Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Rowand on The Score
QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 03:46 PM) Since when is this about winning arguments? If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Although I don't believe it's wrong, in this instance, to openly question their evaluation of Brian Anderson considering they traded Rowand and Young with the belief he'd be their next CF. I question Williams moves when I don't agree with them. And those quotes within my signature were from Williams himself. Who, I'm guessing, understands our farm system needs to pick it up. +2 And I've said this once, unless there getting A-Row as our starting LF (which I don't mind at all considering a defense of Rowand-Anderson-Dye is 2 times better than any outfield we've seen in this organization for quite some time) I don't want him back. I'd rather hold my breath and get another left-handed stick whose defensive is better than Rowands and has the same grinder mentality. (Like Jeremy Reed for instance. )
-
Q&A with Matt Thornton
QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 09:34 AM) Always a good laugh to go back and read some of the posts from when Thornton was acquired. http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=47754 Alot of posters were wrong and some were right (Tizz you were right on) and I am god. http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?ac...mp;qpid=1072202 QUOTE(SoxAce @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 11:26 PM) I'm just laughing on some of the posters here who are already saying this trade is horrible, and that our bullpen is s***ty. I think some tend to forget its March 20th. I want to see how things go down with Hermy, and if Coop can change this "kid" (Ozzie word ) with his mechanics like he knows he could. Kenny wanted this pitcher for two years and just like Cintron, Vazquez, etc., he got his guy. Can we please see how this trade shakes up this season and say if its a bad trade down the road just like we did with the Garcia/Olivo&Reed deal? We'll see Thornton on Comcast and we'll see if Coop has him in the right direction mechanic wise before we all think it's a bad trade. (not to say if Borch even makes the roster for Seattle) I love me.
-
Predict the FutureSox Top 25
QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 10:41 PM) I'll say this..Day does make the top 25 and if you want to blame anyone for him being on there I'd be the one to blame. You are used to being blame so I'll just say you "Gaged" the list.
-
Predict the FutureSox Top 25
The only question I have is why Dewon Day is on that list? There's other guys who could have been in instead of him. I feel he is alittle too old to be considered a spect at 26 yrs. (going on 27 this year) The same could be said about Rogo even though I don't mind him being on though.
-
My 1 Week of Fame
It's a damn shame I didn't go to college. I would rock that Leon kid. I'm looking at his stats and the only thing he was better at then me is average. If I could only turn back time.. Slav you know I can rake it.
-
give BA a rest!
QUOTE(pale_hose @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 09:13 PM) Gentlemen, don't you feel like we have all been a little hard on Brian Anderson? He's not that bad. Granted, he was awful the first half of the season, but the second half he hit .257. Not great, but not that bad for a rookie who nobody was expecting anything out of at the plate. Plus, he's a great center fielder. It's hard to find anyone who can get to the ball like BA. We just need a 9 hitter to hit around .250 or .260 anyways. But I just feel like we should keep BA and let him grow here. I've seen him to things in the field that impress me. He needs to become more patient at the plate, but that will come. He's doing pretty well in spring training so far, but lets see if that continues into the regular season. Anywho, lets give BA one more year before we run him out of town. Where is this comming from? I would say like 5% of the posters here are hard on him at least. Hardly anyone. Fathom is right on though.
-
AAP: Tom Collaro
QUOTE(easyw @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 09:24 PM) Still, for more than 2 years now, I've been hearing from 'fans' that he is not a serious prospect in the Sox organization. Don't tell that to Jason Gage. He'll cut you.
-
Name your Surprise Move
QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 09:14 PM) Actually , I just read a story in the Tribune that suggests some kind of package to the Phillies for Rowand and Lieber. One package was a bullpen arm, Mack and somebody else. The other involved either Crede or Fields. It was Crede. We were talking about it on the gamethread. Supposedly the arm would had been eigher Logan or MMac but don't quote me on that one. http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...57258&st=15
-
Predict the FutureSox Top 25
This is the year of Mr. Brooks Give up on Egbert Alex. He ain't gonna be s***.
-
3/12/06 Sox Vs Padres
QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 04:55 PM) Ah it's only spring training. That's what many keep forgetting. Thank god.
-
3/12/06 Sox Vs Padres
Masset lookin like he should join the team.
-
3/12/06 Sox Vs Padres
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 04:30 PM) Geoff Blum comes in to play 1st for the Padres.
-
3/12/06 Sox Vs Padres
QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 04:06 PM) Maybe if we got Cole Hammels too. That's the only way I make that deal. Cole Hamels is just a flat out stud. I said this on another thread but if Zambrano wants that Cy Young, he's going to have to take it away from him cause that kid is ready to break out. He could be the Johan Santana of the NL. He can be that dominate.
-
3/12/06 Sox Vs Padres
QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 03:50 PM) Did I hear right. (I am in the middle of something at work)...The Phillies want Crede, Mack, other player for Rowand and Lieber.... Kenny probably laughed his ass off with that proposal.
-
My 1 Week of Fame
Damn Slav, your gettin uglier and uglier..
-
Does Anybody Know
Ha! Richards would have gotten his ass kicked.
-
Rowand to the Sox??
QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 02:19 PM) I heard the BA shot the sheriff, but he did not shoot the deputy. He burned the mural. But he did not burn Skinner's car.
-
Rowand to the Sox??
QUOTE(mr_genius @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 02:02 PM) i don't know if this information has been posted yet, but this could be the final peice to getting Rowand back BA is a hated man. Damn those mix tapes!!
-
Rowand to the Sox??
QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 11:42 PM) so let me throw it back at you...say a team is willing to give up a guy like Nick Adenhart (the caliber player, not the name - I'm not gonna do a ton of research on this) who does have that talent but has not pitched at the AA level yet...do you still make that move, knowing he may be 3 years away from cracking the bigs, and 4-5 years away from being a top of the rotation starter? I'll throw in a better name. Franklin Morales. It is right around Tizz's range considering he is Latin and all. He does throw hard and is left-handed but very, very raw and only 21 but his potential is ungodly. He's from the Rockies (of all teams) organization. Here's his stats and just alittle info. I refuse to do alot of research tonight but you get my concept.
-
Rowand to the Sox??
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 07:07 AM) Backup CF, if Anderson doesn't make the team, if you could acquire him cheaply? Oh hell YES!!! Jeremy Reed....my man crush... If he comes back here, I guaranDAMNtee he'll be a stud again. He should be starting LF for us if that's the case forget that backup CF crap. Reed-Anderson-Dye and your sitting pretty. Reed is a sexy grinder.
-
Name your Surprise Move
I will have a woman if my life... oh wait...
-
March 9th: White Sox vs. Arizona
QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 03:54 PM) When is the last time Masset pitched? It has to have been five, six days. Two days ago.
-
March 9th: White Sox vs. Arizona
QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 03:50 PM) Way to draw a walk, Brian. Minor victories. Ya gotta love it..
-
Rowand to the Sox??
Unless were getting him to play LF for us and somehow get Pods outta here, I don't want A-Row back.
-
Official 2006-2007 NBA Discussion Thread
I'm sorry Andrew, but Carlos Arroyo is one of the stupidest point guards in the NBA. He is the T.O. on offense.