Chisoxfn
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: WILDCARD: 9/30 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT
Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
I hope Kenny has a secret plan and that he thinks this will kind of force Damon's hand.
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 10:29 AM) Agreed. Ha, Rock got dissed, when he's been pretty much right on rumors/signings for like 2 years. Hilarious. Anyone got an update yet? Didn't read the "whole" thread per say.... Doc? Rock? Jas? To sum up whats been said. A bit of talk, but really not too much new except the Sox still seem to be optimistic which is a good sign. Still a complete waiting game though.
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
Beautiful...now lets sign Damon!!!
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 09:32 AM) one poster. You didn't need to lecture the whole board. End of discussion. Lets all get back on topic here...ie, Johnny Damon. If not, I'll throw out suspensions from here on out.
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 09:30 AM) What's offensive? That, or the comment about his source being Santa Claus? Or both? Because (again) in both situations I wasn't attacking Rock personally, I was saying his source isn't worth anything. I will stick by any of our loyal posters with information. You have a problem with the sources of a guy that has been great at sharing info with all of us when he hasn't and I'll freaking always defend those guys. I see how ripped to shreds the Chicago Media figures get when they report a rumor and it doesn't come true. You know why, because it is a rumor, talks are going on, it isn't that, oh the deal is done, etc. Plus, as someone that has talked and has contacts as well, I can tell you sometimes a source knows something, sometimes they don't, sometimes what they might hear could already be dead, you have no idea, but when you get the info, its nice to pass it along cause it actually gives you a better eye into what the Sox are looking at. You going off on Rock doesn't make it easy for people with quality info and a proven track-record to go out and talk. We do an excellent job here of vouching rumors when they come out and if they start to look bogus they go. Rock has been posting stuff from his contact for a long long time and a lot of that stuff has been spot on (doesn't mean always a deal goes down as Rock says, but later it comes out that the Sox did consider, XYZ, etc).
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
QUOTE (quickman @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 08:59 AM) Ok, you may know better as you follow the board closer than I do. That said, his source may not be at liberty to say anything and this silence is consistant with the media shutting down on this topic as well. I only suspect that he has two offers and is taking the weekend to decide which one to take. It appears each is different in structure and there are many moving parts including his agent, family, Union and his personal feelings. This is not unlike any other job in life when one has mulitple opportunities that will involve moving, money and lifestyle. A couple of days to think does not reflect negatively on either side of the ledger right now. Quick...read my post on the silence that is going on right now. The Sox have had discussions and an offer is out their. The ball is in Damon's court and it doesn't sound like the Sox are going to increase anything. However, the Sox are more optimistic than they were a week ago.
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 08:26 AM) I wasn't making fun of you, I was just saying your sources don't exist. My apologies for sounding offensive. That is offensive.
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 08:13 AM) You dont have to believe my sources. Not a big deal. No need to try and make fun of me though. I'll echo Rock's sentiments Kenny. Rock has legitimate info and its great that he's willing to share what he hears.
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 07:38 PM) IMO, its not happening. I mentioned when I heard they first talked about him early in the offseason, and I heard about some action this week. All I hear now is silence, and that cant be good. Everything is in Damon's corner right now. Sox aren't going to do anything more so he's just gotta decide.
-
Greatest little league moment...
QUOTE (Tex @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 06:23 AM) Traveling team, league championship game, one out, bases loaded, me a .275 hitter. I was too slow to move out of the way of an inside pitch and got plunked. Umpire rules I moved into the pitch (I did), does not award me the base. I didn't even know that was a rule. Two pitches later I crush one that drops in just over the shortstop's head. Lol, I love your description in that last sentence!!
-
Greatest little league moment...
QUOTE (JPN366 @ Feb 17, 2010 -> 03:45 PM) Post your stories about your greatest little league baseball moment or moments. I once threw a no hitter and my team was one game away from making it out of the Southern California regional and onto the state regional to potentially move onto the little league world series (I won our semi-final game, but we got whooped in the finals). At the time, I was one hell of a f***ing pitcher. Unfortunately, my velocity didn't continue to grow and in high school I hurt my arm from all the years I pitched playing competitively all year long (travel teams, all stars, etc).
