Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 10:13 AM) Best running back in the league, best rush defense in the league, premium pass rusher. Ya, they are a very good football team that had absolute s*** at QB. They now have a pretty damn solid QB who knows how to win.
  2. QUOTE (DBAHO @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 09:14 AM) I actually think the Vikings would have had a better chance to win the Superbowl with Sage behind center than Favre. I dunno, I guess if I were those 2, having a guy come in, who wasn't good at all last season, getting that type of money when he's not 100% and he doesn't even have to go through a training camp, it's not really a fair sort of situation. And how is the Vikings locker room going to welcome Favre I wonder. And how does that affect Brad Childress' authority as a head coach going forward? Lot of questions to be answered that's for sure. And you my friend are nuts. Favre is going to be huge. And you wonder how the locker room will welcome Favre, the Viking team leaders and the Vikings have been going after Favre non-stop. It never stopped according to Mort and Glazer (per the radio interviews I heard).
  3. QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 08:50 AM) With every passing moment, Favre is destroying his legacy in the National Football League. Why. He was a good QB through the first 8 games of last season and two years ago was one of the top 4 QB's in the league when he led a Packer squad to 13 regular season victories and within a field goal of a superbowl birth. He only began to fail when he hurt his arm and played the final 8 games of his season with a torn shoulder. The fact that he could even play was impressive enough to me. Now he'll go to Minnesota where he has the best running game in the league, a premiere oline, a great defense, and a solid reciever (Berrian), and a potential weapon (Harvin). He won't be throwing 35 times a game but when he does throw he'll have tons of options cause teams will not be able to have there safeties double receivers cause they will be focused on stopping the running game. Favre is going into a perfect situation and he immediately makes the Vikings my pick to win the NFC.
  4. QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 05:40 PM) I got a very negative report on Santeliz' attitude just recently. Apparently everyone in Birmingham wants him gone, he's been stealing, he shows no respect towards team mates, staff or peoples property etc. It was just one report but the source went out of his way to tell me how nasty this guy is. It was weird cause I saw the inside info you were talking about in regards to Santeliz. But when I talked to Gartrell he told me how big of a jokester Santeliz is and how he keeps the clubhouse lose.
  5. QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 09:10 PM) Didn't that money go into the Rios/Peavy fund? The Sox say that they don't mix FA money with minor league money.
  6. QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 04:56 PM) Morgado is getting bad advice, he is also coming off TJ surgery and we were probably offering second round type money. He will not be drafted that high next year, no chance. I completely agree. I think his agent f***ed him over big-time. But he also screwed himself over.
  7. QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 04:03 PM) Not yet. I am not sure what his thinking is here. He wants to be close to home and the Royals have that. He also wants a place where he can be fast-tracked to the majors, which is KC. There is no way he doesn't sign two years in a row, is there? He's got plenty of time because I believe I had read that since he played indy ball or something along those lines that he won't be subject to the August 17th deadline. Crazy that he hasn't signed by now though.
  8. Speaking of sleeping, I had a busy freaking Friday/Saturday, maybe had 4 hours of sleep, I think I slept for like 15 hours yesterday. It was priceless.
  9. He'll sign for 20-25 million. I've been saying that from day one.
  10. QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Aug 16, 2009 -> 12:11 PM) Wow @ these rookie contracts.. just out of control ridiculous. Sports in shambles MLB rookie contracts aren't bad, really they aren't. NFL now that is bad, real bad.
  11. I will say this, I really think the Bears need another QB to fill in for Cutler. I like Hanie and Basanez is s***.
  12. QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 06:25 PM) His accuracy was good, decision-making not so much. He got rushed and threw one right on the hands of a Buffalo DB that got dropped. I imagine this is something that'll smooth out when he gets more familiar with the offense and the WRs. He was throwing way too much to Hester IMO. The big thing I noticed is how much more comfortable Jay is around pressure and in the pocket. It is beautiful to see. He made a couple very nice throws and a couple horrible throws. For a first preseason game I was fine with it and I'm thrilled to have him.
  13. QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 10:44 PM) I saw that, what in the world? The Royals gave their 3rd rounder top 10 money and their 4th rounder top 20 money. Seems like they overpaid. They still haven't paid Crow yet either, but evidently there is no deadline to sign him. Myers was supposed to be a 1st round pick. I got to tip my hat to the Royals though, they've added a s***load of talent the past two drafts but they need that talent to pan out.
