Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour

  2. Let's see who steps up today. I think Vargas breaks out. 2nd pick is Grich.
  3. I'm ok with that. Trade deadline acquisitions have not been kind.
  4. Yep Bonds and Bonilla back in the day both left for greener pastures. They traded almost all of their young pitchers early.... McCutcheon and Marte were the position players that stayed the longest...very good players but not HoF level, either.
  5. It's amazing that something like 25 years ago, they set the MLB record for consecutive sellouts and in fact retired the number "455". And this is a team that has made the playoffs 9 times now since 2013. But, as you said, other than Ramirez, as soon as a star player reaches free agency, they bolt for a big market team. The same it true for most other small market teams. I was in Pittsburgh a couple of months ago and was checking out the great Hall of Fame markers they have along the riverwalk just outside the stadium. It occurred to me when I was there that we've entered an era where there's hardly going to be any new HoFers from small market teams. Just about anyone on a HoF trajectory is going to end up at one of the top 12 or 15 franchises in their prime years. That's kind of sad....and it's bad for the game.
  6. Possibly but I think they just want to minimize walks. Just an incremental winning on the margins move perhaps.
  7. Glad I got em during the presale. Although at this rate I just might consider selling them for the craziness they are going for (fat chance but the thought has crossed my mind) . Also have ALCS tix to home game 1 and home game 3…I can only imagine how much they will go for if they make it that far
  8. Let's go with Amtrak as the sponsor for the new stadium. Name it the Amtrak Railyard. I'm sure Tray would love that.
  9. Today

  10. He looked like pre IL Brazoban again, where he had no real command of anything. You have to wonder if he tweaked something and got hurt again.
  11. There's a free option if you have a Android TV and use a TV browser I've been using all season and in the 1st round. Im used to it but it might seem complex or take some getting used to for a newbie. But Im old and I figured it out . I won't say what it is unless someone wants to message me. But for a must watch every game guy like me it was like manna from heaven.
  12. The classic know it all who likes to argue with himself. I'm sure he's a treat to live with.
  13. I had a similar experience recently on SeatGeek where I purchased tickets to an event, watched the prices go up, and then I did ultimately receive my tickets a few days before the event. That said, my seats were not available for sale on SeatGeek after I bought them. You should call their customer service number to inquire (as I did). If your credit card has been charged, you should be in good shape but the fact that the same seats are showing up on their website is not a good sign and deviates from the experience I just outlined. Good luck!
  14. I know he didnt have a great appearance last game, but I thought he had been pitching well overall since returning from the DL?
  15. Brazoban been a huge disappointment
  16. Sandlin too and if they can get Schultz to step up that will signicantly improve their chances against the Guardians.
  17. Game Day!!!! Let's continue this great Ride!! LETS FUCKING GO!!!
  18. I should’ve done that 😂 oh well lol
  19. I’d rather have Antonacci or Peters in there over Braden against a LHP, but Montgomery has also hit a bomb off Messick so what do I know. Either way, let’s fucking go!!!
  20. I see you're going with the " If I keep spelling "Hagan"wrong he will continue to pitch really good strategy." I like it ! 🙃😉
  21. It's for sure a different openers strategy than was employed during the season. Now its like opener and let's go with matchups the best we can. But sooner or later it'll be hard not to pitch guys that aren't great matchups. It's pretty unique to Venables style of managing and managing starting pitchers who have problems going past 5 innings and are somewhat gassed. It worked perfectly against the Astros but its harder to duplicate in a longer series. The more arms you throw out there the more likely you are to find one that implodes. For the Sox to win the series they're going to have to prevent Messick and Williams from dominating them and win the match ups battle. Cleveland has also used their running game pretty extensively against the White Sox. They will put much more pressure on the Sox defense. Sox may have to step up their running game . We may see Venable go back to bunting if runs are at a premium when approaching mid game.
  22. Stubhub showing 300 now. Man im super glad I got tickets before they won the wild card. Going to game 4 if it happens and did not have to pay out the nose.
  23. They don’t want to privately fund the ballpark because that would be very arrogant of them. Soaking the taxpayers for $600M to pay for a stadium shows that Royals ownership cares about the fans.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.