Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (docsox24 @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 08:25 AM) that is bad but we shouldn't be comparing ourselves to the a's. They aren't winning anything and I think we all have higher standards than last place Exactly. They are more or less rebuilding. They are not taking the division away from the Angels or Mariners. I like Sweeney to have a nice year though. Gotta get out of that hell hole of a stadium for power though, but he should hit alot of XBH.
  2. Nice Dan Black shout out.
  3. I know Ranaudo has been dropping lately but out of the top 10? Very interesting if that happens to be the case.
  4. Rios batting 5th. I approve of this. If Teahen rakes, he and A.J. could switch spots.
  5. Mostly Everyone and their mother had Kansas going far. f***ing Nova!! Kentucky and Syracuse looking good for me though.
  6. Happy B-Day you old, fat ass. :cheers
  7. QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ Mar 21, 2010 -> 09:13 PM) horray! that is all C'mon Jim.. show alittle more emotion than that. Great news for Minny and the game of baseball. Dude will probably be a future HOF and has a chance to play the rest of his career in his home state. Find it cool his agent also represented Ripken Jr. and Puckett who played their careers on one team too.
  8. QUOTE (Heads22 @ Mar 21, 2010 -> 09:06 PM) Let's wait to replace Teahen til after he's played a game that counts. Thank you voice of reason. The man has changed his swing in games that don't count yet. Let him iron out the kinks before the season and if he hits like this the first month, then you can rip him. Like I said before, I would still bank on him hitting better during the season than some of these guys (including some guys on our team) hitting .400+ right now. Changing your swing, your mentality, teams, etc.. isn't easy. For a while in these ST games, he was having the worst luck of any hitter on the team. (his BABIP was off the charts his first 15 or so ABs) It's not like he's hitting weak grounders/pop-ups to people until recently. He was hitting the ball, just right at people. I am still more interested in his defense at 3B playing full time but that's just me.
  9. QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 20, 2010 -> 11:19 AM) Ozney is actually a pretty good prospect from what I hear. He's a stud actually. The best of Ozzie's kids by far. I've heard mid to late 1st round talent potentially. If he fell to the second round (or possibly compensation).. I would love for the sox to nab him.
  10. SoxAce replied to witesoxfan's topic in SLaM
    In about 10 hours or so.. I will start drinking. From my crib all the way to the club tonight downtown (unless it rains/snows.. ) . The Jack Daniels that's under my bed.. watch out!
  11. QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 03:41 PM) First AB I've seen from Teahen all ST, and yes, he's definitely in-between. He also looks to have no confidence either. He's reminding me of Rios last year on his swing/confidence. Just hope he doesn't feel he as to do too much (changing teams, new environment, etc..). He's used to having good spring training stats, so this is new for him. For a while in these ST games, he was having the worst luck of any hitter on the team. (his BABIP was off the charts) Luckily it's only spring training so he has time to iron out the kinks. I would still bank on him hitting better during the season than some of these guys (including some guys on our team) hitting .400+ right now. He'll be fine IMO. I was actually more interested in his defense at 3B for a while to be honest.
  12. Doesn't surprise me with him. Hell he ticked off alot of guys in the minors (promoted or teammate) as well. A couple of my friends I text every blue moon, who are in the minors now as pitchers, use to love facing him as he was an easy out, not to mention the last name.
  13. QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Mar 20, 2010 -> 01:24 AM) Morel is doing quite well in ST, is he pegged for AA Bimingham or AAA Charlotte after it ends? He'll be in Birmingham.
  14. QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 10:13 PM) Any of you dudes ever use match.com to pick up the ladies? This chick that likes me told me about it. She said she wants to find another me out there.. I was always currious but either forgot to check it out, or just didn't bother. Maybe this comming weekday, when I'm not too hungover, I'll check it out.
  15. Congrats man. :cheers
  16. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 02:12 PM) Yeah he's not coming back till atleast the middle of the season, considering he's recovering from Tommy John surgery. Not to mention he won't be the same one year removed from it. He'll need a solid two years to be good again. Reds do have a nice future core though. Add Leake to the list as well.
  17. SoxAce replied to Quin's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 09:58 AM) Yeah. Jordan Danks was black with cornrows, but that's easily fixable. I actually find that very hilarious..
  18. Rose/Deng/Noah will be out again tonight. I might watch just to see if LeBron cap drop 40-20-20 which he is very capable of doing. Well I hope Law and JJ have good games at least.
  19. Though this happens all the time with teams and drafting prospects lower in the draft (though potential high picks), and fail to sign, but I love how one of the best SP in the game (best in the NL for sure) slips through two teams I don't like at all. Oh what could have been for the Cubs and especially the Indians..
  20. Oddly enough, this would have been one hell of a poll thread.
  21. QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 02:26 PM) I'm really slacking That's nothing new.
  22. B, though I'm not a fan of the white linings on it, but it's a unique hat.
  23. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 03:58 PM) Eight games for Wiz. That b****. Good. I believe Seabs is out tonight though.
  24. Nice article on Quentin with some Ozzie quotes. http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/artic...sp&c_id=mlb
  25. QUOTE (joeynach @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 03:02 PM) I prefer AJ batting 6th as well. I think our 5th batter should probably be Rios if he returns to normal hitting form. Rios should be able to provide more power (around 25 or so) as well as opportunities for extra base hits and gap shots. For the sake for righty lefty combo I think it would go Pierre/Beckham/CQ/Konerko/Rios/AJ/Jones/Tehean/Alexi That would be my lineup as well. Hopefully Teahen rakes so he can bat 6th and put the OBP challenged (though solid average) A.J. to the 8th spot. This is assuming too that Jones takes over full time at DH. With Kotsay, I'm sure Ozzie would tweak the lower half a bit. I also wonder what happened with Ozzie's supposed plan to bat Beckham lower as well. I don't think I've seen him bat lower all spring, minus the days off with Vizquel hitting at the 2 spot.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.