Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 12:04 AM) Hell... get Kip Wells and Josh Fogg back. THEY'LL make a difference, I'm sure. That'll solve our 5th starter and bullpen problems.
  2. QUOTE(maggliopipe @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 08:00 PM) Granted, it was a 3 word response..... Fish you nicca.
  3. Damn looking at that video, this kid has got some serious movement.
  4. QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 12:44 AM) and we signed Ben Davis for a million dollars right around midnight. At that time, we all thought that AJP would be going elsewhere. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 12:49 AM) I remember sitting at my laptop staring at Rotoworld waiting for the Sox' tenders to come across. I was heartbroken when I saw Ben Davis' name. What a s***ty night that was. Don't f*** with the Ben Davis Fan Club b****es!
  5. QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 01:32 AM) Yep, and that was a great idea. Just glad those are the only 2 seats left that are blue, that's all. Genius. Boyer strikes again. Also gotta like the seats being angled.
  6. The two blue seats are where Konerko hit his grand slam and Pods hit his walk-off I believe.
  7. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 12:24 AM) Who am I? He looks like a combo of Andy Reid (da stache) and Kenny Rogers. I'll say Kenny but I know I'm wrong.
  8. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 12:07 AM) What the f*** is up with your spelling of the word "either"? You've spelled it "eigher like 15 times tonight. You're starting to worry me. I'm a rebel b**** you got a problem with that? I'm tryin to overtake Gage in the most spelled words incorrectly but for really one word. Not going to school also helps and of course what I said earlier. QUOTE(SoxAce @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 11:52 PM) and maybe the weed smokin and drinking has effected my baseball knowledge. Probably has effected my spelling and motor skills mr. griffin.
  9. QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 11:57 PM) Everyone liked El Duque and had positive thoughts on that one because he wasnt the Felix Diaz/Jason Grilli/Danny Wright/Arnie Munoz pinwell of hell known as the teeball stand. That reminds me how much I Nuke when he was around.
  10. QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 11:48 PM) What evidence is there that Erstad's bat will help the Sox this season. .691, .702, .642,.746,.696,.605 those are Erstad's OPSs from 2001 through 2006. His avg OBP for those years was around .320. Giving him 500 at-bats seems crazy. Well for one, damn near all of those OPS numbers you posted are better than what Pods has done so you don't think that is will help us this season? Talk about him getting 500 abs is crazy then we must be retarded then giving Pods 500+. No it wouldn't, but if it's nessessary (for some odd reason) fine. I don't think so eigher, but a decent year from him is still 2 times better than what we'd be getting from Pods besides the SB. I'm not saying he's the best option by any means but if you had to choose between the two and who would benifit our club the most eigher by defense, hitting history against pitchers, hitting wise, whatever you can think of I'd say Erstad is better in most categories.
  11. QUOTE(southsideirish @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 11:42 PM) You don't recall this? Oh yeah, there was a ton of negativity prior to the 2005 season. A TON! I was there too bro, and my memory may not be as good as it used to be considering my old man age I'm sportin now, but I can't recall a TON of negativity. Hell alot of posters liked El-duque mostly because of his playoff experience that would've helped us. There was doubt and negativity of course, but I don't think there was a ton. It was more optimism. If I'm wrong though, it's all good as well. We are all human and maybe the weed smokin and drinking has effected my baseball knowledge.
  12. QUOTE(southsideirish @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 11:20 PM) We had freaking El Duque as our 5th starter and no one here was overwhelmed by his presence as a 5th starter. I know you weren't quoting me, but you didn't see any improvement that at least El-Duque was a veteran and can give you innings and keep you in the game and whose era during 98-04 was 3.13, 4.12, 4.51, 4.85, 3.64, and 3.30 respectively? The only question with him was injuries and even then B-Mac was MLB ready anyway to step in from LR and handle the 5th spot. The Whitesox organization wouldn't be wearing rings right now if El-Duque didn't help contribute. Who the hell knew that Hermy was going to get injured. Who knows who'll get injured this year. Your right about the "overwhelmed" but ALOT of posters saw that improvement from that dreaded 5th spot as well. Now that's BS.
