What move will the Sox make to bring up Gload?

Jabroni

What move will the Sox make to bring up Gload?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What move will the Sox make to bring up Gload?

• Frank will be put on the DL.
    • Ozuna will be designated for assignment.
    • Timo will be designated for assignment.
    • Willie will be optioned to Charlotte.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 07:41 PM)
Don't be shocked by a trade of some sort which sorts out these roster issues.

Jim, you know as well as anyone a trade won't be happening in the near future. Unless it's the big-timer, we won't be seeing any transactions.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 07:42 PM)
Would the trade involve Ozzie's personal fluffer Timo, Dingo, or Jizzcan?

An Oakland trade could include Viz. They need a cheap bullpen guy with Dotel gone. Maybe even a shot at Shingo, flyballs are outs at Oakland.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=cws

For future notice, Gload, Willie Harris and Timo Perez all have options  still remaining, although Perez is unlikely to move from the active roster. Utility player Pablo Ozuna is out of options, meaning he would have to clear waivers if designated for assignment when Gload returns.

gp023939.jpg

Guest JimH
Jim, you know as well as anyone a trade won't be happening in the near future.  Unless it's the big-timer, we won't be seeing any transactions.

Ian I'm thinking something of a small nature, call it a hunch, who knows.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 07:47 PM)
Ian I'm thinking something of a small nature, call it a hunch, who knows.

Crazier things have happened, perhaps you're right. Call me old fashion, but, unless a move drasticly alters/improves the make-up of a successful ballclub, leave it be (despite roster restraints).

QUOTE(ptatc @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 07:41 PM)
He will not be painfree. The key will be to see if he can deal with the pain and not compensate to the point of causing other problems. That's when they need to make a decision.

It's not like he'll be fielding 1B during the National League trip next week. Just sitting on the bench. This upcoming Cleveland series is very important. If Thomas doesn't believe his pain is worthy of a DL stinct, I'd hate to guess how his attitude will change.

One week off from batting/running in game situations--although I couldn't speculate if he'll work out with the team during this time--should help. Right?

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 11:49 AM)
Wouldn't it be awesome if we sent down Timo so he could hang out with Ben Davis there?   They could be the "Million Dollar Duo" and be worthless for Charlotte.

They can give hope to kids growing up;

"I wanna be a lazy bum who earns $1 million a year!!!"

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 07:49 PM)
It's not like he'll be fielding 1B during the National League trip next week. Just sitting on the bench. This upcoming Cleveland series is very important. If Thomas doesn't believe his pain is worthy of a DL stinct, I'd hate to guess how his attitude will change.

One week off from batting/running in game situations--although I couldn't speculate if he'll work out with the team during this time--should help. Right?

It will help the hip. Who knows about the foot.

What about just keeping Gload down in AAA? Not that I want it, but no one mentioned this yet.

I think most people want Gload up here as soon as possible so we never have to see Timo at 1st base or see him period. With Gload on the roster, we wouldn't need Timo to pinch-hit either.

So if Pablo is designated for assignment, and picked up by another club, who becomes our UTL infielder? Harris can't field 3B. Unless Uribe relieves Crede, Harris relieves Uribe on occasions. Which can be done, I suppose.

The point is, why the hell does Ozzie continue to believe Timo is worthy of a roster spot? I hope this doesn't relate to Timo's clubhouse connection to several Latin players. Although it probably does to some degree, because obviously his production doesn't justify his presense on this club.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 09:03 PM)
No, I voted Willie, too.  And I agree that he doesn't deserve it.

I don't want to see Willie go down either. He deserves to be up here. He's really getting a good eye at the plate. The average is right around where what is expected of him. And I haven't heard any stories about him complaining recently either. I think he's accepted his role.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 07:08 PM)
I don't want to see Willie go down either. He deserves to be up here. He's really getting a good eye at the plate. The average is right around where what is expected of him. And I haven't heard any stories about him complaining recently either. I think he's accepted his role.

Willie also supplies us with a lot more speed than Timo...hence he makes a much better pinch runner than Timo when Frank or Paulie get on base in the 8th inning and we're down by 1 run.

Speed and defense means Willie stays. I hope.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 08:48 PM)
Crazier things have happened, perhaps you're right.  Call me old fashion, but, unless a move drasticly alters/improves the make-up of a successful ballclub, leave it be (despite roster restraints).

Ian not to drag this out, but I think Willie Harris is a natural to go down. I really don't think Frank will agree to go down again. i do think he has input, Willie has an option and I suspect it will be him.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:19 PM)
Ian not to drag this out, but I think Willie Harris is a natural to go down. I really don't think Frank will agree to go down again. i do think he has input, Willie has an option and I suspect it will be him.

let me also say i would actually rather have willie than Perez. I just think that Ozzie loves perez and he is not in love with Willie. Its all about the love.

Pablo is our only non-starter backup for 3rd, SS and he can play OF. He is fast, plays hard, is your typical grinder.

He can provide a good speed option for either pinch runner or lead off guy when Pods is out of the lineup.

Willie provides backup to gooch and insurance. He has speed, is left handed and can pinch run play SS and the OF.

Then we have Timo

Timo struggles at the plate, has limited range, is slow, doesnt make contact. And for every clutch hit he costs you in a few other games by either balls he doesnt get to, or by plays in the field or the K when you need a basehit.

Naturally if this was a pure baseball decision, they send Timo down. He has options left I believe.

But then you have the Ozzie love factor. He thinks this turd is good, for whatever reason. Whether that is due to his job in fluffing for Ozzie or maybe he gets him that first cup of coffee.

If Ozzie risks Ozuna by designating him for assignment, or sends willie down then I question Ozzie's will to win. For all of the "If you dont play the game the right way, you will sit no matter who you are." Is playing the right way swinging for the fence when you pinch hit in the late innings, Is playing the right way using only one hand to catch the ball, running slow routes based on bad jumps. If this is what you need to do to make Ozzie's good list then we are doomed.

Ozzie needs to break up with his girlfriend, give her a kiss and send her on her way. Thanks Timo and here is your fruitbasket. Maybe the Reds are looking for someone.

Im going along with what was said earlier on this thread i think that KW is got a trade in the work to open up a rosterspot it may not be the chavez trade but it would be something!

Edited by ScottPodRulez22

Timo has more strikeouts than hits right now. He has the most ABs out of all the non-starters(61). He has a .246 OBP. Willie has a .373 OBP and Pablo has a .349 OBP.

So let me get this straight. Timo doesnt get on base, he doesnt hit, he Ks more than he does hit, he doesnt walk. What does he do again.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:47 PM)
Timo has more strikeouts than hits right now.  He has the most ABs out of all the non-starters(61).   He has a .246 OBP.  Willie has a .373 OBP and Pablo has a .349 OBP.

So let me get this straight.  Timo doesnt get on base, he doesnt hit, he Ks more than he does hit, he doesnt walk.  What does he do again.

And if you look at there roster they have way to many outfielders timo would be the best choice to sent down.

Edited by ScottPodRulez22

Don't see it being Timo. It shouldn't be Ozuna, but it probably will be. Then again, Ozzie may find no need for Gload with Timo playing 1st.

How could it be Ozuna? If Ozuna is sent packing, we would have no backup 3rd baseman or true backup SS (I don't consider Willie a good backup SS).

Edited by Jabroni