Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour

  2. The '77 South Side Hit Men was such a crazy great summer. I was 13, and it was the first time in my Sox-rooting life (2nd, really after 1972) that it felt like I was watching a real baseball team. I'm surprised every time I look it up to find they finished in 3rd place, 12 games out. The electricity of that summer always feels like they finished closer to the top, in retrospect. The final 3 games will be a blip. Hopefully, drowned out by greater successes.
  3. And as an increasingly one dimensional offense that wasn't good at advancing runners, driving in runners from third with less than two outs...situational hitting, changing one's approach to manufacture individual runs, etc. The Guardians Rays Brewers all have better leveraging of their overall team speed, defense, base running and fundamentals. This traditionally is much cheaper to buy in FA than power numbers. Most importantly, look at the draft day origins for those pitching staffs. Mostly home grown and cheaper/inexpensive. Or the Guardians stealing Cade Smith from MN, just as the Guards lost Caminero to TB because they already had Jose Ramirez. (yes WEddy, the Sox stole Tristan Peters from TB too) To summarize: Best scouting. Similar aggresive contact oriented styles of play minus young stars in Caminero/Chourio. Similar offensive approaches...Guards Ball/Small Ball/Piranhas 2014/15 Royals, call it whatever the hell you want. It should also be noted how good that Guards' pen would be now with E.Clase today.
  4. Yeah, when the dust settles I agree. The choke is just too fresh at the moment
  5. I think that after crawling from the wreckage of the 2024 season, it's pretty amazing to consider that two years later, we're looking at a young core with playoff experience that is only going to improve. I believe there's 5 solid positional starters (Teel, Meidroth, Vargas, Ant-man, Peters), and 3 guys who need anywhere from tinkering to an overhaul of their approach (Monty, Braden, Mune). We have a bevy of #4-5 starters. Maybe they trade from Monty, Braden, Quero to get someone who can throw 5 innings in a playoff game. Tremendously fun season, and the front office gives me confidence they'll address the shortcomings that were exposed in the last 3 games.
  6. I wish people would stop considering Shane Smith as an option. He was a flash in the pan for one season and I dont see him coming close to that again. I wouldnt be opposed to them resigning Newcomb as a starter. But yes they need to load up with sp options one way or another and learn from their opener/overuse mess. Im not sure they will.
  7. I think they'll be remembered as a very fun team in a growth year who ran out of gas at the end and pressed.
  8. If one is truly dispassionate about this: best 1-12 pitching staffs LAD NYY Milwaukee TB Cleveland San Diego Houston and Chicago
  9. https://finance.yahoo.com/real-estate/articles/chicago-dethrones-miami-americas-most-205110567.html&ved=2ahUKEwjssp29h7KXAxXDNzQIHUxZMSYQFnoECBoQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1gthGznxgASziushcoNO9Q
  10. I'm assuming the game plan is to put Schultz and Smith in the starting rotation in 2027.
  11. I thought when Colson led off the inning being hit by a pitch Doyle would bunt him over to second. Instead of bunting he struck out. If he would have bunted Sam would have drove him home with the single.
  12. What he said about TA had some ugly connotations. And I'll leave it at that.
  13. Its the kind of energy that trash like Jose Ramirez breeds on a baseball team he leads. That dude has the biggest ego I have seen for being on a team that is consistently shown that they just aren't that good in the playoffs. Can't wait to see his dumb ass "how did this happen" face after they get destroyed by TB.
  14. You know we led the AL in walks this year. Sorry these facts don't fit your narrative.
  15. I think the pressure got to them. They led the AL in walks this year. Fine with K's as long as it's supplemented by walks.
  16. White Sox won with class. They don't. They'll get swept by the Rays.
  17. Chicago set record for tourist spending in 2025, Choose Chicago tourism bureau says - CBS Chicago 56.8 million visitors in 2025. The world likes us, they really, really like us.
  18. https://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/s/2NbJfzpPGK Between this and the Spirit Halloween post, I hope the Guardians get thrashed. They're such losers at heart.
  19. Super bummed, pissed it was the Guardians and that f*** JRam, but still proud of this team doing the unexpected and pulling as all with them
  20. Everyone for the most part held up the truce, thank you to the entire board for making an effort with this. Hopefully next season we can have a similar truce for a similar reason, but until then everyone go ahead and start arguing to your lil hearts content
  21. Today

  22. I agree . I don't think that people are upset the went down to Cleveland it's more how they did and how they will be remembered now
  23. Right so my point is did ownership do enough to get over the hump. Answer is no
  24. Twas a very fun season that vastly exceeded my expectations in numerous ways. Had you told me in February that they'd be in contention for the division until they very last series of the season, make the playoffs, win a round, and be on the brink of the ALCS I would've taken it 100 times out of 100....with that being said, going out how they did (to Cleveland of all teams) was certainly a gut punch and their weaknesses got very exposed in those losses. But for a team that wasn't supposed to be here at all, I'll take it.
  25. Lol Jerry can play Drums in Shatners Metal band..... I heard Jerry got some mean blast beats lol
  26. A fair amount of winning seasons but short on playoff appearances. The aughts White Sox teams were always competitive, for the most part.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.