All Activity
Past hour
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
Theres another bad tradition that needs to end
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
Completely unshockingly, the White Sox subreddit thinks the "Green Bay sucks" chants are awesome.
-
An ominous future...
https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-mlbpa-proposal-154-game-schedule-new-playoff-structure
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
Dont be, but thank you. Its all Will's fault
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
I don't think I could handle a tie game going into the 9th or extras. I'm hoping for a comfortable 4-5 run lead and a relatively stress-free 9th.
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
Your posts are taking are a dark turn. Worried about your well being.
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
Tied 2-2 heading into the bottom of the 9th, the guards put in Cade smith to pitch till his arm falls off. Very first pitch, Mune deposits it over the right field wall for a home run.
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
I mean a bunch of them haven't thrown a ton at least the past couple weeks. Minus Newcomb, Taylor, and Burke everyone else has gotten multiple days off or hasn't thrown a ton of innings this year (Hagan)
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
It was bound to happen having like 2 and a half starters. Win today, celebrate and get a few days off. Don't want this going back to Cleveland
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
Them wearing black had zero to do with the win or loss. Less than zero.
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
The fans are not happy. They left angry yesterday. I was at the last playoff game in 2021, that was a disaster.
-
“The 78” + "The Railyard" = the future of the Sox and Fire
Let’s face it, for various reasons the Sox have never been a huge draw at 35th and Shields though I’ve never had a problem with the location. The franchise is one of the few that has never drawn 3 million fans for a season though they came very close in 1991 and 2006. It’s time to look for greener pastures.
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
No tradition like this "works". It doesn't hit, pitch, or field. But its not about that. It's for the fans, and adding to the ambiance. It doesn't have a win/loss record.
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
How is it a flex. I'm just saying, if it doesn't work try something else.
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
93 yea sorry it’s been a while lol
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
'93? '92 was when they made that awful George Bell trade and finished 86-76.
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
They have been on fumes for months now.
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
So, I remember back when Sox got into the playoffs in 92 and did sort of a whiteout and everyone was swinging around white towels and Sox, and Ozzie in specific complained about it because it was hard to pick up the ball against the white moving background
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
It really is an odd flex. It's a unifying tradition meant to be fun. Assigning a statistical value to it is odd.
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
If we gave up on things because of our record, the Sox would have zero traditions left.
-
“The 78” + "The Railyard" = the future of the Sox and Fire
Soxtalk was about 85% for it, very unscientifically.
-
“The 78” + "The Railyard" = the future of the Sox and Fire
There's a lot of bizarre gatekeeping going on over the course of this thread. Who qualifies as a real Sox fan? Someone who is South Side enough? Does that mean only people who live south of Cermak? Who should be the owner of the Sox after Jerry is gone? Certainly not a billionaire who wants to invest heavily on this team because that makes him arrogant. Sure, people can honestly say that they like the current park and want the Sox to stay there (or at least at the site). But, from a business perspective, it shouldn't shock anyone that both Reinsdorf and Ishbia believe that the team has a higher ceiling and better ability to compete as a big market team at a South Loop ballpark. Just look at the economics around of teams around the league and why teams want stadium districts/downtown-adjacent ballparks instead of ballparks with acres of surface lots. It would be very interesting to see some sort of survey of what most Sox fans/Chicagoland residents think of the South Loop proposal if the stadium is privately financed. I bet most people are generally in favor of the idea. Perhaps a better question would be "Would you be more likely or less likely (or no difference) to attend Sox games if they built a stadium in the South Loop."
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
As fun as that would be, I dont think my heart can handle that.
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
I think it's pitcher-by-pitcher. I think there's reason to believe Hagen and Taylor might be...I don't see any reason to think Fedde is, though. Or Hicks. I really think so much hinges on how Hagen opens the game. If he looks like game 1 Hagen we'll be in good shape as I trust Fedde to come through as the bulk guy, and Hicks looked dynamite his last couple times out and has seen limited use.
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
I feel that the Sox have to score 3 or more runs in inning #1 to keep pace with the Guardians until inning #5 or 6 when the ultimate winner would take over.