of the park.

Sadly Damon would have fit both bills. Blaylock wont, but then again I'm convinced we'd just be getting a bench guy anyway if anything.

Im with you there, i want someone for the 2 hole so we can move Beckham to the 3 spot.

QUOTE (hogan873 @ Feb 20, 2010 -> 05:32 PM)
I have no problem with this except for the $. If he agrees to be the primary DH, sign him for $2 or $3 million.

You don't think Dye is half as good as Damon?

Dye has much better power than Damon, and power is what he lack and need out of our DH. Damon's speed would have been nice, but I think $4M is fair for Dye.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Feb 20, 2010 -> 05:37 PM)
You don't think Dye is half as good as Damon?

Dye has much better power than Damon, and power is what he lack and need out of our DH. Damon's speed would have been nice, but I think $4M is fair for Dye.

I see your point, and I wouldn't start throwing things if it happened. Maybe it's the attitude that JD has been displaying for a while that makes me lower the dollar value.

But half of the Damon offer would be $3 million.

Edited by hogan873

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 20, 2010 -> 05:40 PM)
They should call Dye and/or Blalock. They will likely stand pat though, and be forced to give up whatever is left on the farm for a legitimate bat come July.

Which would be a shame when there are legitimate bats available right now.

QUOTE (hogan873 @ Feb 20, 2010 -> 06:41 PM)
Which would be a shame when there are legitimate bats available right now.

They could try and get one now, I think most would prefer that course of action. I just don't think it will happen, although they don't seem nearly as content with the rotating pile of crap at DH as they were a couple of months ago, which is a good sign.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (hogan873 @ Feb 20, 2010 -> 05:39 PM)
I see your point, and I wouldn't start throwing things if it happened. Maybe it's the attitude that JD has been displaying for a while that makes me lower the dollar value.

But half of the Damon offer would be $3 million.

I was doubling what you suggested Dye was worth ($2-3M) to equal what we offered Damon ($6M).

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Feb 20, 2010 -> 03:26 PM)

Damon cost Detroit $8M without the benefit of a bidding war with the Sox to escalate the price even further. If the Sox had played Boras' game, I imagine that Damon would've cost somewhere in the $9-10M range.

I have no idea where this is going. I'd like to say Blalock (who isn't all that great, but still better than Jones). But if KW passed on Thome and Branyan, it looks like the next move will be mid-season.

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Feb 20, 2010 -> 03:55 PM)
I bet the no trade clause is what made Damon go to Detroit and we know KW never would have given that. I'll take a shot with Blalock.

If Damon's only a one-year rental, I don't understand why a NTC would be a deal-breaker.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Feb 20, 2010 -> 06:26 PM)

They've already said as much. They said Damon 'would be icing on the cake' and they like the team they have now.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Feb 20, 2010 -> 06:01 PM)
If Damon's only a one-year rental, I don't understand why a NTC would be a deal-breaker.

Because if the Sox fell out of the race, you know we would shop a guy that had a one year rental, he might end up on the Rockies or Cardinals or something else and he wants to control his own destiny.