Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour

  2. Cleveland fans dont boo their team either. Astros fans have been spoiled, they deserve a long period of failure and disappointment
  3. Amazing how much better Stone is when he feels like putting in a little effort. He repeated himself a few times but for the most part he did a good job. Bloomer was a little weak early but grew into the game and it was nice having a 2005 flash back with him in the booth. Smith just seems like a guy that as the lights get brighter he dials in. Hard to quantify and it certainly helps to have the stuff he does, but he was dialed in. The few times he went to a 3 ball count he didn't give in and gave up a single or harmless ground ball rather than walk anybody.
  4. I gotta work through his one. Sucks. Be nice to win and get some primetime games next week. Go Sox!
  5. The difference being Cleveland fans NEVER go to games.
  6. They can throw Wesneski or Lambert on short rest if need be, but yeah that would be ideal for us too.
  7. I'm not saying they should.. just interesting context
  8. True. But I don't remember Guardians players calling out their fans for lack of support.
  9. Today

  10. The Guardians had 26-29k last year for their WC day games. I'm sure if the Yankees played at 1pm and it wasnt a big rivalry like the Red Sox they would have smaller numbers too, or not since New York has so many people.
  11. Astros players blast their own fans for booing, not showing up to playoff loss https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/7644992/2026/09/30/astros-loss-game-1-fans-frustration/ “The fans here are definitely spoiled with a lot of ALCS and World Series runs, and we have to earn that right to bring this team back to that position,” reliever Bennett Sousa said. “That being said, when this team was in their first (playoff) series 10 years ago, Minute Maid Park was probably packed. It makes a big difference. If we were in Chicago, it’d probably be loud as s—.” “I’m not going to lie to you, I was pretty pissed off in the dugout when I came in, about the boos,” Sousa said. “This team has laid a lot on the line to be in this position to give the fans a playoff game — a playoff series. We want their support.” It looks like the Braves only had 30k at their playoff game yesterday. The Yankees (who make the playoffs almost every year) had a packed house and so did the Padres (who have made the playoffs 5 times this decade).
  12. Yeah, patience and fouling pitches off is gonna be huge. Can't let Brown go more than 5, which is what he's been doing in most of his recent starts.
  13. One of the hidden benefits of last night is that if the Sox get to tonight's starter at all - and that includes just running high pitch counts for 4 innings - the Astros will have to be really creative with the front end of their bullpen. The Sox did very well against 4 of their 11 postseason pitchers last night and the Astros had to throw 8 guys total. I feel really good about the overall approach the Sox had at the plate. Sam really set the tone on being dialed on the zone and making sure he usually went deep into the count last night. We definitely want that to continue.
  14. I thought that Steve Stone sounded very good on the broadcast working with Tom McCarthy (Phillies announcer) - I really like the announcer pairings that I've heard in all of the series thus far.
  15. I can still give you a nice recap of every game of the 1959 World Series.
  16. Tonight we pop bottles!!!!!
  17. I want ron to start every game thread for the next four and a half weeks 😉
  18. I popped out of work to watch game 1 at Billy Goat on Illinois. The place grew quiet when Edgar Martinez hit his HR off of Foulke in the 10th inning. The Cub-fan bartender was ringing the bell behind the counter for it. Then Olerud went back to back. One guy yells out, "f***!! That's your name, Keith f***!!"
  19. Yeah those 3 are great. I’ve been to 16 of the current parks and my top 5 are Petco, PNC, Oracle, Wrigley (fight me) and Fenway. Honorable mention to Coors.
  20. I was 14 and cry played on my drumset after Edgar Martinez hit that home run off Foulke in game 1. I was so upset, my poor drums felt the wrath that night
  21. Astros fans don't feel good about Brown today, probably overreacting bc of last night, but they think the Sox will draw a lot of walks against him
  22. Can you imagine if he were the Sox shortstop now?
  23. I looked at the Astros playoff roster and it dawned on me that Okert wasnt on it. He is still hurt. Hader is the only one in that pen that is scary, everyone else is shaky. I am assuming they put Wesneski in at some point today as well, or Lambert.
  24. Reminscent of the Twins' post season streak vs Yankees 15 or 16 in a row Yes, Brown will be tough...
  25. How do the Yankees always end up with these ridiculously dominating pitchers when they draft so low every year.
  26. He stepped on home plate while bunting. He's a cheater, too.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.