Chisoxfn
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: WILDCARD: 9/30 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT
Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Winter/Spring 2009-10 TV thread
I think the problem is there just hasn't been a solid string of new office episodes.
-
AGon discussion, et. al.
I wouldn't give up Quentin. Him, Gonzalez, and Beckman could be a great long-term 3-4-5.
-
Winter/Spring 2009-10 TV thread
Flashforward is really good. I'm excited for the Pacific.
-
Finding jeans that fit right
QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 02:02 PM) Speaking of Banana work pants, you can get coupons to get them at 40% off on every Wednesday of this month. Lol, I just got that coupon and am probably gonna buy a pair or two of pants to take advantage of that. Them and Expresses pants just fit so damn well. And I think that it is important to dress well at your job.
-
Finding jeans that fit right
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 10:48 AM) I dont think that Express is metro at all. I wear their formal shirts for work almost everyday and im fairly sure that business casual or wearing a suit to work isnt metrosexual. I wear a ton of work shirts from express. They are very good non-wrinkle shirts that fit me very nice. Express and Banana also have fantastic work pants.
-
Slow pitch softball bats
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 01:32 PM) Bats actually can make a huge difference. My team was using some cheap old bats, then my buddy and I went out and got a real nice one and the ball went a lot farther. You can add 50 feet based upon a good live bat vs and 20 buck bat. Its ridiculous how much of a difference it makes. We play in a single-wall league, but holy crap I've played in a few games in my buddies double-wall league. I was cranking HR's all day and I didn't know what the hell was going on.
-
Slow pitch softball bats
QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 12:05 PM) Thanks for that. I need to buy a new one this spring myself. I assume certain softball bats are meant for certain types of hitters, yes? I never got that detailed before in my shopping, I just found ones that felt good swinging, and were good brands in the right price range. All I can say is the expensive bats make a world of difference. Our team busted our nice bat and we had to go to one of those 20 buck bats, holy crap did we stop hitting it. Our ball was just dying. Check out the reviews, but nothing beats the DeMarini. Its expensive but not overly expensive. And if your a team you can have all of the guys pitch in 10 bucks a piece per season as a bat fee.
-
Slow pitch softball bats
QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 11:38 AM) I'm looking to purchase a new slow pitch softball bat, and looking for some suggestions. I last bought a DeMarini 7 plus years ago (or so) which worked out pretty well and definitely gave a little more "pop" than your regular $70 Worth bat. I know pricing has gotten pretty ridiculous, with some exceeding $300. Now, i'm not looking for anything as crazy as that, but more for something to use in a recreational league that doesn't get too intense. I'd like to spend under $200, and preferably lower if possible. Which do you use in your softball league? Which sites are good to find discounted bats, or even "last years models", etc? Or any good sites to find slightly used bats for sale? Depends on the league. DeMarini is freaking money if you are in leagues that are single-wall. The DeMarini White Steel or whatever it is called. Best bat by far. Although don't play with it in the cold cause the bat will crack (as will most of the expensive softball bats) in cold weather.
-
Official 2010-11 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 08:34 AM) Per nbcchicago.com, Peggy Kusinski says that Greg Olsen has quitely put Drew Rosenhaus into "trade request mode" becuase he is not happy about Martz. This could suck I actually think I'm a-ok with moving Olsen. I like Dez Clark, I like Kellen Davis and I think the Bears will be okay and the value we could get by having a 2nd rounder could be huge, imo. I realize Olsen is solid but he won't be elite and given our oline problems I think it would be huge to have a TE that can block a bit. I feel that a good 2nd rounder would be fair value and a good deal.
-
How do you feel about the Designated Hitter?
Get rid of hit. I might not like watching pitchers hit, but having them in the lineups makes things far more interesting from a strategic stand-point and its the way baseball should be played.
-
Relationship Advice Thread
QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 26, 2010 -> 04:39 AM) If my daughter's fiance (long time off thankfully) gave her a $20k ring I would know he is an irresponsible idiot who would let the two of them spend themselves into the poor house. Unless, his poor house was an ocean front estate with a yardhouse selection of beers on tap and a submarine for your use!
-
Official 2010-11 NFL Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 07:45 AM) Because we all know the Bears will pay two guys $15 million a year, or more... Kapman would be Plan B. Bears are going to go hard after Peppers and if they can't get him, they'll go for Kapman. Its a great plan, but plenty of other teams will go for Peppers too.
-
Films Thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 12:51 PM) Well, at least someone can agree with me there. As did the people I watched it with and from the boos at the end, so did the majority of the theater.
-
Films Thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 07:18 AM) Saw Shutter Island last night. Thought Kingsly was amazing and DiCaprio was good, but the movie was too long and very predictable. Personally I thought the movie stunk
-
2010 College Baseball Thread
Titans fall to 0-2. Safe to say they'll be falling in the polls. Shut-out yesterday by Pepperdine. 1st time they've lost there 1st two games at home since 1987.
-
Catch All Anything Thread
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 10:12 AM) Haven't gotten that, I'll be applying for it in 2 weeks. I should have been a bit clearer...I just filled out and have all of the necessities for my passport into the Dept of State, and I had it expedited so I could get it here ASAP as the person leading our group wants us to be able to apply for our visas right around March 1st. So I imagine that's going to be another $120 and a 4-6 week wait. So long as I get it, I'll be happy. What are you heading over there for? Business or just to tour? Business, gonna be looking into the operations of our Shanghai and Hong Kong branch. But I do plan to spend the weekend admiring the city and that sort of stuff.
-
Catch All Anything Thread
QUOTE (AssHatSoxFan @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 06:13 AM) I was in China a month ago for work. What parts will you be in? Shanghai and Hong Kong.
-
2010 College Baseball Thread
My #4 Titans were upset by Oregon and there former coach Horton.
-
WGN Radio @ 9:30 AM Central Time on Saturday
Hopefully I did alright. Felt like it took me about a segment to get used to how it works. Much more difficult when you are via the phone compared to everyone else being in studio. And if you guys can't tell, I really want Damon....like bad.
-
WGN Radio @ 9:30 AM Central Time on Saturday
Dude, there were times where I'm on the phone going, thinking, shut-up lady, and these guys aren't 1000...lets talk baseball here. Anyway, hopefully you all enjoyed it. Still pretty fun experience. Definitely the largest radio station I've evern been on and the 1st time I've ever been just piped in live.
-
WGN Radio @ 9:30 AM Central Time on Saturday
I'd like to speak and I wish I were in studio to shut her up and tell her what is really going on. I don't care about the Cubs/Sox, I want to talk baseball here, haha. Albeit, I'm absolutely exhausted right now.
-
WGN Radio @ 9:30 AM Central Time on Saturday
tell me about it
-
WGN Radio @ 9:30 AM Central Time on Saturday
I'll be doing a preview of the Sox at 9:30 tomorrow morning on WGN Radio!!!!
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
Just for what it is worth, this isn't officially dead until Damon signs or Sox pitchers and catchers report.
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
It will be officially dead once camp opens up. I don't blame Kenny one bit, Boras was dragging s*** along in typical Boras fashion.