Everything posted by SoxAce
-
If You Could Fight Anybody In The World, Who Would It Be?
QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 01:24 AM) Sixth grade bullies, some kids that were assholes through middle school, some punk ass kids from high school, (some of all of these grades never did anything with their lives so screw 'em), my ex's male best friend, my ex's boyfriend, some of the kids who tried to force religion on me, or shared their views on abortion with me and tried to say I was wrong...Add a crap ton of republicans, news anchors, politicians, and athletes to that and you are set. Also want to kick an engineering student's ass too, along with steroid pumpin' kids I knew who were jerks in frats...glad I played dirty in intramurals! Oh and I forgot about the defensive coordinator from high school football my sophomore year. That guy had no dick. So I'm going to assume Andrew was part of the punk ass kids from high school Ross?
-
Is 2011 make or break for Ozzie?
QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 01:30 AM) I can't believe the intelligent people on here think we are a lock to win anything and if we don't Ozzie should be canned. First of all it was a miracle winning as many games as the Sox did last year. Secondly, I could easily see this team sucking. Just because Dunn has been added and Crain? That doesn't mean s*** except we are returning to the days we had another major league hitter (Dye before the second half collapse in his final season here; Thome before he was let loose n signed by the Twins) in the lineup instead of the abysmal Kotsay and mediocre Jones duo. We have no proven closer. Our starting pitchers were good at times last year, horses*** at times. Peavy is a major question mark. Our third base and second base are question marks (as much as I love Gordon's potential). Paulie could easily drop in production after that great great season of his. We still have a powderpuff hitter in left who arguably is not a good leadoff hitter and has no arm. Rios is no superstar. In fact, despite his nice season, he still has much to prove. After bouncing back last year, does he feel he has anything to prove? Will he regress? AJ had an average season last year. Some might say until the last six weeks or so he sucked. He's not getting any younger. And this team has shown no ability to beat Minnesota and even dominate the lowly teams in the division. Just because we added Dunn and Crain we are locks to win the division? We are locks to dominate KC, Cleveland and Detroit when we haven't dominated them the past two seasons at all, just because of Crain and Dunn? I dunno about that. This team isn't a lock to win s*** and if it doesn't it isn't necessarily Ozzie's fault. That said, if I were Ozzie and thought I had enough money in the bank/investments, I would ask for an extension now in an ultimatum ploy. If he doesn't get one, he should resign. He can be a bench coach next year somewhere in the NL, then get a managing job again, likely in Florida. He's a fool to go into the year with a one-year deal; a fool. Managers with a WS title under their belt have more leverage than one year deals. As much as people think the White Sox should win it all every year, the reality is the city of Chicago has one WS title in the last 10,000 years. That title was with Ozzie at the helm. Ozzie's contractual situation will be a major distraction all season. How can it not be? Ozzie doesn't stifle on matters like this. With Ozzie's mouth, the reporters will be able to bait him so easily. If the Sox are winning early, they'll be asking him about the extension and doesn't he deserve one NOW; if the Sox are losing, they'll be asking about him about likely not getting an extension. He'll say his old s*** of, 'If they don't like Ozzie, fire him now!' It will be a HUGE mess with him unsigned past next year. Should be crazy to watch it all explode. p.s. After reading Rogers' article, it's pretty obvious Ozzie will be Florida's manager after next season. This isn't going to work with him on a one-year deal. No way. Not with his ego. There will be sooo many fireworks. Might as well get it over now. I honestly couldn't believe you posted this. (which is actually a pretty good post) It's like someone else did it for you or something...
-
Catch All Anything Thread
Ugh... sick again. Not a good way to start 2011.
-
If You Could Fight Anybody In The World, Who Would It Be?
qwerty... definitely qwerty.
- Quietly so no one sees . . .
-
Inaugural Soxtalk Winter Meetings & Drinkathon
QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 06:21 PM) Nice. It'd be awesome to get a big group out. Chances I am the youngest one there at 23?? If I make it, I'm around your age at 24, though I'll be one of the shortest people there. (along with Mike)
-
2010-2011 NHL thread
Quennville had a poor coaching game overall. Stalberg-Dowell-Skille line was good the whole night and you take out Dowell in the 3rd? (though Stalberg and Skille are always good together when they are paired up) Damn.. Hawks are now 0-2 without Toews. (though you could say 0-3 cause Toews got injured when the Hawks were winning 1-0 in that game vs St. Louis before losing the game) Also nice to see Jordan Hendry on the ice as a defense-men. To me, he's better than Boynton and Cullimore, but is always in the dog house for whatever reason.
-
Official 2010-11 NFL Thread
QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 10:42 PM) So who would you rather play? Philly or New Orleans? Philly for sure. Vicks been incredible this season, but the Bears defense has actually had good success against athletic QBs this season. It's the pocket QBs that kill them for whatever reason. Plus, Sean Payton is just really good at his job.
-
New Year's Resolutions
To make sure 2011 is just as good as 2010 for me personally. Haven't had a good year like that since 2005, then went from average, to bad, to terrible, etc.. till I got to 2010. So judging by that pattern, I won't have another good year till 2015..
-
2010-2011 NHL thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 31, 2010 -> 12:48 PM) I'm with you. I love watching them play, and even more so, against each other. Ditto, though I must say there isn't any question now who the best player of the two is.
