Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Mo Vaughn
He's out for the season because if he comes back on the field the Mets would get screwed and insurance wouldn't pick up the tab on his contract. Vaughn wants to play, the Mets flat out won't let him.
-
Mariners get Juan Gonzalez!!
I like Ramon Santiago.
-
Great NFL Draft Site
The Bills were interested in Fassel because they want an offensive coach that will get it through Drew's head that he needs to change his mechanics so he has a much quicker release. They say that Bledsoe's mechanics are all out of whack and whoever they hire will likely be an offensive mind (Although I now hear Jauron is the front runner...man, just think what Shoop could do with Drew...LMAO). If I were the Bills, I'd give up on Drew.
-
should baggio be required....
Where you going to school and what are ya studying?
-
Baggio! this IS White Sox news
Baggs is one of the original posters. Came here from soxfanatic (I think that was the site) which was owned and ran by BJ Spataro (also a poster here). When that site closed, the people there came to SoxNet's message board, which eventually became soxtalk.com Either way, like I said yesterday...its great to have ya back
-
Any economists or currency traders?
Exactly, the economy has so much do to with consumer confidence and businesses being confident there is a market for their products, etc. As long as they believe everything is peachy, all things will continue at a steady rate, in a sense. Its definately not that simple and I'm not an econ major. As far as the war though, lets remember, while it is fake, it is putting money back into the economy and getting things rolling again, just like it did during WW2. And as far as the deficit goes, while it is incredibly high, it still is relatively low in comparison to how much business the US does in a year. Basically a lot of the issues people hear about the deficit are really not true. Its defiantely blown way out of proportion. It is definately something that needs to be addressed, but its also not as big of an issue as people make it out to be all the time. The problem with the government as a whole is they are so damn inneficient. Take NASA for example, they finally did a pretty cool thing with the Mars landing. They made it where you can view the pictures in 3d if you pick up some sort of 3d glasses. Whose to say NASA can't go one step beyond that and start selling their product in a sense. Start things they can market for people, that can raise money for NASA, so that less money comes from the Tax Payers, etc. Not every government entity has the ability to do that, but NASA, if marketed right could do some really cool things that would make it a little less of a tax burden or an expense, although it is still such a small portion of government costs. But if the government really started running things with a business mentality: balanced budget, work on efficiency. This is incredibly hard with all the damn beauracracies, but it would make such a difference. A few things alone could lower government cost drastically, allowing people to pay lower taxes or to simply put the money and slowly kill the deficit or create new programs or clean up the education system, etc. Its nearly impossible to do this, because Republicans and Democrats would never see eye to eye enough to get something like this done.
-
is soxnet coming back???
Ya, SoxNet is gone, but if anyone is interested in starting up there own White Sox site, Soxtalk would be more then happy to help support it by letting you post stories and that type of stuff.
-
Alomar Article
I'm convinced were screwed. If Alomar seriously rededicates himself, he will have another two or three very productive seasons.
-
KW Still Stinging
Its really hard to believe that the Sox would of done that. If that was there plan then s***, I think we'd all be singing different tunes today.
-
More shopping to do
There are still quite a few guys out there. Think about it, Vladdy is still out there and he's possibly the best player when FA began and he's still there. But no, the Sox aren't going to sign him. Rafael may be gone, but I don't see Konerko getting dealt, I just don't think they will get anything for him.
-
Iowa State vs Missouri
I need to say bad things about Iowa more often
-
Two more pitchers available
Holy crap...your back Baggs Hope all has been well...its great to have you back Unfortunately the Sox are still doing things the same.
-
AT&T wireless blows
I got that camera phone from Verizon and its sweet. I've taken quit ea bit of advantage of the picture ability at the last couple of parties I hit up
-
Should the draft be reinstated?
I didn't realize that the apocalypse was upon us and that they need my services. If it were the case, I'd join. By the way, were you in the military? NO one is going to tell me that just cause I'm 20 I need to join the army. If there was a time where it was necessary, your damn right I'd do my part, but right now isn't the time. Heck, if we had this huge drafted army right now, its just give the US more reason to invade a ton of other countries.
-
AT&T wireless blows
Verizon owns in my area. Switched to it a little over a month ago and I've only had one dropped call, its freaking beautiful.
-
Sox with a potential good bullpen
The possibility is there, but a lot of ifs. Really this whole team has the possibility, well if they add another starter, but still, a lot of ifs.
-
Iowa State vs Missouri
Don't worry, Iowa basketball blows, well Hawkeyes at least. Alford is a freaking joke. I thought he'd do good things, but he plain stinks.
-
Two more pitchers available
Villafuerte wouldn't be a bad pickup, especially if the Sox could get him to a minor league deal.
-
Should the draft be reinstated?
I should add, if there was a WWII type war, I wouldn't run, in that instance the draft would be necessary and I'd do my part and fight. But for the reasons of making young people politically better or more motivated or whatever else weak reason there is, I say hell no. I'm damn motivated and I personally don't want to spend a year in the military or civil service or anything else just to prove that. The 7 to 8 years its going to take me to graduate college and get my JD/MBA will be plenty long and having to add another year on top of that, screw that.
-
WillieStoke in Love
Whatever you do, don't come to California, cause it has to be home to some of the snottiest people of all time.
-
Should the draft be reinstated?
The last thing I want is the government in control of my life. Some people want to do some things, others want to do something different. The government shouldn't have the power to control our lives. If a draft is needed because of a major major war/threat, then so be it, but to make young people more politically aware, thats freaking BS. I for one don't want to be forced to go to war or have to join the military because some other 20 year old doesn't vote. I have voted in every election and have always kept up with politics, if someone was to tell me that to be politically involved I have to join the army, I'd give them a big :fyou
-
Should the draft be reinstated?
No. This is a free country and people don't need to be forced into the military. That should be someones right to chose.
-
Orlando Carbrera
Considering what Aurilla got and Cabrerra got, I think Jose's deal is looking fair. I think they could of got him a little cheaper, but I really don't know how much.
-
Jay Williams Gone and Dupree is in
I think Skiles is starting to like Erob. I see Erob developing into a pretty solid player.
-
WillieStoke in Love
I'll say this much, if your down because of this, don't be, if she was the girl you describe, she definately wouldn't want you to be upset. If she effected you to make your life better, than thats awesome, but it shouldn't depress you, no matter how much it really does suck.