Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Sep 30, 2010 -> 03:37 PM) Viciedo in the lineup! I nearly fainted. Ozzie must actually want people (well... me specifically) to check out the game tonight.
  2. QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 30, 2010 -> 12:10 AM) I agree that Pierre would have to go, but then again I hate his style of play so I would love that. I don't think words can describe my love or enthusiasm for not only myself, but this franchise if Juan Pierre was gone in any way, shape or form next season.
  3. Sox are now guaranteed second place after that win. That also damn near eliminates them from the top 15th pick.
  4. Rudy Fernandez once again wants out of Portland and the NBA now after Portland promised they would deal him this summer. Portland's FO is a joke. They are too afraid to "lose" a trade when asking much more than a player is worth, though they have no trouble picking massive bust big men in drafts. As much as I like Brewer, I would feel much better having a SG that can.. I don't know.. shoot to help compliment Deng and Boozer's game. Brewer basically has the same game as Deng, cept more athletic. If I'm other teams, I'm going zone all game against the Bulls.
  5. Hawks to hand out title rings. Versteeg and Burish expected to attend. From the Sun-Times.
  6. A.J. hitting 4th. I'll admit that is one thing I didn't think I would ever see. Still no Viciedo, Flowers.. still another game I won't watch.
  7. Pretty much all you guys (cept Sqwert ) have been on the money with this subject.
  8. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 29, 2010 -> 01:47 AM) But Eric Hinske and the Braves haven't made it to the postseason yet. (I'm obviously well aware that you are talking about Orlando Cabrera, he of the mammoth .262/.301/.353/.654 line, and yes, it is entirely coincidental. He was and has been a pretty good player, but the Reds would be better off with Paul Janish starting as OC is pretty much past his prime at this point and would be better served in a utility role moving forward) But dude... the locker room presence..
  9. QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Sep 28, 2010 -> 10:22 PM) has the whole board boycotted?? or just not care?? I've boycotted games unless I see the young guys play (and I don't mean just Morel) and I'm speaking for myself. It's embarrassing the "not ready at all" .289 hitting Viciedo hardly plays, yet he was the guy with the GW hit. Flowers still doesn't play to see what we got in him (or at least a better evaluation since A.J. is on the verge of walking) Infante, De Aza hardly, etc. I don't get up for a game (especially when the season is over) watching Pierre, A.J., Vizquel, Jones, Kotsay, etc.. hit. I would say other posters have their own reasons.
  10. That deal (though the 4 team thing might be, but now all those teams) is far from over. If not now, we'll see it materialize sometime during the season. I don't think Denver will risk gambling till FA and see Melo walk like LeBron did with Cleveland, Bosh did with Toronto, etc.
  11. How bout that.. you play Viciedo and the guy who is "not ready" gets a hit. He's hitting a horrid .289 right now. Chris Sale was awesome from the looks of the box score.
  12. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 28, 2010 -> 10:00 PM) Jay Bruce hit a walk-off homer to propel the Reds to a division championship. That's pretty cool. That is just so fitting for the Reds. Not to mention it was from a young (and insane potential) player.
  13. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 28, 2010 -> 02:47 PM) Cam Barker was traded due to his contract, not his ability to play hockey. He was the first casualty of the great salary cap f***up for which Mr. "Needs more recognition" Tallon is responsible. That is highly debatable from whom you really ask. And no s*** I already knew that. Hell half the team was traded this summer for the same reason. Thank god we got Nick Boynton when we did (and Byfuglien's versatility to play defense) cause Johnsson didn't do anything for us regardless. It does suck getting dealt when the team that traded you won the cup. What held up to just trade Cam in the summer with the others? Noone saw Campbell going down of course, but I highly doubt the Wild would had turned down the offer if it was made in the summer with Johnsson leaving in FA (who also made more than Cam in salary too at the time of the deal) and it pretty much is Leddy for Barker now.
  14. QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 28, 2010 -> 02:22 PM) Hard not to have doubts on Miguel at this point. The scouting reports are starting to lag a bit too. He's still only 19 in low A. I'd give him another year before shuffling the deck.
  15. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 28, 2010 -> 09:14 AM) If Konerko weren't to return because of Ozzie leaving I'd be perfectly fine with it. I don't see him matching this year's production next year or the year after and we'd have the money to go after Dunn. Agreed, though we are in the huge minority. I honestly hope Konerko gets all the money he can (and years) before he retires. And if thats with someone else, no-one should hold it against him.
  16. QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 28, 2010 -> 12:55 PM) The cat they traded Cam Barker for did not make it...that's BS. It is more bulls*** that Barker wasn't on it (he was traded much earlier) more-so than Johnsson who barely played. Nick Leddy is the only one who is not making that trade look awful thankfully. Feel bad for Cam. I'm also glad to see the guy who built the team (and should get more recognition) get what he deserves in Dale Tallon.
  17. QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 27, 2010 -> 10:09 PM) I have no qualms about penalties that resulted from julius peppers completely f***ing the heads of their olineman. But yeah, they were just absurd in the #, but it's not like any of them were not penalties. Funny thing is.. they showed a few replays with Peppers and even Gruden and Jaws were saying you could call holding penalties on alot of plays from GB's O-Line (you could see them as a fan as well). Peppers is just a beast though. He had no sacks, but had a terrific game all around I thought.
  18. Nice win for the Bears!
  19. QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 27, 2010 -> 09:25 PM) Phegley? Read that thread I put up. Not sold on him yet and this is comming from someone who actually liked the pick at the time. I still like Miguel Gonzalez however. (I know Dan is a huge fan of his) He is the most major league ready defensively. Just gotta hope the bat catches up.
  20. QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Sep 27, 2010 -> 09:58 PM) Jay had a mediocre game. The pressure and hits seemed to get to him and he made some bad decisions tonight. I am happy we won, but he needs to player better the rest of the season. The offensive line can do him a favor and block every once in awhile. No doubt. The Bears actually could of scored a couple more times with him being average tonight. I don't ever want to see Dez Clark in the red zone again unless it's for blocking. He is showing his age out there (I still remember his drop from last year in almost the same spot). Just not a good player to rely on in red zone situations. It's bad enough they still have Forte out there in red zone situations when they tried to pound the ball and Chester Taylor was one of the best short yardage runners in the league (red zone included) last year. Green Bay just played horribly stupid. Lack of discipline on their team with obvious calls out there.
  21. QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 27, 2010 -> 09:48 PM) The Packers obviously weren't thinking much in that game. Most penalties in a game since 1987.. crazy. Cutler had like 3 picks called back thanks to their play.
  22. What a dirty win.. but we'll take it!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.