  14. QUOTE (CSF @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 10:36 PM) Rios' agent on the radio explaining the autograph situation Here's a quick summary for anyone that doesn't have the time to listen to that (thanks for the link that was a good listen): Rios was out with his fiance and he said Rios should have handled it better but that you need to know Rios signs for this kid regularly and the guy who he was cussing out was the biggest autograph seller in Toronto. Basically put, Rios just said hey kid, not tonight (the kid was getting the auto for it to be sold) and than the other guy snapped off.
  15. QUOTE (SockMe @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 10:44 PM) Dan Hudson might start Wed. I have a link but it says the server is down, its from ChicagoTribune.com Hahn and Fabian were there and they had to really like what they saw. Huddy had a big time start against one of the best pitching prospects in baseball. He's now out-dueled a whole lot of top 15 pitching prospects this season.
  16. QUOTE (son of a rude @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 10:41 PM) Gotta love Ozzie's stubborn loyalty... He's also saying we don't know whose starting Tuesday when it is a foregone conclusion that Frederico will be back on the mound.
  17. QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 10:33 PM) Oz said Contreras will stay in rotation cause they have no other options. Really? Unbelievable. I don't buy it. Hudson just pitched the s*** out of the ball. I'd rather not throw him out there in the pennant race cause it could do more bad than good (most likely) to his development, although if he's mentally tough he'll be fine regardless (and I think he is). But I still think Torres is a better option.
  18. I still say who the hell did Toronto have that was a leader? No one. They couldn't lead for s***. You had players fighting with managers, a jackass GM calling out other teams players, etc. Now he's coming to Chicago with a top flight manager (Cito is top notch though as well) and a ton of real solid veterans all while playing in a pennant race for one of the few times in his career and doing it in a city that LOVES baseball. Really Toronto is nothing like Chicago.
  19. QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 10:21 PM) Rios is going to be a better defensive CF than Rowand right? Just making sure. I think he will be.
  20. QUOTE (italian sox fan @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 05:54 PM) Ehi guys this web site is awesome!!! Im from Italy and I always love Chicago White Sox and with this web site I can always know what happen in Chicago and the last news about White Sox team!!! Congratulations to the creators!!! Even in Italy we know one simple thing...Chicago is only White Sox!!! I HATE CUBS!!! Italian Sox Fan (Milan West Side) Welcome aboard...any fan of Mario is a fan of mine!!!
  21. QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 06:12 PM) Freddy will pitch Tuesday either way. Hudson would be replacing Contreras on Wednesday. 1-2-3 7th inning for Hudson. Still under 100 pitches. Wow, really sounds like Huddy might be up by Wednesday. I think he could benefit from some more time in the minors but the kid is clearly poised.
  22. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 10:18 PM) No joke. He is just beautiful out there. We haven't seen a defender out there like this for a long time. It was amazing. I'm pretty sure its going to be simliar to what I see when Cutler starts throwing passes in Chicago.
  23. Sure reports of Rios aren't that great, but the guy was playing on a team that never had a shot to win anything. They were a solid club, but they had no shot in there division year in and year out. Losing and not contending impacts teams and everything. Is that video discouraging, sure, but I bet there are videos similar for a ton of players in the majors because when push comes to shove there are going to be the ocassional times you get sick or annoyed by the fans and want some personal space. Bottom line, I'm giving Alex a fresh chance. He's got tools and he's never done anything criminal for us to be concerned with. Plus the Jays clubhouse had all kinds of issues the past few years(Managers fighting with players, an ahole GM, etc) so really, I could care less what is coming out of that place.
  24. Character Counts: What to Make of Alex Rios By Mario Scalise SoxNet Tools are nice, statistics are better, on-field performance is the best. But when you have a player locked up for five years and are paying him millions above what he's shown he's worth till this point in his career, knowing what you're getting as a person is pretty important....Entire Article Here
  25. QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 09:05 PM) This turned out to be a pretty accurate thread Cubano, except the fact that Fields got demoted. Alexei could be an elite SS if he wasn't so erratic. The good thing was it was his first year playing it at a professional level so it should be expected.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.