All Activity
Past hour
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
The Cubs lost 101 in 2012 and drew 2.88M. The next year, they lost 96 games and drew 2.64M. They haven't drawn fewer than 2.64M people since 1997. The Rockies and Angels also draw well even when they're bad. On the other hand, since 1994, the only times the Sox have drawn more than 2.5M were 2006-2008.....and they needed a 163rd game to get just barely over 2.5M in '08. This fan base can't afford to engage in gatekeeping.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
Did I say he deserves to keep his job? That doesn't mean gloating.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
What about someone that was over promoted and will be just fine financially? John got a chance many better announcers never will and he blew it in various ways.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
I feel bad for him...but he was not good at his job and it was obvious to most. So I am happy it appears we may have a new PXP guy in our future.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
I would never gloat over someone losing their job.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
"Put out feelers about replacements..." Yeah buddy!
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
Front Office SportsWhite Sox Announcer John Schriffen’s Status With Team Unc...With his contract set to expire following the 2026 season, White Sox announce John Schriffen’s status with the team is uncertain.
-
“The 78” + "The Railyard" = the future of the Sox and Fire
Agree...however I do give props to George for hiring someone to do a job George wasn't going to do well...ended up creating a problem since he hired the wrong guy and now they are stuck in this mess!
-
“The 78” + "The Railyard" = the future of the Sox and Fire
Hasn't it been stated that Warren's involvement in the Vikings stadium is pretty exaggerated?
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
The Cubs would draw 3 million people if they had the Sox 2024. It's been almost 30 years since they drew UNDER 2.5 million.
-
“The 78” + "The Railyard" = the future of the Sox and Fire
I think they all didn't realize that this was the 90s when Billionaire Welfare was at its peak in Chicago, and they were just going to waltz in and get whatever they wanted.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
That's like 90% of fanbases tho. And probably 100% of baseball fanbases. What stadium is packed when their team sucks? I can't think of a single one. Cubs I guess but they haven't really sucked in awhile, be interesting to see what would happen if they had a 100 loss season.
-
“The 78” + "The Railyard" = the future of the Sox and Fire
George McCaskey is in over his head on a project like this. I think he knew this though and that's why he hired Warren to run the project since the Vikings stadium went so well. Turns out dealing with Illinois and Chicago government is a hell of a lot more difficult than Minnesota was who bent over backwards for the Vikings. Also turned out that Warren been an incompetent moron every step of the way.
-
And that's a playoff series winning White Sox winner!!!
A couple of posters need to jump in with a "Thanks" and "Love" reaction!
Today
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
Yep, you see a ton of folks with Sox caps all over the place here in Texas, a lot of them are in fact former Chicagoans like me... hopefully, especially with the younger ones, they not only like the Sox hat, but also the team.
-
ALDS Game 1: White Sox at Guardians. Saturday, 12:00 PM
Cleveland has kind of destroyed their fan base over the last 20 years. They know not to get too comfortable, because pretty much anyone who is good is getting dealt when they get expensive. The only exception was Ramirez who took a massive haircut to stay, for some dumb reason.
- 2026 Old Sock Drawer
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
I wasn't responding to your post though. And don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating to sucking most of the time haha. I just said that I prefer 1 title to a whole bunch of division titles and nothing to show for it.
-
ALDS Game 1: White Sox at Guardians. Saturday, 12:00 PM
I get it. The thing to me is how quickly the fan base jumped back in this year. There is usually a lag but attendance picked up with the team just being .500.
-
ALDS Game 1: White Sox at Guardians. Saturday, 12:00 PM
I think Murakami and Vargas are gonna be key to winning these games, so hopefully the coaching has figured out what their issues have been and addressed them. We probably won't see much of Antonacci, Braden, but Grichuk should be playing pretty much 90% of every game
- 2026 Old Sock Drawer
-
ALDS Game 1: White Sox at Guardians. Saturday, 12:00 PM
"If you can't keep it in the strike zone, keep it in your pants!"
-
ALDS Game 1: White Sox at Guardians. Saturday, 12:00 PM
Should I wear my celibate for Sean shirt to my date tomorrow night?
-
And that's a playoff series winning White Sox winner!!!
I think Doyle can be the dude who shows out in this next series. If he preforms, it will mark the turn where people realize he’s going to be a dude.
-
And that's a playoff series winning White Sox winner!!!
I had the same thought 😆