Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Is trading Paulie an option?
Absolutely, but the sox would never do it. (though I still love what KW did in asking for Paul Goldschmidt anyways at the waiver wire, especially since the D-Backs have wanted Konerko for years until his emergence)
-
What can the Sox realistically expect in a trade for Danks
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 11:10 AM) That's why I threw in the "essentially". Its all good. Well it was, until I saw a pic of you in high socks. Maybe that shouldn't be in green...
-
What can the Sox realistically expect in a trade for Danks
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 11:04 AM) Yeah, $17 million for 2012 season, plus the $4 million buyout to follow=$21 million. Ah, gotcha. The "in 2012" kinda threw me off there, but I guess the off-season is in 2012 as well.
-
Happy Birthday Wanne & onedude!
Happy B-day to Wanne and to one of the most underrated graphic design posters on this site in blacksox. (sorry.. always will remember you with that name.. and the sweet sigs from back in the day)
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 09:13 AM) Nevermind, I should have kept scrolling. ESPNStatsInfo ESPN Stats & Info Tom Brady intercepted by Antonio Cromartie in the endzone to end 1st half...it was Brady's 1st ever Red Zone INT thrown at home (Has 91 TD) That is insane. And it wasn't his fault at all. (his WR dropped the pass/went off his finger tips which popped the ball in the air right to Cromartie)
-
What can the Sox realistically expect in a trade for Danks
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 09:03 AM) Stop right there. NO ONE is going to take on Jake Peavy for essentially $21million in 2012. Just forget about it. I believe he's making 17 million. He's making 22 million in 2013. (though has a 4 million buyout, which will surely be used regardless of team)
-
What can the Sox realistically expect in a trade for Danks
QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Oct 9, 2011 -> 12:12 PM) Thoughts? They'll regret it.
-
Who you cheering for?
QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Oct 9, 2011 -> 06:51 PM) Brewers, I really dislike the other 3 teams. This. Though I'll say Detroit is the only team I really dislike. The other two teams I just don't particularly care for.
-
KW: Joe Cowley a Liar
Going to bed, keep the updates comming for the later read when I get the popcorn ready.
-
KW: Joe Cowley a Liar
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 10:21 AM) Care to defend yourself Marty? :lolhitting
-
Robin Ventura Named White Sox Manager
QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 09:54 AM) Exactly what they were looking for. And if they rebuild with him (besides the obvious albatross, though Peavy is gone after next season luckily), it's exactly what I'm looking for as well.
-
UAW and Ford
QUOTE (Tex @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 07:07 AM) LTS? Long Term Supplemental.
-
2011 ALCS: Detroit Tigers vs. Texas Rangers Thread
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 01:29 AM) Winner of that Brewers-Dbacks series will be the only team in either LCS that I remotely like(really like the Brewers, can deal with AZ), I can't stand Detroit or Texas and I'm basically bored with Philly and St. Louis at this point. Agreed 100% (but I hate Detroit a bit more so I hope they lose, but I won't really care if Texas loses either)
-
UAW and Ford
As a Ford worker currently/local, I'm not going to comment on this at all until our contracts are finalized. With that said.. there is alot of B.S. internally (especially with Ford once again with their "promises" which many of the LTS heard back in 07 [luckily I was hired on much later] being thrown around again, especially with more jobs) and alot of split on this from the workers (pros and cons) and I will leave it at that.
-
Robin Ventura Named White Sox Manager
After thinking it over some (and doing some research on Robin..) I love this move. Ridiculously underrated as a leader.
-
Robin Ventura Named White Sox Manager
Ha. I thought my co-workers were kidding about this the whole time. Just found out now. Really weird to see, but Robin was a favorite of mine growing up so I think it's awesome. Now, from a baseball perspective I don't know, but I'll reserve judgment. I hope we find a way to deal these expensive fools and rebuild fully (hell even 1-2 gone would be nice) but definitely won't hold my breath.
-
2011-2012 NHL Thread
What a surprise.. injury prone Dave Bolland questionable for the first game of the season (and possibly Saturday) according to Q. Oh, and Barry Melrose picks the Hawks to win the cup this year. (he was the one who picked us to win it in 09-10)
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 05:34 PM) Where do you get that from? By all accounts when people in his life have been interviewed they've said he's a really good down to earth guy. I met him a few weeks ago at a bar and he was as nice as can be. daa84 is a Vandy guy with quite a few friends who went to school with Cutler. If anyone would know a thing or two about college players from Vandy it would be him. Hell he was the guy who knew about Pedro Alvarez before he put himself on the prospect map 3+ years ago.
-
2011-2012 NHL Thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 03:53 PM) Early line predictions from Jesse Rogers (ESPN Chicago) & from practice today: Sharp/Toews/Saad Brunette/Kane/Hossa Bickell/Bolland/Frolik Mayers/Smith/Olesz Keith/Leddy Hammer/Seabrook Montador/Scott ODonnell/Lepisto Dear god have mercy on us all...
-
Offseason Plans
While I agree with Marty if your rebuilding, you trade off assets who could net a good return (like Alexei) but I doubt any trade you do for a prospect(s) will net you an Andrus type talent in return (and if it is, it will surely be in 2-4 years, possibly longer) not to mention we don't have one in the wings currently (if you play Escobar, you either expect guys like Beckham, Morel, Flowers, De Aza, etc. to really improve, or in De Aza's case, maintain that level of play and to not have Konerko regress and I'm not even counting Dunn, Rios and the pitching staff) And prospects are not even a guarantee to fully make it in the bigs (and I'm still skeptical a bit in our scouting as far as hitting prospects). You either gotta have faith at the front office, or hope a guy becomes the answer in 2-3 years. (big fan of Saladino but again.. hit or miss) You really can't do a complete rebuild however with certain guys tied onto the roster. (though I still want A.J. gone somehow) Luckily this will probably be Peavy's last year with his buyout looming so I'm sure he'll "pitch like a bulldog" next season which also helps the sox financially with options. I'm just not a big fan of going the Royals route of completely sucking unless I have Tampa/Atlanta's scouts.
-
Chris Sale to be Moved to the Rotation in 2012
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 09:52 PM) I also see where Rowand said Sale had better stuff than Prior and it's not close. hahaha. Proves fans don't know s*** (me included). Pssh.. look at my post on that subject. I knew it cause I saw Prior and Sale both pitch in college. Sale has very good stuff, but he isn't in Prior's neighborhood. (and that is no knock, Prior was just that good) QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 01:46 AM) I really hope Danksy is traded. I love the guy, but I don't think we have the money to sign him, and I think he will get us the larger return on prospects. Get it done, Kenny. And I will maintain my ways on saying it would be a horrible mistake if Danks is traded. (unless you absolutely can not sign him to a Buehrle type deal) He still has too much upside untapped. (and yes.. I'm his biggest fan, and I know Floyd is Jason's biggest fan)
-
Phegley Replaced by Blanke in AFL
Blanke is a better prospect anyways, so that's cool.
-
White Sox Manager Search Thread
I doubt its Fisk. From what I heard, the sox want a manager who is also fluent in speaking Spanish to help communicate with the latin players. Martinez, LaRussa, Alomar and Pena are all fluent in Spanish. Not sure if that is why Francona isn't high on the sox list, but it might go with it.
-
Tapatalk?
QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 06:53 AM) I still extend my offer to help but I don't really have any experience As usual..
-
The GREAT Daniel Hudson
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 08:53 AM) At least IMO, "He's no Roy Halladay" really isn't a harsh criticism. I don't think anyone was disagreeing with that (well JPN hasn't responded yet..) nor should they.