Everything posted by SoCalChiSox
-
Bullpen Moves
Yeah if people are going to offer pitching in return and play that game then forget it. I need 2 Top 100 bats for Taylor, at least one a savage.
-
Bullpen Moves
Yeah but it's well settled that the Sox generally suck at player development. So if the FO believes they can't make him a TOR SP (and others believe they can as evidenced by the demand) then you still should move him if you are getting a haul of good position players (2 Top 100) because 1) getting good position players is rare these days and 2) even if he becomes a great SP elsewhere its unlikely he would have become one here.
-
2025 MiLB Catch All thread
Congrats to Braden. It will likely be a challenging couple months in Birmingham but that will help his growth. I assume Bonemer will be moving up to High A soon.
-
Tauchman Rumors
Agreed. Assuming theyre still not in the spending phase yet, they will need a very cheap yet reliable RF for 2026 as a bridge to Braden and they are unlikely to find a better/more cost effective solution than Tauchman. If HOU offers something like Sullivan I would do it, but I'm not doing it for some 20-30 ranked scrub.
-
Luis Robert trade thread: La Pantera stays.
I know Bowden is kind of a clown but these are interesting comments he has made based on what he has heard, as it's very relevant to some of the very names we discussed. This is from his column today on "Who says No?" evaluating readers proposed trades: . Mets: 3B Eugenio Suárez Diamondbacks: 3B Mark Vientos, OF Drew Gilbert and RHP Blade Tidwell — No name given The Mets say no freaking way. The Mets are not trading Vientos straight-up for a two-month rental of Suárez. That being said, I think I would consider Gilbert and Tidwell for Suárez. 10. Mets get: CF Luis Robert Jr. White Sox get: RHP Nate Dohm and SS Marco Vargas — No name given The White Sox say no. In Robert talks, the Sox have been asking interested teams for two of their top 10 prospects, but they haven’t gotten any takers. However, they have been offered a top 10 prospect plus an add on from multiple teams. I think first base/outfield prospect Ryan Clifford and outfield prospect Nick Morabito, ranked No. 7 and 15, respectively in the Mets’ system by MLB Pipeline, would be closer to what the White Sox are seeking to get to “yes.” 11. Mets pick up Robert and cash for infielder A.J. Ewing? — Mike R. The White Sox say no. I think the White Sox initially say no and ask for a second player in the deal, but maybe a 20-30th-ranked prospect. With Ewing as the centerpiece, I do think there’s a good chance this deal could get done. For more, see https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/6518481/2025/07/28/mlb-trade-deadline-scenarios-teams-targets/ Thoughts: - Id do Clifford and Morabito. You get a legit LH power bat and a potential viable OFer as well. -Obviously I'm great with Ewing plus something else. -I'm glad NYM won't trade Vientos for a rental cause I don't want him anyway. It stands to reason if he wouldn't be moved for Suarez, then he wouldn't be moved for Robert. If you are gonna accept a bat only primary piece, take a LH. - I'm glad we are asking for two Top tens. I'm also not shocked we haven't gotten it YET. Bowden mirrors what fathom said, namely current offers are top 10 plus add on. Hopefully by Thursday we can shake loose a second top ten, possibly with some sweetener.
-
Luis Robert trade thread: La Pantera stays.
I'm not asking for a big asset. A prospect somewhere close to 10th best plus or minus a few spots in a system isn't a huge asset. Same thing with PHI. I would take Nori as a headliner...thats an interesting prospect and good fit for us. The guys I've been talking about aren't being picky. We all know we aren't getting any of NYM top 5-6 prospects and we know we aren't getting any of PHI top 3.
-
Luis Robert trade thread: La Pantera stays.
We need a CF or left handed power for our park. Vientos provides neither.
-
Luis Robert trade thread: La Pantera stays.
We need CF prospects that have a reasonable chance to stick there, are very close to MLB ready that also have some value at the plate and are gettable for Robert. Fortunately, the Mets have one to trade but we're dicking around with Andrew Vaughn types again.
-
Luis Robert trade thread: La Pantera stays.
4 years of a RH DH/1B is garbage. A RH DH/1B even one with some power is a low value commodity and can be easily bought on the market cheaply. We already got one last year with Vargas. Wasn't Getz criticism of the prior FO that they acquired too many corner bat only types with no defensive or athletic floor? Hypocrite. A right handed bat only player that is struggling to even hit is more or less tantamount to a disabled person. NO
-
Tauchman Rumors
Sullivan looks very interesting. I wouldn't be shocked if they keep Tauchman as a cheap and productive strongside of the RF platoon next year since it may not be until late 2026 or early 2027 before Braden gets here.
-
Luis Robert trade thread: La Pantera stays.
To be fair....the gettable Padres position prospects are all garbage, which is all the more reason why it makes little sense that Mike Elias...I mean ....MLBExecBurner says we line up sneaky good with them. We actually match up awfully poorly with them.
-
Luis Robert trade thread: La Pantera stays.
Terrible proposal by mlbexecburner... See new posts Conversation MLBExecutiveBurner @HotStoveintel Hypothetical Trade... Padres Receive: OF Luis Robert Jr (Salary Paid to Minimum) SP Adrian Houser OF Mike Tauchman C Korey Lee White Sox Receive LHP Boston Bateman RHP Tyson Neighbors White Sox line up sneaky well with Padres 3:24 PM · Jul 26, 2025 · 88.9K Views
-
Luis Robert trade thread: La Pantera stays.
I'd rather have Gilbert. And if the Mets are trading for Robert they would have no reason to hang onto him since he would be blocked. No to Vientos. Hell no
-
Luis Robert trade thread: La Pantera stays.
Hopefully the Mets refuse to part with Vientos now and we can dodge that bullet.
-
7/27 GT - Cubs at Sox (1:10pm CDT)
Beni! Its a shame it isn't tied
-
7/27 GT - Cubs at Sox (1:10pm CDT)
Great catch Colson!
-
7/27 GT - Cubs at Sox (1:10pm CDT)
This. Hopefully trade doesn't go thru.
-
Luis Robert trade thread: La Pantera stays.
And that's fine..... but if you are going to get a flawed 1 tool power bat from NYM instead of someone who can probably play CF and be semi competent at the plate like Gilbert...then at least get a LH power bat. Once again we're basically all RH except for CM and KT. I dont see Quero as a true switch hitter. Get a third savage. I thought we learned the lesson that putting all our eggs in the basket of RH 1B is a bad idea from Vaughn. Apparently not. Cause if they can't totally mash, you've got nothing there at all. There's no floor. Stop being a dick, Getz.
-
Luis Robert trade thread: La Pantera stays.
Vargas is a butcher at 3B.
-
Luis Robert trade thread: La Pantera stays.
Just say no to RH 1B/DH as main pieces. Gilbert would be much better.
-
Luis Robert trade thread: La Pantera stays.
If they are getting Vientos there better be a good second piece too like Gilbert or Ewing.
-
Luis Robert trade thread: La Pantera stays.
If that's the case I hope we don't trade with the NYM. We already have a RH 1B in Vargas. And Getz is supposed to hate this profile...WTF. We need someone with LH power besides Colson. Forget about Vientos.
-
7/26 Games
Braden 1-4 with a triple
-
Luis Robert trade thread: La Pantera stays.
Yeah that's how I see it too, cause yesterday Venable said he was available. IMO among realistic targets, NYM would be a better fit than PHI. Just get me Gilbert plus a 12-18 prospect like fathom said earlier.
-
Colson Montgomery has arrived
1 WAR in only 17 games played...wow!