  13. QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 11:08 PM) any team can win it all, IMO. Thank god that's your opinion kid.
  14. QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 11:02 PM) Like everyone is saying Pods sucks and Erstad sucks, like it is a fact. Erstad I don't understand eigher. He will be a valuable option to this team this season. Whoever is saying that doesn't know jack cause his defense in LF, and I'll repeat that LF and his bat will definitely help us this season (doesn't hurt he's a lefty also) He does have some good history against some of the pitchers in our division. I can't help you with Pods though, anybody else can be my guess on backing him up.
  15. 2006 WAS our underacheiving year. It's a damn shame that damn near everyone of our pitching staff had a down year. I had higher hopes last season and 05 than this season but like I said in the game thread, I'm in the "prove me wrong" state for this team. Last year was had horses, a 5th starter (like we did in 05 with El-Duque but McCarthy was the real reason [right Ozzie?]) and to what I thought a strong bullpen (besides Thornton and maybe M-Mac when he was aquired) they didn't pitch well most of the season. You have to understand the ????? with damn near a rookie for a 5th (Floyd would be the only exception but damn near when it comes to starting) some rooks in the bullpen besides Jenks-Thornton (who knows if he'll repect the success like last season)-M-Mac and we'll probably be giving up more runs thanks to the "steller" outfield of Pods-Erstad (I'll refuse to put Dye in that category since he doesn't have a choice) you can see that putting that "faith" would be our only option and see if the rooks and our horses can have great/good/decent/below average maybe seasons. Hopefully a few Amens and Hail Marys can get it done.
  16. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 10:48 PM) Danks, Floyd, Russell (supposedly in the running), Masset, Aardsma, Haeger, Logan, Sisco, Terrero, Anderson and Perez are all on the bubble for the 5th starter spot, the 4th, 5th & 6th bullpen spots and the final spot on the bench. So that's 11 players and only 8 spots. Which 3 of the 11 mentioned below will be cut tomorrow? Probably Russell, Aardsma and Sisco but there should be a decent surprise in there none the less. For some odd reason Russell might stay to get one more look and I could see Haeger go down thanks to his outing from today's game, but all in all right as usual K-lap. We'll see come tomorrow.
  17. Damn I can't wait to see whose getting cut tomorrow. It's going to go down to 28 or so?
  18. QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 10:20 PM) Erstad is not going to "revert" to his 2000 form. That was 7 years ago and he has approached nothing close to it since then. We call that a "Career Year". Bingo. Lesson learned.
  19. I also wish him the best of luck. I have not givin up on he and Wing. This season maybe, and definitely next season will probably be his last chance. I hope this kid can turn it around. It would be quite a story. i also wanna hear how he throws now. Eigher harder or more finese after the TJ surgery. If his secondary pitches look good/better/worse, more movement/less, etc.
  20. QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 06:51 PM) SS, you mean. I'd be damn sad if we cut ties with Brown. Ah thank you. I stand corrected.
  21. Ortiz is one hellova human being even before this gesture he's done. I always liked him when he was in Minnesota. Just a ginuwine heart he has. Doesn't hurt that he loves the game alot eigher. He has been a great person on and off the field for the U.S. and his hometown the D.R.
  22. Only a 6th rounder? Excellent trade for the bears. I wouldn't say the end for Brown though not by any means but it could mean FS might not be a serious issue come draft day.
  23. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 05:21 PM) Anderson singled to Center. Ozzie Guillen Murdered Brian Anderson as punishment. Damn that BA. Thinking he earns a spot here.
  24. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 05:15 PM) Green winning 5-2 over black Gracias.
  25. Balta what's the score?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.