Everything posted by SoxAce
-
12:05pm (CSN) - Sox @ Yanks
Thank you Quentin on picking up AJ's poor baserunning. (don't see that alot from him though) See Pierre, a 50 year old man can get the job done.
-
12:05pm (CSN) - Sox @ Yanks
God I can't believe Ozzie loves that guy. Other than Kalapse, I don't think there's a single poster here that hates Pierre's game as much as I do.
-
12:05pm (CSN) - Sox @ Yanks
Haha Andruw. Wow.
-
NBA playoffs thread
QUOTE (Brian @ May 1, 2010 -> 10:51 AM) Saw on the highlights that the Nuggets went out like b*tches last night. Technicals, cheap shots, etc....Most of em done when they were only down 6. They have some of the biggest pricks not only on their team but in the league. Martin, Smith, etc.. Billips is really the only guy that is pure class as a player.
-
12:05pm (CSN) - Sox @ Yanks
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 1, 2010 -> 11:50 AM) They also said that Jones is already having back spasms, which is why he didn't play yesterday. So much for we should play him every single day, huh? That was for the posters who were complaining about him not playing everyday. Dude has been injury prone for a while. He should only start 4-5 days a week really. You have to treat him much more delicately than Carlos Quentin.
-
12:05pm (CSN) - Sox @ Yanks
QUOTE (justBLAZE @ May 1, 2010 -> 10:01 AM) Rios won't be in the lineup today or tomorrow because he returned to Chicago for the birth of his child. per Merkin/Gonzales Congrats to Alex!
-
NBA playoffs thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 30, 2010 -> 09:49 PM) I'm sorry, but this just pisses me off to no end. Oh, he's a black basketball player so he must smoke weed? Jamal Crawford has actually spoken out against smoking and says he doesn't need to "get high" with that when basketball is the ultimate high. Come on, man. See, I just find this funny comming from you of all people Steve.
-
PTC Saturday May 1st, 2010
Jones.
-
If you are JR. who is on your BIG BOARD to replace KW?
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 30, 2010 -> 11:55 PM) We didn't sign Peavy, we traded for him. We traded four arms, and i'm yet to regret giving up any of them. KW doesn't deserve to get fired. The greatest mistake he's ever made is going against his better judgement and giving Ozzie the final say over the construction of the roster. All he needs is a reality check, and he's getting one at the moment. We all are. Agreed 100%. KW should still take some flack on some moves, but overall I agree. Hahn is and should be next in line to sorta answer this thread question.
-
4/30 Games
QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Apr 30, 2010 -> 07:10 PM) Flowers 3-4 with his 4th home run on the year. Now OPSing 1.031. Best news I've heard today. I love Flowers. Sox fans will finally realize what it's like to have a OBP/OPS weapon of a catcher if all goes right.
-
Thornton for a bag of baseballs?
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 30, 2010 -> 03:57 PM) Now we can debate Willie Harris vs. Juan Pierre until we're blue in the face, but everyone on this site could cite their 3-5 favorite offseason DH targets (LH) and obviously all of them would be upgrades over Kotsay. That's a good idea for a sig bit for myself.
-
Mr. Skin is a Sox fan
Sign him up!
-
Insanity
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 30, 2010 -> 02:41 PM) Hey, is there a calendar that I can follow, I only have the workouts and ive just been cherry picking them. Ya it came with the dvd my friend bought. Means mentioned his earlier in this thread, but I'm following it on the calender I have. PM me a bit later and I'll tell you what workouts you do on each day. Sunday is the rest day so I know Means is doing his a bit different.
-
4/30 GT White Sox @ Yankees - 6:05pm CDT - WCIU
QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 30, 2010 -> 02:15 PM) AJP 8-22 (.364), 1 2B, 1 K Interesting. Even more puzzling why he isn't in there. Maybe this will get Alexei to be more patient at the plate. He's improved his walk rate and overall discipline from when he got here to last year, but has regressed so far this season.
-
2010 Cubs Thread
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 30, 2010 -> 03:11 PM) I think Fukudome gets a bad rap simply because he was a huge free agent coming over from Japan and he hasn't put up Ichiro or Hideki like numbers. Had he replicated his numbers of the previous two seasons in a White Sox uniform, I wouldn't have been opposed to having him in the lineup at all...the dude gets on base. As a #2 hitter, he'd be just fine by me. Agreed. Fits the OBP norm and adds a left-handed stick for us. Hell, he would be terrific at leadoff IMO. Trade them a couple of Linebrink contracts (or have the Cubs kick in $$ till his contract is up) and I'd be on board. Don't know Fukodome's contract when it ends though.
-
4/30 GT White Sox @ Yankees - 6:05pm CDT - WCIU
Your learning well young grasshopper.
-
Preview of Sox MLBN Reality Show - The Club
QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 30, 2010 -> 12:14 AM) This show certainly looks to be very interesting. I gotta wonder what happened with the Damon saga. http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?affiliat...tent_id=7739931 That is interesting. Alot of interesting quotes from Kenny. Even Ozzie had some good ones.
-
Insanity
Day 4 of Insanity completed. I hate Shawn T. but man I'm surprised I'm holding my own a bit here. Still not close to those people on that tape in good shape, and quite frankly I hate them all, but they are doing their thang, and I've improved each day. (thank god today was a stretch-type workout only) Far surpassed my friend and sis, though my sis has been doing very well herself. Very disappointed in my friend though to be fair, he's in the worst shape of the three of us. Day 5 tomorrow.
-
PTC Friday April 30th, 2010
Rios.
-
How good are The Rays?
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 11:31 PM) You're just like me. I get a boner for teams that scout/draft/develop their own talent. Well to be fair, I loved the Rockies since the Big Cat, Bichette, Helton in his prime, etc.. days anyway. But ya I love how the Rays do their thing. I'm not a fan of the Twins though, but I respect the hell out of them for doing what they do. It will be interesting seeing them as a high payroll team for once especially when Mauer's contract kicks in.
-
And that's a White Sox winner!!!
QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 11:07 PM) Quentin out yet again...geeze that guy is fragile. Naw. Remember he has to tear his hamstring for Kal to be sold on his injury prone-ness.
-
April Catch All White Sox Thread
Paul Konerko has driven in 23% of our team's runs this season. That is the 2nd highest percentage in the game.
-
4/29 GAMES
Brent Morel b****es. Johnnie Lowe looks night and day better than he did last year on the Barons looking at his stats. I'm sure JPN agrees from watching him. Gilmore 0-5... :o :o :o Shoemaker's 1st game back with Kanny. 3-4, RBI, 2B
-
How good are The Rays?
Tampa is my 3rd favorite team (Rockies are my second) so I'm down with them. Maddon is one of my favorite managers in the game. I like Carl Crawford's assessment of his team. He calls them the Phoenix Suns of the MLB. Up tempo, run the hell out of people type. Jason Bartlett alone has more hits with RISP than I believe all 9 starters in our everyday lineup combined. And if I'm not mistaken, he is not even leading their team in that department. (though he might be now after hitting 2 more RBIs with RISP)
-
And that's a White Sox winner!!!
QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 04:25 PM) from cowley: BREAKING NEWS: Juan Pierre benched for tomorrow and has lost his leadoff spot when he returns to the lineup Saturday. Guillen will hit him 9 Thank god. Logged right back on here at the hospital to confirm this.