Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 07:23 PM) If the Sox decline the option and he hits the open market, you'd have to think he'd possibly get more money than that if he finishes strong. No matter what, teams are going to be incredibly cautious. He's had injury problem and his body type is not indicative of someone whose going to have a long, healthy career in baseball.
  2. QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 05:54 PM) SLaP would have been funnier. But nonetheless IT was originally SLAP. When the political talk moved, the acronym changed.
  3. QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 07:20 PM) Why would he do that though and make less in 2 years than he could in one? How do you know that? The option isn't something the Sox have to pick up. Thats like saying why would Peavy sign for less then his option amount. If the market is less and I think with Youk he wants to play somewhere that he is comfortable (and he's fit in nicely) and most teams are going to be leary about going long-term/big money with him since there are injury concerns (Based upon the past couple years). 13M/yr is more then he'd get on the open market. At most I think he'd get 9-10M.
  4. I think Youk is back, but it isn't like they have to pick up his option. I think they'll sign him to a 1yr deal with an option for a 2nd year at somewhere like 6-8M per.
  5. Youuuuuk!!!!! Danksy!!!! Beautiful insurance run. Now lets get another one. Come on Dunn...time for your hr. Your due.
  6. QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 07:05 PM) Yeah, for some reason, if it was the major surgery that Prior and Santana had, I feel like there's no way they think he'd be ready by spring training. I get the feeling they did a minor clean-up while in there. And it wasn't more then that. THey also probably strengthened the shoulder as PT pointed out.
  7. I was just typing in a post talking about what a piece of crap Becks is offensively and he does that. Slayer!!!
  8. QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 07:04 PM) Regardless of the outcome, you have to be thrilled that he seemed healthy tonight. 8 innings, 2 runs. I feel so confident with Sale. NEver in a million years did I think he'd develop into a "pitcher" as quick as he did. I sure hope he has a healthy career. If he does, he has a shot to be the best Sox pitcher ever. I've seen very few guys look the way he does on the mound. He is also incredibly efficient. Mendoza still cruising. Worse part, he's been very efficient so he can probably go 9. Which means we don't get to face the Royals pen. Slayer!!!
  9. QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 07:03 PM) Caesar is the guy greg put on block. I mean greg blocking someone... HE GAWN! BIG BOY SALE!
  10. Gassss...He Gawn!!!! Great job Sale. I still don't get it. We just gave him 9 days off.
  11. I realize the pitch count isn't bad, but we are watching Sale's innings too. He should never really be going past 7 innings at this point. Note: I'm not faulting or blaming Ventura for the double. Rather, Sox need to be protecting Sale.
  12. QUOTE (Caesar @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 06:52 PM) Ok. Were you a cheerleader in high school? I sure was. Listen, either take my warning, or take some time off. I can't make the warning clearer (and it isn't this post, rather your collective work of posts that I'm talking about). My job is to moderate this place, and your posts in today's game thread have been a detriment. Feel free to complain, but the way you've acted in this thread, its been ridiculous.
  13. Damn, Abreu was due for an error.
  14. QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 06:50 PM) This curve is just f***ing with AJ right now. He's looked great tonight. Really mixing in pitches, changing the eye-level, really good command. Great outing. Sox have to keep battling and somehow fight this one out.
  15. QUOTE (Caesar @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 06:48 PM) Not overreacting. Even Hawk has said it. Brat? Really? You call me a brat? Haa haaaaaaaaaaaaa I don't give a rats ass what Hawk said. Hawk doesn't whine in every game thread. You have done nothing but whine, whine, whine. This isn't whiniest.com, its Soxtalk.com. And I'm still waiting on a quality post or two in this thread out of you.
  16. QUOTE (Caesar @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 06:44 PM) Yeah he was. The Royals suck and there is no reason we should struggle against them. Thats my point. He wants to say "consider myself warned" so be it. Im stating facts, and that is all. 3-3. 6 total games and they took 2 out of 3 the last time they played. You are busy overreacting. Whatever happened in the past couple years is the past couple years. This is a different team. You are just being an overreacting brat in this thread.
  17. Paulie Walnuts!!! That got out in a hurry. I thought Gordon was going to catch that.
  18. I think everyone is just reacting on little information. I don't think this was anything but a minor surgery. However, it concerns me that he has struggled and had so many issues with something minor, that normally would have been fine. Either way, I'll wait until Ptact educates us on whats going on. Ptact...yeeesssss!
  19. Out of curiosity, for those of you griping. Sale went 7 innings, showed great stuff, and gave up 2 runs (on two well deserved homers). Mendoza has looked pretty darn good too. Shutup, relax, and enjoy the performance (this has been a well played game thus far, regardless of the score).
  20. QUOTE (Caesar @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 06:39 PM) Im not just talking about tonight. This s*** has been going on too long. This team sucks. Flat out sucks WTF. They have been playing great baseball the past 2 weeks and scoring 6 runs per game over the past 6 weeks.
  21. QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 05:30 PM) His name is Rios and he dances on the paths.... He turned it on. Great double by AJ to knock him in.
  22. I was thoroughly fascinated watching everything last night.
  23. Chisoxfn replied to dasox24's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 4, 2012 -> 11:41 PM) Got the central regional director position! Awesome; Congrats!!!
  24. QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 3, 2012 -> 02:24 AM) I've been meaning to start a similar thread here for a while, just because I have 2 weeks of vacation to use before thanksgiving when it really picks up at work. Has anyone done the all-inclusive resort type of deal? Stay away from Mexico? I'm personally looking for beach/resort type of deal with plenty of nightlife for socializing with females Suggestions? I'm 25+ so probably too old for Cancun.. Miami? Vegas just seems way too expensive. Feel free to post your best vacation spots whether it's a family weekend getaway, or Hangover style vacation in Bangkok. Let's see if this thread picks up. Why not Costa Rica or the Domincan Republic?
  25. QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2012 -> 08:56 PM) So when do we hear about the outcome of the protest? What protest?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.