Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. Watched the game earlier. Even in ST, beating the Cubs always brings a smile on my face.
  2. Parties, parties... and more parties. Though I'll be job hunting as well.
  3. Blackhawks vs Canucks.. always entertaining games between those two teams.
  4. QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 09:16 PM) Looks like Rodney Stuckey had a seizure and was taken away on a stretcher. Pretty scary stuff. Ya that was crazy. They updated he is in stable condition and will stay overnight, which is good news.
  5. QUOTE (T R U @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 09:43 PM) No, they shouldn't have.. it doesn't matter who you sign or trade for, you aren't going to build a winning franchise in the NFL without those front end draft picks.. especially when you consider they already don't even pick till round 3 as it is.. Nicely said Carl. Things might have been slightly different if the Bears still had their second rounder, but even then I doubt they trade their 3rd and/or 4th for Boldin. Ima probably take some heat for this, but even though he's old and could be a headcase, but TO is out there.....
  6. SoxAce replied to StrangeSox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 05:33 PM) started at only 9 total pull-ups without a chair, first time i did L+B. and then used the chair to get to 10 or so per set, sometimes more. Now I'm at 89 pull-ups without a chair over the course of the workout. If you use that chair, you will get great results, as long as you go to at least 10 and you try to use only your arms as much as possible. don't just push yourself up with your legs... that don't work. Damn.. very nice. I remember I could barely do 10 pushups when I started working out.. Now I do 2 sets of 50 and still growing.
  7. QUOTE (chunk23 @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 05:23 PM) Knox, Bennett and Aromashodu all improved quite a bit over the season, not that I don't want to upgrade there, but the OL really needs to be improved first. I think Olsen gets traded and a WR is brought on board. Agreed. OL and safety are much more important needs than WR. I like that group, with also a year of Iglasias in the mold and of course Hester. We got some dead weight we can get rid of too. (Mckee since FB isn't normally used in Martz' system anyways, Clark, R. Davis, etc..) What I like about the TE signing is he's basically another OL we will plug in for Cutler when you think about it. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 05:28 PM) His recent injuries effected his trade value, imo. Plus he's going to be expensive. Bears offered much more for Anquan a year ago. I'm glad they passed because I think safety is a bigger need and I think Boldin has a lot of risks associated with him. Plus, whether we hit or not, we need draft picks and the Bears should be able to target a quality olineman in the 3rd round (its supposed to be a very deep draft in relation to olineman). Yes it is. Wouldn't be surprised if the Bears hold out for that as well. Some good names can (and probably will) fall right into their lap come draft day in the third.
  8. I'm fine with sticking with Quentin or basically an OF. 1B is one of the easiest positions to fill as there are usually much more FA 1B or trade-able options on the market than good premier OF. (usually they are old/expensive) I'll hold out hope on Joey Votto when he becomes available next season, and who knows who else we don't know about can be had at 1B. Quentin is IP, but I'm willing to give him this season to see if he can fight off the injury bug especially with the whole free rest DH thing from the outfield.
  9. Jon Link sighting. Morel with a nice swing, but flied out to LF. Dodgers win 8-3.
  10. RBI groundout for Mitchell.. How bout that, a prospect actually knows how to get a runner home on less than 2 outs.
  11. Jared Mitchell.. the only guy I'm excited on seeing in this game.
  12. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 03:26 PM) That's cause he knew 6 years down the road whatever team he was on, was going to trade for Alex Rios and crowd the outfield. See.. this is why I love you. QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 03:26 PM) I think I'm already bored with Spring Training. It only took, what? 13 innings? Seeing some of these bums do that to you. Luckally it's only what 32 days till opening day? That helps me out through the day. Hey.. a Charlie Haeger sighting.
  13. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 03:23 PM) Well if we didn't trade for Rios and have a crowded outfield last year, Dye would have played much better in right. He hasn't played good D in RF for 6 years Row.
  14. Though Quentin didn't get that ball, he looks real good out there. More natural/range which is understandable considering RF is his natural position. Gonna be fun actually having a RF who is quick and plays good defense.
  15. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 03:17 PM) How'd JJ look? Stats look good. Velocity there? Looked real good. No gun on screen, but looks like he was throwing hard (though not sure if it was 96+ yet, moreso probably 93-95 I'd say) LOL Jason Botts.. another FAIL.. this time by us.
  16. OMGZ Ryan Braun dawg!
  17. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 03:13 PM) His set up and swing looks exactly the same. Same trembling front leg, same swing and a miss. It's almost like he's trying to pull everything.
  18. QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 03:11 PM) That swing and a miss looks familiar. Yes it does.. didn't look like he changed a thing since late last season. Swing looks nearly identical. 1st and 2nd.. no outs.. can't get a run home.. sounds familiar as well... even in ST that is bad.
  19. Reed Johnson... FAIL.
  20. Linebrink looking up to form early so far.........
  21. QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 02:52 PM) Mitchell K's. I'm surprised they're supposedly starting him in Birmingham this year. His swing looks a little long. Which is why I'm not buying it yet. He's got alot of tweaks to work out on his swing, CF defense, hitting lefties, etc.. Who knows though, the sox might like the hitting coach in AA more as a teacher. I would still like him to start in W-S. He is more raw than Beckham was as a first rounder. Soxtalk's favorite reliever Scott Linebrink in.
  22. Mitchell... still raw, but good to look at. Nice delay steal by Donny. Good to see he still has that.
  23. Let's see Lillibridge's "newfound swing." EDIT: Looks great..
  24. QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 02:32 PM) I'm just relaying information from what I see on other sites, I don't have the time nor care to look up ages and stats, didn't know I needed to be specifically accurate, one wrong little sentence and everyone jumps on you all at once, ridiculous. No f***ing kidding Peppers is better, just saying I would rather have Kampman for less because he will probably give you just as good production this coming year. If your gonna make a statement, at least have the facts to back up your bite (not to mention getting a good damn age difference wrong is not helping your input or knowledge.) Drink some milk and eat some cookies or something. Your taking what Rock said too seriously. QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 02:40 PM) Your using a guy they signed in 1993 to prove his point wrong? To be fair... he did say.. "never" not "in the last 10-15 years".

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.