-
2010-2011 NBA Thread
EPIC. Both shots were pretty crazy from Mayo and Evans.
-
White Sox Off-Season Catch All Thread
How are A.J. and Castro gonna benefit Camp Cora? Or even Pierre and Rios for that matter? And if there's one OF I want going there, it's Quentin.
-
2010-2011 NBA Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 04:29 PM) I think that by the end of the season...the Bulls might well be able to compete with all of them. The Bulls started off with the roughest opening month and a half schedule in the NBA and fought through it hard. They're getting better, and they haven't been 100% healthy on their 5 starters except for 1-2 games. They haven't played with both Boozer and Noah against quite a few teams. There's no doubt in my mind they can match up with most teams (the Celtics, the Heat etc will give them trouble no doubt) I would like to see how they fare against Orlando now when guys like Lewis and Carter consistantly killed them in the past. (especially in the peremiter)
-
Official 2010-11 NFL Thread
Shack, I think your doing your occasional "over-analyzing" a post there.
-
SOXTALK NOV/DEC '10 LIST
QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 06:32 PM) This is one I'm very interested to try. Let me know what you think, as someone who hasn't had it before... I just had one for the first time about two-three weeks ago. Not bad actually, not as hyped up as a buddy of mine was putting it, but it ain't as bad as I thought it was going to be.
-
Catch All Anything Thread
.25 cent drafts at Corkers on Tuesday nights.. I'm all in.
-
Bobby Jenks to the Red Sox
Typical "ex White Sox player rips old employee/management" ordeal. I wonder how many of those we get every season someone leaves..
-
2010-2011 NBA Thread
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 27, 2010 -> 06:57 PM) OJ Mayo is as 2 as a 2 can get. His problem is that he wants to handle the ball too much, which doesn't make him a one. It just makes him a selfish player. ... the f***?
-
Happy New Year
All I know is I will be drinking, and there will be women around...
-
2010-2011 NBA Thread
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 27, 2010 -> 04:45 PM) The best part of it is, the Bulls would have a legit 2nd ballhandler playing next to Rose. In crucial games, that's important. Want to trap Rose, throw it to Mayo, and let him and Booze play the two man game and vice versa. Agreed, and I think that is critical for this team now and going forward.
-
2010-2011 NBA Thread
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 27, 2010 -> 04:29 PM) http://www.suntimes.com/sports/morrissey/2...rying-wall.html And it's not that Rose goes in there with reckless abandon. He actually doesn't. His driving game is great in the regards that he is able to contort his body so he doesn't end up taking hard contact and still is able to make most of his ridiculous shots. It's a matter of his game being so relied on speed and quickness. When your knees are detoriorating that quickly, it's scary. I don't want to say it's a Brandon Roy situation, but still. You have to be concerned with it. The good thing is that he's constantly working on his game because he knows he won't always be able to outjump or outrun everyone. I highly doubt Derrick Rose still times his vertical jump from what he did three years ago at the combine, and if he did, it's obvious he jumps more explosively in games than he does at practice (hell that dunk versus New York in the first meeting this year is clear obvious of that). And if he has, so what? He can lose another 2-3 inches in the next three years and he'll still be as athletic as Chris Paul or Rajon Rondo. I just want him to further grasp the position of PG anyways in the next 3-5 years. Hell John Wall already is having ankle problems. I don't think the Wizards are too worried about his athleticism or B-Ball I.Q. Amar'e isn't the same athletic beast as he was pre micro-fracture surgery, but he is still a freak. Just last year, the dude touched his head on the back of the backboard throwing it down on Dragic. I would say at worst, he's lost an inch, maybe two off his vertical (if at all) from more of the ankle problems (and the turf toe) falling around like D-Wade. Congrats.. he's John Wall athletically right now. Not bad.
-
2010-2011 NBA Thread
I love Avery Johnson's response..
-
SOXTALK NOV/DEC '10 LIST
I actually forgot about this thread, so I didn't make one.. Though that was during the time I was hired to work so that complicated things.
-
2010-2011 NBA Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 27, 2010 -> 02:09 PM) The Lakers? Really? They're still a contender this year. But the clock is ticking, IMO. Fisher looks about done. Artest has declined considerably. Bynum is the NBA version of Nick Johnson. And I really don't see Kobe remaining a top 5 player at age 34. I agree with you about the Knicks and especially the Thunder, though. Thing is we don't know about future deals with that team. How many of us saw them pawning Pau Gasol off for nothing? Their FO is very smart. I have a sick feeling they will deal Bynum in the future and receive a better package than people might think. Same thing goes for other teams too. If The Clippers can actually stop being the Clippers (and I mean that in FO decisions as well) they will be good too in 2-3 years with their core and future top 5 picks.
-
2010-2011 NBA Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 27, 2010 -> 01:51 PM) Yeah, adding a guy like Mayo would be as much about 2012-2015 as it would be 2011. The Celtics won't be a factor much longer. Other than that GIANT elephant in the room that is the Heat, I'd really like our chances going forward. Even if we came up short this year. You've got the big 3 in Miami signed for 3 years, the Lakers will be there (even with a 34-35 year old Kobe) the Thunder are up and comming, New York is a piece or two away, etc.. The Bulls would be in better shape, but I just don't know if O.J. Mayo would be enough. Then again.. Derrick Rose can become mini/PG LeBron in 2 years and then my concerns are out the window.