Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. SoxAce replied to danman31's topic in FutureSox Board
    QUOTE (forrestg @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 02:05 AM) Kuhn 0 for 4 not a great debut. I was expecting 2 for 4. I am still hoping for his success at aaa. Yes he has to take a while to adjust to the league. I'm not as high on him as some here (more of a projected utility type in the future from most reports, not to mention guys have killed AA pitching and not had the same success with a level jump before) but he needs time. Sox are batting him second (and played him at 3B in that game ironically) so that's a great way for him to get more at-bats in Charlotte.
  2. QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 01:12 AM) So I've recently been hanging out with this girl and have started to get to really like her, only problem is she is the little sister of one of my good friends. Her and I are the same age so it's not weird that I would be going after her in that sense, but she and I have both decided that I should talk to him before we actually go on a date or anything. He is very protective of her and I am not looking forward to having this conversation at all. One of my personal rules. Never go out or have sex with one of your good/best friend's sister(s). Always leads to trouble/awkwardness down the road. Now, if that said friend isn't as protective as he lends on, that is different (my good friend is currently been with my sister for 4 years, but I'm not that protective of her as I know she is very smart and makes the right decisions) but I've personally seen too many friendships end because of a family member's conflict. (sister) Keep it on the down low in benefits (and I mean serious hush hush), or don't do it is the best way IMO (unless like I said.. the dude is a good dude and isn't as protective of her as you thought, and the trust is there). Just my two cents.
  3. It just personally sickens me to even hear of one of our better hitters on the team (injury prone or not) and one of our best OBP guys we have being traded so Juan Pierre can stick around in LF... for half a season. (hopefully half) At least this does show KW making a mistake from the Hudson deal to get another young, cost controlled arm for a few seasons (who probably has better upside as well) in Beachy if it's true. I'd much prefer Rios gone though by some miracle.
  4. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 12:01 AM) and they traded away Feliz & Andrus One of the rare teams out there who can trade away good young talent or not pay them as pending FA and still not miss a beat cause of their scouting. (Red Sox and Tampa also jump out) And at those times I was shocked at the deals as a prospect lover, but understood them. (loved reading about Hanley when he was in the Sawks farm system for example)
  5. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 11:55 PM) Sharp is signing an extension this off-season, case closed. In either case, he will be getting paid.. and paid alot (rightfully so, he's a great player) which was my point as well as the UFA money handed out. Ladd's contract is a good one for what he brings.
  6. QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 10:28 PM) Turned on Rongey just now for the first time in a couple weeks. I'll go back to not listening. Same old crap. Konerko can't keep carrying this team forever. Who knows where this team would be without him. But remember, Rongey said one player can't make a difference right...
  7. And this ballgame is ova.
  8. QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 04:33 PM) Andrew Ladd got a 5-year, $22 million dollar contract extension ($4.4 million cap hit). That's A LOT of money for him. I really like him as a second-line player with solid defensive skills, but looks like a bit of an overpay. But he is young still, so he could continue to improve. Regardless, good for him. I really liked him as a player. Only 25, nearly had 60 points last year, defensive stud who is a terrific PK guy and can play on the PP, a captain and has 2 stanley cup rings already on his resume.. I'd say that contract was a steal, especially with what is being handed out on the FA market. Hell, don't be surprised when you see what Sharp gets next off-season.
  9. This off-season was the time to do it. Me and Dick Allen were very vocal on "selling high".
  10. Stay hot Adam Dunn.
  11. Happy B-Day Ed.
  12. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 12:06 AM) Adam Dunn did what? ^^^^ This. I missed the game from a family party/drinking.
  13. I'll send a post of congrats to one of my favorite prospects (top 3) we had in our system in his first all star selection.. Gio Gonzalez. Just a great year he is having.
  14. As far as prime standpoint Carlos Lee (with more average/little more power) is a great comparison for him. Vlad Guerrero (with less walks/speed) is a good one also. The only player/prospect we got that even sniffs Miguel Cabrera's jock strap in this system is Trayce Thompson and thats if everything in the book goes right for him. Pujols is in a league of his own.
  15. Nice night for Danks2.
  16. Memo to self. Never let your best friend's confrontational girlfriend in your new car, or you will be paying over 200$ in damages to it.
  17. QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 06:23 PM) Who's have thought Adam Dunn would be hitting .168 with 7 homers and 29 rbi? Nice post.
  18. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 11:11 PM) Fukudome just was lured away by the dreaminess of Cubdom Being the first Japanese player in Cubs history may have had something to do with that.
  19. One year, $775K for Carcillo.
  20. Sweet mother of god.....
  21. QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 04:27 PM) FWIW, Tallon is killing is today. Upshall, Fleischmann, Theodore, and Jovo. Wow. The Panthers are not gonna be bottom dwellers next season thats for sure. I think Fleischmann, if healthy, is the biggest steal out of anybody so far. I love the Brunette signing for the Hawks. He might be a bit old and slow, but he is still the playmaking LW that the Hawks lacked to pair with snipers Sharp and Hossa.
  22. I just woke up.... yaaaaaaay.
  23. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 09:59 AM) @TSNBobMcKenzie: Confirming James Wisniewski to CBJ for 6 years at $33M. Oh to be an NHL free agent this offseason. That is just stupid money for Wiz. And to add...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.