Everything posted by Chisoxfn
- JAS and or Heads
-
Interesting
I got TexSox point in the thread. I wasn't calling Tex out in one bit when I locked the thread. Tex is a good poster. Geeze, too many people take this stuff way too serious. If you don't like another poster, who cares, don't talk to that poster and ignore what they say. Going out and saying how much you dislike them don't mean jack cause its a MESSAGE BOARD, cause no one cares. If a poster only posts crap, they would be banned. None of these parties are going to be banned...they are all good posters in their own right. It takes a hell of a lot to get banned here, I don't like it. Everyone is free to post their mind almost always. I felt the post got its point across and was just turning into a horrible post...5 or 6 pages of people just copying and pasting was irrelevant, imo. In hindsight I probably should of just ignored it and let it be, but I just thought it was pointless...the first post, by Tex...made the point, after 5 pages I was like geeze, does it really need to keep going. And don't forget, since i have more posts then everyone...it makes me the king
-
Wilson Alvarez
If Barcelo panned out...wowzers is all we'd be saying. But you could say that about some other guys that flamed out. It sucks the arm injuries, but every system goes through a rash of them at certain points in time. Lately it has been the Cubs. By Willie I think he meant Billie, but I could be wrong. Oh wait...reread, he meant Wilson Alvarez..I never in the least bit ever thought he through that hard, but I wasn't near as knowledgable about baseball then.
-
Interesting
It was a waste of bandwith and I closed it because of that. I do agree that there are some other posts out there that are pointless and rarely do I do this.
-
WEEK 16 PICKS
CHEATA
-
Dodger Pitching Prospects
Only problem with that is the Red Sox don't want prospects, they want a left fielder to replace Manny's production which is why they want Magglio. I think when it comes down to it hte Sox will make a deal with the Dodgers and get one of the prospects and Mota and probably Perez, its just going to take time.
-
Wilson Alvarez
Lol, not with the Sox. I should correct myself, Barcelo when healthy was pretty damn amazing.
-
Don't Get Too Excited About Carlos Lee
Cause Maggs would still be around.
-
Dodger Pitching Prospects
The question is what options will save him his job and with McCourt, a Boston guy, buying the team, Nomar may be exactly who he wants. I don't know, but the Dodgers want a player they can market, cause if htey don't act fast they soon enough will be playing second fiddle to Anaheim. Thats something I never thought I would say.
-
Looks Like the Sox will Go with a young Bullpen
Don't forget Grilli. I got a feeling they will add another starter and at least another arm or two on top of that, although they may be cheap signings.
-
Don't Get Too Excited About Carlos Lee
Geeze, Lee for Perez and Jackson/Miller where do the Sox sign. They keep Magglio, whose superior to Lee and add their pitching prospect, who could also be the 5th starter and add a starting pitcher. Thats my favorite deal out there. Plus, were all going to be b****ing about Lee in a year or two when he continues to put up similar numbers to this year and last and doesn't get better. Ya the numbers were solid, but not 8 mill a year solid.
-
WEEK 16 PICKS
Buccaneers Chiefs Patriots Bengals Cowboys Titans Ravens Saints Bears Panthers Bills Chargers Seahawks Eagles Broncos Packers
-
Dodger Pitching Prospects
Well I know another lefty who had one break out year (Although it wasn't his first) and thats Corwin Malone. I think the thing I notice about Miller is how much he dominated when going up to AA. Its odd to see two guys this far along at their age. I mean one is about 6 months younger then me and another 1 year younger and I can't imagine them already being in AA, then again Lebron James is 2 years younger then me and is busting it up in the NBA. All I know is either of these guys would instantly become the Sox top prospect.
-
Wilson Alvarez
His velocity isn't there anymore (Not that he ever really had any) but his curve ball is pretty nasty. Its a big slow curve and as long as his arm doesn't fall off, its a good enough of a pitch for him to be pretty good, even if he only has an 85-86 MPH fastball. I don't think he will duplicate last years numbers and as a matter of fact I don't think a lot of the Dodger pitchers will do what they did last year. On a sidenote, Cali and I saw his Dodger debut against the Sox in LA. I just remember going s*** that guy looks familiar and we were like damn.
-
Dodger Pitching Prospects
In my opinion they are the two best pitching prospects in baseball. Both are very far along considering their age and Edwin Jackson could realistically be the 5th starter and beyond that he has the stuff to be a #1 in the majors. He isn't overhyped like a lot of Sox prospects were. I do think Rupe was one of the best the Sox had and at this point Rupe isn't at the level Miller/Jackson are at. Rupe could develop into a #1 prospect, but it will be interesting to see how he handles AA. Miller is rated by most ahead of Jackson. He's a big lefty thats adding weight and as cerb has mentioned will likely add another few mph to his fastball. He has already added some and as he continues to fill out it should be a little more. I can't comment on Miller as much as I can Jackson, since I've seen Jackson pitch a few games and the ball just jumps out of Jackson's arm. I haven't seen that kind of jump out of any pitcher in the southside.
- Happy Birthday Ugly!
-
Holocast-In cross configuration with Night
Excellent post. Cubsuck has been one of the most mature posters on the board. I could care less if he is in high school, because he doesn't act his age. He never gets into arguments with people, never attacks someone just out of the blue and he used one wrong word. I understand some people are more sensitive about the word then others, but words do get changed around for different uses in society. They sometimes have multiple meanings.
-
White Sox Finally Make a Signing
For those that can't read LA Times. . I got a feeling Santiago will sign, that seems like a very fair deal and I'd have nothing against having him as the 6th or 7th guy in the pen as long as he is healthy. Him, Grilli, now Wunsch, some very solid back end pieces. My hope is that the Sox plan on them being back end pieces.
-
White Sox also re-sign Wunsch
Excellent re-signing. Wunsch is very good when healthy, especially against lefties. The big question is, can he stay healthy all year. Either way, Sox have done a good job with two of their guys. I'm guessing we will here something on Scho shortly.
-
According to ESPN 1000 AM Bruce Levine:
Sounds like good news. 7.5 mill is rather fair considering the numbers he put up, but I think when the final terms come out it will be more like 6.5 mill...just a hunch. Its great that Lee will be staying around though.
-
Orlando Hernandez
If were talking minor league signing, then I think him, just like I think Shawn Estes, would be nice low key minor league signings.
-
The Ex-ESPNers taking over Soxtalk
When I switched servers, there were so many graphic files that I only transferred over the smilies and that type of stuff. If you want I can dig through and find your stuff off the server (Would take some time) or you can just re-attach them, which would be much easier
-
Nomar 7 thread deleted
I think he just banned the two troll names. I'll PM him today and tell him to post under one user name.
-
Jackson scouting report
Outstanding post I completely agree with you. I don't think me or you are saying they will come in and dominate out of the gate, but they have the potential to do so and they should be more then capable of holding up with a 4.5 or lower ERA in a full season when they are ready. You can make a case for Jackson being ready now and if he's inserted in as the 5th starter I wouldn't have a problem. Miller is more raw and I think a full year in the minors would be of better benefit to him. Either way these guys are absolute studs, as you mention and are comparable to the best prospects out there over the past few years and right now in my opinion are the best right handed and left handed pitching prospects in the game. And whose to say they don't come in and pitch great like Brandon Webb and Dontrell Willis did this past year.
-
A's trade?
If thats what it would take...sign me up cause Zito would be a stellar acquisition and I could give a damn who the Sox gave up to get him. In seriousness, I'd stay away from Oakland unless they were willing to deal Crosby to the Sox.