Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. Fullerton took 3 of 4 this week. Not sure if it will be enough to move in and earn a national seed or not. They are right on the cusp.
  2. RIP Limatime.
  3. Just 5 days till I get married. Have my vietnamese ceremony today
  4. QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ May 21, 2010 -> 07:34 AM) It's me. Sweet...way to represent!!!
  5. QUOTE (DirtySox @ May 21, 2010 -> 06:40 AM) http://www.minorleagueball.com/ http://www.minorleagueball.com/2010/5/14/1...-draft-scouting http://www.minorleagueball.com/2010/5/14/1...icago-white-sox That makes me think it is either Tony or Dan. Not sure which.
  6. Pretty sad that despite the above, we continue and continue to lose. This team is just the exact opposite as the 2005 Sox as they can't capitalize on any of there opportunities.
  7. QUOTE (DirtySox @ May 20, 2010 -> 09:07 PM) So which one of you is heading the Sickels MOD? I assume it's someone that posts here, but under a different name. ??
  8. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 20, 2010 -> 06:27 AM) Delino DeShields Jr. That is an interesting name. His dad sure could fly, that is for sure. Part of one of the greatest trades of all time. Delino Deshields for Pedro Martinez. I'll never forget how Lasorda though Pedro was too small to ever be a major leaguer.
  9. Put this snippet in there because the Sox obviously like this tool a lot. Brown is slated to go as high as the end of the 1st round and as low as the 2nd round (unlikely he falls to the Sox, if he did, I'd be all over him in rd 2). Deshields isn't a 1st round talent, but he's a 2nd to 3rd round talent that will get picked higher because of his bloodlines. Bratsen is committed to Texas A&M and is an AFLAC All American. Bratsen appears to be a strong commit and he has somethings to work on and people wonder if he'll get drafted high enough to where he'd sign. Has really plus leadoff tools and defensive tools though and could turn into a real nice pick.
  10. Recent snippet on a guy a few people on here are high on, Stetson Allie. He's been plessed with a heck of a right arm and it sounds like he's making progress with his command. Decent chance he is available when the Sox draft, but he is the complete opposite of guys the Sox have targeted typically in the 1st round of the draft.
  11. One guy to look at in the top 6 or so rounds is Matt Suschak. He's a righty out of Toledo who I think will interest the Sox. Power right arm, FB clocked into the mid 90's.
  12. Chisoxfn replied to Chi Town Sox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 20, 2010 -> 05:44 AM) I checked prices for flights today, and I don't know if it's the same in the US, but the 3rd of June was the last day before they went up before the peak summer season ($1200AUS for one - way on Singapore Airlines being the cheapest). I bought all my stuff a while back, but prices are quite a bit more than when I booked a few months ago.
  13. QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 19, 2010 -> 12:09 PM) Stick to hockey. If the Lakers pulled that off (again) I might be done with the NBA (unless we get LeBron, then I'll jump right back in it ). Their plan from what I've heard is they will stick Arenas at SG, no questions asked. (dude still has a big contract afterall) If Kirk Hinrich's 6'3 ass was playing SG with us and we got to the playoffs, I'm sure they will be fine with Arenas playing SG for them with a talent like Wall. Hinrich can guard 2's though. Hence him being a 2nd team all defensive player a couple years back and a runner up this past year.
  14. Auston Wilson, Karsten, Ranaudo. At least one of those 3 would be there if the mock went that way.
  15. Chisoxfn replied to flavum's topic in FutureSox Board
    QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ May 19, 2010 -> 09:32 PM) DASH WIN 4-3 in 20 innings! CHASE BLACKWOOD WITH A WALKOFF SINGLE!!!!!!!!!!!
  16. Chisoxfn replied to flavum's topic in FutureSox Board
    QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 19, 2010 -> 06:58 PM) I know what you meant. I don't believe Jordan Danks was the hold up in any proposed deal with the Padres. Like I said the other day, I just hope word of his supposed stellar defense has gotten out around the league. He's making adjustments to his swing, much like Flowers, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that he is struggling. I'll be more interested to see his splits throughout the season and see if he gets a better feel and starts raking again.
  17. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 19, 2010 -> 06:51 PM) Strasburg's line tonight: 6 1/3 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 9 K, GB/FB 7/2. June 8th. He's good, real good.
  18. Chisoxfn replied to flavum's topic in FutureSox Board
    QUOTE (soxbsbllvr @ May 19, 2010 -> 11:16 AM) BTW I have heard (actually read on Milb last week) that they are tweaking Hudson's mechanics a bit, like they did with Peavy, which would account for the slightly inconsistent outings. He still had 8 K's last night so I see no cause for worry. As a whole the starters are settling in some what; bullpen is in shambles (Whisler did have a good outing last night). Interesting. Good info. Thanks
  19. Chisoxfn replied to Chi Town Sox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 19, 2010 -> 09:35 PM) I'm going to be moving to London from the 3rd of June it seems, will be staying out near Mile End and Tower Hamlets in the East End of London for a couple of weeks before I get my own place there. It's pretty close to where they are building the new Olympic Stadium for the 2012 games I think. Well if all my flights go as planned, I'll be in London on the 5th of June.
  20. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 19, 2010 -> 06:46 AM) I have and let me tell you, it's Incred awesome. Check out the specs of the Sprint EVO if you're in the market for a new phone. It'll be the best phone on the market when it becomes available on 06/04. That looks sick. I love my Sprint but its nice to see them finally deliver a premium phone.
  21. Chisoxfn replied to retro1983hat's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 19, 2010 -> 07:13 AM) Jacob is dead. Things probably changed. Ben also doesn't care about Jacob anymore and appears to be, at least in some way, shape or form, completely over any rules.
  22. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 19, 2010 -> 06:03 AM) Not a damn thing. John Wall is going to be D-rose the sequel. The Lakers have nothing that would entice me. Exactly. You don't trade Wall unless you are getting a top 10 guy or a guy you believe will be a top 10 player. Wall has that kind of potential.
  23. Mayo said that a lot of the scouts he's talked to peg Wimmers (a name the Sox are likely to heavily consider) as the first guy in the draft to reach the majors.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.