-
Catch All Anything Thread
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 12:35 PM) Finally got my US Passport information in today, with intentions of going to China from May 12th-24th. So f***ing excited. If you were there a month earlier we'd bump into each other. Did you get your visa too?
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
Plus, its Kenny f***ing Williams people, the guy is the most active trader on the market every year, so if a big fish is there, you know damn well he'll see what he can do.
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 03:01 PM) It is cause the asking price is too high, or the Padres just are looking for every excuse not to trade him yet? Reports out of Boston are that he's not available. I think its a bit of both. Everyone is available for the right price, but the Sox aren't interested in offering up what the Pads want. But obviously that is just my speculation based upon the stuff I've heard and read.
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 03:00 PM) Don't be messin with my emotions Smokey....getting me excited about AGon.... I'm not saying it will happen. Right now it appears San Diego is pretty content on keeping him unless they get a real strong offer. But if he is available the Sox are gonna make a push and have made plenty of attempts during the off-season already.
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 02:51 PM) I wish people would give up on getting Adrian Gonzalez. It's obvious that when he's available, Boston will be the heavy favorite to get him. They have better prospects at nearly every position, as well as the payroll to give him the extension a team will want to give him before trading for him. If you've heard what I've heard, you'd know that it would be foolish to give up on Adrian. The Sox have tried on multiple occasions and as of now the asking price is too high in their minds. That could change though, you never know.
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
Damn it, you got me super excited.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 11:42 AM) He's basically a cheaper Larry Hughes. Except when Hughes wanted to he was at least long and athletic and could pick the passing lanes like nobodies business (of course as a whole, Hughes sucked ass defensively, cause he's usually pretty lazy).
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
Wow, I didn't realize how bad of a shooter Flip Murray really is.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 11:33 AM) You being out in CA, i'm sure you've got a better gauge on things than I do. But I just don't see how he overtakes Kobe. Kobe tends to be a polarizing figure out here who isn't as well liked as the national media might think. There are still tons of people that think the Lakers are a better team without him (which is f***ing ridiculous).
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 11:32 AM) As far as the Bulls go, I'm satisfied with them moving Tyrus & Salmons. I'm a Hinrich fan so I'm glad they're not moving him. If they could somehow move Deng this afternoon that would be brilliant. If we don't get a draft pick out of the Tyrus Thomas deal, than we made a f***ing awful trade because Al Harrington >>>> Acie Law/Flip for the remainder of this season.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 11:31 AM) I just don't see Lebron going to LA, he'd be the #2 guy to Kobe there. He may get more spotlight, but not as much as he'd get in another big market. I actually think Lebron would instantly be the big guy in LA.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 11:30 AM) Ugh.. my least favorite player on the Bulls for quite some time, and now I have to continue to watch his ass dribble out the shot clock, horrid court awareness for a PG, turnover prone, takes horrid shots on fastbreaks ass, etc.. another 3 months (possibly longer) again.. ridiculous. He's a pretty valuable player. Does so many things well. He's a huge reason the team is where it is right now (contending). He's just a bit over-paid.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 11:25 AM) Why would LeBron want to go to NY with the crap they have. He is in the exact same situation, it would be a lateral move, and with Bosh it would be slightly better but they arent going to have tons of money to spend on other FAs because they are gonna be giving out two max contracts. Im not saying it wont happen, but if a player looks at both situations, the Bulls are a much better situation to step in and win tons of games and probably championships. The Knicks might eventually be there, but I think the Bulls stand a much better chance of competing for a title immediately. A friend and I have a theory that Lebron might shock the world and go to LA for the Clippers. He'd put them on a map and they'd instantly be a title contender. Plus I think he'd love the spotlight that he'd get there. LA > New York
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 11:24 AM) How do you see us signing both of them though? The Bulls might have to move Deng, but they still might be able to find a creative way to do a sign and trade. Basically get one of them inked and than work out a sign and trade for the other. It can be done, just not quite as easy.