Sox @ Houston - World Series Game 3

Heads22

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 06:26 AM)
Lets go for the throat.  Tuesday is in essence the season for the Astros.  I hope the guys come out like starving sharks in game 3.  And what's with all this Oswalt talk anyway?  Yeah,  I know he's good.  But Garland ain't chopped liver,  either.  He didn't win 18 games,  make the all-star team,  and throw a 4 hit,  complete game against a very good Angels team on the road by accident. :gosox2:

I agree that if anyone can win Game 3, it's Jon Garland, especially since I'm sure he'll be pretty loose. That said, Oswalt is the best pitcher we'll face the entire postseason. Hopefully, it's only once.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is Jon G's hitting capabilities? If anything hopefully Uribe can get on so Jon can bunt him over.

Anyways if Jon can match his performance in the ALCS I like our chances. Oswalt does scare me, but if we work the counts we can eventually get to him. LETS DO THIS! 2 more wins!!! I LIVE FOR THIS! C'Mon Jon G!!!

:gosox1:

Going into this game, Jon has to be the most underrated player on the planet. The focus is on Oswalt but Garland has really been just as good as Oswalt this season.

And this isn't coming from the usual talking heads. I've already seen people here suggesting a trade of Garland in the offseason because he's likely to have 4.50+ ERA next year. :headshake

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 11:07 PM)
With that miracle off the bat of Podsednik, we can afford to take the loss against Oswalt the Unhittable.

But, with that miracle off the bat of Podsednik, who knows what will happen. Everything is possible now.

Wow, that was almost optimistic. There wasn't even a flat out loss prediction in there anywhere... Maybe I should be scared :unsure:

Going into this game, Jon has to be the most underrated player on the planet. The focus is on Oswalt but Garland has really been just as good as Oswalt this season.

Garland: 3.50 ERA, 115K, 26 longballs

Oswalt: 2.94 ERA, 184K, 18 longballs

This doesn't tell the full story, however. Even as his stats are better than Garland's, his stuff is much better, and, of course, he has the Astros home factor behind it.

The Astros are the favorites for Game 3, and if you don't see that, step back from the kool-aid. However, Podsednik recently hit a walkoff to CF off Brad Lidge. So, all bets are off. But I don't think we'll see two deviations from reality so close together.

This doesn't tell the full story, however. Even as his stats are better than Garland's, his stuff is much better, and, of course, he has the Astros home factor behind it.

The Astros are the favorites for Game 3, and if you don't see that, step back from the kool-aid. However, Podsednik recently hit a walkoff to CF off Brad Lidge. So, all bets are off. But I don't think we'll see two deviations from reality so close together.

The Astros aren't the favorites for game 3 you moron

QUOTE(BMac41 @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 09:37 AM)
The Astros aren't the favorites for game 3 you moron

ez fella!

HOU -180

CWS +150

& to think AZ didnt want to deal RJ for PK & JG because they werent getting enough in the deal.....KW's got real lucky on that one! ROAR!

dont forget to gargle saltwater & take several therazinclozenges for your throats.

Roy Oswalt has won 20 games the last 2 seasons. It's not that hard to do that when your team is scoring 1000 runs a year like Boston. But the Astros are a team winning with Pitching, and Oswalt has been their best.

Jon...you've given me the idea this year that you seem to like a challenge. Roy Oswalt is the biggest challenge you will face this season.

Shred those bastards.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox2: :gosox1:

I can't even begin to put last night's live expierence into words.

It was the most mind-blowing, electric sporting event I have ever witnessed bar none.

Nearly 24 hours later and the mere thought of last night brings a tear to my eye.

So. Damn. Proud/Happy.

Edited by AddisonStSox

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 11:04 AM)

This doesn't tell the full story, however.

You're right. Garland pitches in the AL, in a more hitter friendly ballpark, has a lower WHIP, and a better winning percentage on the year.

Oswalt's stuff is as the same as John Lackey's. Remember how the media was trumpeting how much trouble the Sox will have to hit his "94 mph" stuff???

Also, I don't buy into ESPN's Baseball Tonight's garbage that the Sox can't hit the fastball. What the heck have they been watching all year long?

Garland will have to do another Game 3 performance just like he did in Anaheim. And Roy Oswalt will have to have a so-so game in order for the Sox to win. The stadium will be rocking and rolling, so it will be fun to see what happens in the next two games.

According to you, the White Sox haven't been favored in even one game this entire postseason. :lol:

QUOTE(OilCan @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 05:38 PM)
Oswalt's stuff is as the same as John Lackey's.  Remember how the media was trumpeting how much trouble the Sox will have to hit his "94 mph" stuff??? 

Also, I don't buy into ESPN's Baseball Tonight's garbage that the Sox can't hit the fastball.  What the heck have they been watching all year long?

Garland will have to do another Game 3 performance just like he did in Anaheim.  And Roy Oswalt will have to have a so-so game in order for the Sox to win.  The stadium will be rocking and rolling, so it will be fun to see what happens in the next two games.

I loved Harold Reynolds on SC last night showing clips of the 2 Angels home runs by Konerko on breaking balls and saying how at the time they were yelling that they should throw Konerko a fastball...and then showing the clip of him seeing the fastball last night.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 04:04 PM)

You spend more time looking up this s*** then supporting the team. *sniff, sniff* what's that smell?

:headshake

Edited by kapkomet