Everything posted by SoCalChiSox
-
Blake Snell and Yu Darvish traded to San Diego
That seems a little light to me. TB should have been able to pull Gore.
-
Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
This. JR will fold when someone offers a 4th year. Then our FO will have to make two quick signings to distract so Hahn doesn't look like a moron when he gets called to the mat for his "dont judge the Eaton signing in isolation" comment.
-
Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
Yes, although now one of the foodies just said Colome isn't coming back regardless as the Sox are predicting regression. If they aren't going to shell out what it takes on Hendriks (and its increasingly feeling that way), they might as well pivot to Brantley and then add another closer later. Actually, I wouldn't mind if Bummer took over that role and maybe Heuer/Crochet could pitch the 8th.
-
Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
I find it hard to believe we are going to outbid the Mets, especially since Cohen will not forget JR trying to block his ownership. This is gonna be personal and if 4 years are required he will offer it just to screw us. Then we will quickly resign Colome and trot KW or RH out there to say "we felt more comfortable with Alex anyway" I'd also expect another signing as well to soften the blow....maybe Brantley?
-
Joe Musgrove Thread
I think 6 years of 3 WAR from Madrigal is not realistic unless he is both a GG caliber defender and like a .360 OBP guy. A 2 WAR guy sure but 3, much less 3 for 6 years in row is pushing it. I dont want to move him either (unless its for like Snell) but I don't see him as a superstar either.
-
Joe Musgrove Thread
JR almost certainly would object. I think I saw Musgrove would be eligible for arbitration in 2022....so if PIT wanted both Stiever and Rutherford, PIT would also need to send a little cash back, too.
-
Joe Musgrove Thread
And Cherington wants prospects not MLB players anyway. Stiever should be the headliner and throw in a few lower pieces but none of Kelley, Crochet, Dalquist or Thompson (or Kopech, obviously). I'm hesitant to throw in Rutherford as it sounds like he made some real strides power wise according to something I read.
-
Tommy La Stella Emoji of a Target Discussion
If they signed him, wouldn't it suggest they'd be moving Madrigal for another cost controlled SP?
-
Badler: Sox expected to sign Yoelki Cespedes
If its within 30 days we prolly can do the exchange, so long as RH still has the receipt. No Seriously, they are going to get wrecked in the playoffs by righty killers if they don't address this issue.
-
Badler: Sox expected to sign Yoelki Cespedes
Another right handed hitter....
-
Will you forgive JR/Hahn
Ok.... Wait a minute, i thought you just said "all major trades were decided jointly"? Hypocrisy much? You're likely a JR hired disinfo specialist probably sent here from NBCSN Chicago. Nice try, tho.
-
Will you forgive JR/Hahn
RH did a great job in the rebuild acquiring top end young talent and extending them to team friendly long term deals. It just sucks JR isnt gonna let him spend sufficiently to supplement the core appropriately.
-
Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
I dont think he will last too long after that forearm strain, regardless of the spin they were pushing about it after the fact, so I'll take whatever role they want to use him in. If he can hack the starter role this quick, more power to him, but does he have a third quality pitch?
-
Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
I think the Sox need to get whatever they can out of him now before the inevitable TJS.
-
Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
Now one of the foodies is backing off in his confidence....."50/50" and "they hate bidding wars"....lol. Once again unable to play with the big boys.
-
Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
Anything new on the Hendriks situation?
-
Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
Who thinks Cohen will instruct Alderson to do whatever it takes financially to win the bidding just to pay JR back for trying to block him from owning the Mets? (Raises hand)
-
Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
The latter seems much more likely.
-
Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
Yep. This seems like the most realistic outcome. Thanks, JR
-
Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
But from what the foodies have suggested, we could get him now at 3/39 and the Sox are around 3/33. Better to get it wrapped up at 3/39 than to wait till January and have JR unwilling to match say the Dodgers at 3/45 or getting into 4 year deals.
-
Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
So if that's the case why is Hendriks still unsigned? I think we have learned from Machado that things don't get better with time if you try to wait them out. Also, as teams with larger budgets lose out on other players they will eventually turn to this guy too and we will get priced out. If they are saying we need to go cheap in RF to get our closer then get the closer.
-
Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
Was this like today? If so does that mean he just wants to get a deal done with Chicago?
-
Tony LaRussa to plead guilty to lesser charge
It would appear that the "I'm a Hall of Fame Baseball Person" affirmative defense is well settled in Arizona caselaw.
-
Tony LaRussa to plead guilty to lesser charge
Perhaps if the owner wasn't taking a blowtorch to all the hard work his FO did to create this exciting young team by trying to instead live in the past while at same time failing to act in good faith in terms of making necessary investments to win a title, then people wouldn't be "bent out of shape."
-
Hypothetical question re: Eaton
It would be hard to argue with 2.3 fwar for just 7 million dollars. I see his 107 wRC+ which is just OK but what was it vs RHP? Does anyone know? On the other hand, if Joc returns to his former self with like 30 bombs and like .350 OBP for just 3-4m more.....then even an OK Eaton year might still leave some of us less than thrilled. It also depends on whether they close the deal with Hendriks and how he performs too. So I'd have to look at all three to see how well or poorly the decision was.