Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Who is this Adam Russell?
That same article has Garland now as the number 2 according to Ozzie. So now I'm assuming Contreras-Garland-Buehrle-Vazquez-Russell/Danks/Floyd/Haeger.
-
Questec Is Coming Back
Not good.
-
Who is this Adam Russell?
QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 10:55 PM) you had it right the first time... 04 draft. But I am not sure which round. 6th round pick. He was projected higher if I'm not mistaken so we got a little bit of a steal. Usually we'll draft a player who was projected lower from what I've seen the last couple years. God damn we had a hellova draft in 04 though.
-
Dumb reality shows you enjoy?
Whose house is it? Run's House!
-
What could the Sox get for Mackowiak ?
QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 17, 2007 -> 12:35 AM) I should have prefaced it by saying that is what I want to happen, not what will happen. A man can dream. Anyone who has Haeger making this team (even though I have him as our 5th starter) is cool beans in my book.
-
Darin Erstad article on yahoo sports
QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 03:04 AM) It's about as pathetic as the time the ULA Peacocks got their asses handed to them by the SCU Mustangs simply because their mascot wasn't around to do the peacock strut and fire them up. How sad. It wasn't Carlton's fault, Will did his best.
-
What the hell is wrong with "people"???
And it was in Minnesota where there are alot of sick bastards that live there (cough..Dougly...cough..)
-
The Brandon McCarthy-John Danks/Nick Massett deal
The one guy who noone talks about is David Paisano. He's going to play in the states this season and hit very well last season. He's only 19 so we'll see if he'll turn into a legit spect for them and if he'll come back to haunt us as well.
-
Rose bet on team every single night
Well he did say that he doesn't care about the hall anymore and if he's reinstated (which probably won't happen), he wants to manage again (probably won't happen) in the future.
-
Official 2006-2007 NBA Discussion Thread
The Dallas/Suns game is very special to watch! Damn double overtime.. God damn Amare Stoudemire is back to the way he was before the surgery... a beast.
-
Sox Make Moves
QUOTE(Beastly @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 10:34 PM) Why not Spivey? I wasn't sure about him but I was just curious of your reasoning of not bolding him. He said "MLB potential" which probably means the prospects who have a chance to make impacts even though I understand your reasoning. I didn't agree with some of his bolding eigher.
-
2007 White Sox Catch-All Thread
QUOTE(Felix @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 11:58 AM) Scouts rave about Tiger lefty Edward Campusano, who had 81 strikeouts in 55 1/3 innings in A-AA last year; Wait I thought he was on the Cubs? Please tell me this was just a mistake cause we don't need to see another stud pitcher on the Tigers. EDIT: Nevermind I looked it up he is on the Tigers.
-
Jenks today
If you have comcast sportsnet, Jenks is pitching right now from the replay of today's game.
-
Heath Phillips
QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 06:37 PM) If Heath has another solid first half, he could be a really good option for trade bait. That's what I'm hoping. KW in trade mode with scrubs we don't want is very good.
-
ARod interview
Wouldn't be surprised if he reunites with his god-father, Sweet Lou, after this season if he's run out.
-
Official 2006-2007 NBA Discussion Thread
QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 09:59 PM) Ben took 21 shots tonight. And Ben Gordon was the 4th leading scorer in a win. I think he only had like 10 points. It was just an odd game.
-
Q&A with Matt Thornton
QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 09:55 PM) Really? This must've been back in 2004 or early 2005. Because I swear J took over after that. Naw man qwerty was the man for quite some time. He had a ridiculous 35+ post per day at one time. When he first started it was like 50+.
-
Official 2006-2007 NBA Discussion Thread
Of all the offensively challenged players, Ben Wallace and Tyrus Thomas are going nuts.
-
Q&A with Matt Thornton
QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 09:38 PM) Man, what happened to Jabroni? He was on his way to surpassing Jason and SS2K5 for total posts. He aint touchin qwerty I'll say that.
-
David Aardsma
QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 09:28 PM) who f***ing cares? cotts couldnt get dick out last year, and he can eat my ass... *this post brought to you by the swear filter... Wow. I've never heard of eat my ass before.
-
Rowand on The Score
QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 08:47 PM) Mark was for a couple of years, but that's opening a different can of worms. I'm with Cheat when he said a couple years back that Buehrle wasn't an "Ace." All in all, your right though. I'm not gonna stur the pot now..
-
Josh Hamilton
QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 08:41 PM) I was responding to the comment that, hey, he's had a lot of relapses by saying -- all drug addicts do. "I quit." Next day, you're lying on the floor with crack running through your system. Just be careful with your words mr. dislocation.
-
Rowand on The Score
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 08:19 PM) Ah-ha. We're talking prospects like Chris Volstad here. I'd prefer Sean West.
-
Sox @ Rangers, March 13
QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 06:34 PM) To this day KW has made some terrible trades, but most of the time he knows what he is doing, and he has shown plenty of times that judging his trades before the results come out is very, very foolish. Like i said earlier, I understand what your sayin, but at the same time when someone is trying to tell you why a certain trade/signing is bad, you go on dense mode. It is hard to elaborate on a particular subject when it's like I'm posting to a wall. i still believe Reed will be a stud but like you said it is still a wait and see. we didnt steal a trade from them. where's Freddy now? He's in another uniform. Where is Reed now? Still in Seattle. I'll say this we did get a championship because that's what KW wanted and that's what matters in the end. He does sacrifice the future for the present and I respect that even though nowadays he's trying to trade quickly to have some future and not just be patient. I probably won't post anymore on this thread so I'll let you add your two cents in.
-
Sox @ Rangers, March 13
QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 06:23 PM) Don't know. Maybe. Maybe not. NO! I don't even think both have thrown 200 innings in their lives. The sox will do just like what the Tigers did with Verlander. IF they pitch the entire season I can see them pitching about 160-180 innings.