Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 1, 2009 -> 10:54 PM) Sophomore year Chicago jinx. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that it's his ankle giving him fits, as he's still not 100% doing what he's doing. I mean any lower body injury is by far the worst injury you can have as a basketball player.
  2. QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 1, 2009 -> 10:30 PM) Nice solid win for the Cowboys today, Romo hasn't thrown an INT in 3 games now which is progress. This was definitely a quarterbacks week. Romo, McNabb, Manning, Favre, Rodgers, etc.. were all damn good today.
  3. Man Del Negro had a poor coaching game today. And Derrick is just not the same player right now. He's already cost himself alot of points cause he can still blow by guys but can't finish.
  4. Bulls vs Heat.. Should be quite a game.
  5. Broncos finally lose. Thank f***ing god I don't have to hear the slurping of them for a week now.
  6. 46.. Needs way more time than that though.
  7. SoxAce replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 04:10 PM) I pissed in a 64 ounce bottle of gatorade last night and filled it over halfway. That's a liter of piss for those of you keeping score at home. Want a cookie?
  8. The Nightmare Before Christmas.. Sorry I couldn't resist.. though I love the movie as a kid.
  9. Hopefully Derrick's ankle heals up soon. I mean the kid is insanely gifted even at 80%, but he still doesn't have that explosive burst were used to. Right now he's looking quite solid, but not the athletic freak that were used to. BTW, someone should wake up Salmons and tell him the season has started. Though it's only been two games, he's looked awful, not to mention most of his shots are not even close to on line.
  10. Yea it's been really s***ty outside. I've felt more like a couch potato at home than usual. If it's like this tomorrow, I'll be just drinking a 12 pack at the crib, giving candy out to kids for halloween.
  11. And that's what I meant by mixed groups from Tony earlier and he knew it as well. I have personally... as my uncle and grandfather (both black, on my mother's side; R.I.P. granddad) are big time Blackhawk fans since the Mikita/Hull days and there are a few hispanic people I know who follow the sport casually. I'm shocked that some of the white guys I know don't follow it much as they do basketball/football at times as well. I have a ton of friends of mixed groups which is why I know alot more about this, then some who don't or have thin glasses. Hell I'm a freaking mut myself. I mean it's been like this for years as far as sports in Chicago.
  12. SoxAce replied to Steve9347's topic in SLaM
    Wife mad at you again Steven?
  13. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 30, 2009 -> 02:26 PM) Have you ever gone into a sports bar and seen a bunch of brothas or latinos or any other minority sittin' around drunk yelling "GOAL!!!!!?" Why you gotta be dissin soccer like that?
  14. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 29, 2009 -> 10:46 PM) He's hitting .114 in the playoffs with 12 strikeouts. He actually said he was shocked he was sat down. Maybe the Yankees need a new hitting coach. Hmmm.. I guess 10 postseason games counts into the .249/.371/.498/.869 he put up during the season eh.. He's just not clutch. I'm sure A-Rod can give him some pointers some time.
  15. QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 29, 2009 -> 11:03 PM) I went out tonight with the boys to watch Hawks/Bulls/WS, and we talked about who is more popular right now in the city. While I do have a bias, there is just more overall interest in hockey right now. If the Bulls keep beating good teams.. that will drastically change. I'm getting into hockey more, but I'll always be a basketball guy (baseball/football as well) first. As much as hockey is back in Chicago, there's just more of a bigger base out there for basketball especially for mixed groups. (though none of them beats the baseball season for any of my friends and even football is up there if the Bears are legit.)
  16. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 29, 2009 -> 10:36 PM) I want another shot at the Celtics if we make the playoffs. Just so that Hinrich can throw that little **** of a point guard into the scorer's table again. You mean this time. Cuz it was Rondo who threw him into the table. Rondo has quickly become one of the dirtiest players in the NBA by the way. I hope Rose has enough in the ankle to cross his ass up and dunk in his face tomorrow to show it in every highlight. I hate Rondo.
  17. QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 29, 2009 -> 10:09 PM) I thought Utley was safe and the replay confirmed it,I know it was a bang bang play but aren't these suppossed to be MLB's finest umps? Like one poster said a while back, it seems like every call always goes to the Yankees. It's been like that for years in the postseason.
  18. Kane and that Hjalmarsson kid were really good. Too bad they (esp. Kane) got no help.
  19. I Tyrus. Glad to see the Bulls pull off that win. Rose even at 80% was really somthin tonight. And same for Rock. Noah has really grown on me the last couple years... Now I love the guy.
  20. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 29, 2009 -> 03:26 PM) Did anyone see Melo completely posterize Paul Milsap? Daymn.. :o Excited to see the Bulls open up tonight.
  21. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 28, 2009 -> 10:00 PM) Marian Hossa skated non-contact drills today, and Brent Seabrook returned to practice. No Toews yet. I think it'll be a while for him. His hit was much more severe than Seabrooks. Good to see Seabs will play tomorrow though.
  22. It's been the Lee/Utley show and it's been fun to watch.
  23. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 28, 2009 -> 12:38 PM) After finding out that team won 58-0, the throw isnt all that classy by that team, but to throw a football like that behind the back is not easy Agreed. That throw was amazing. I've tried it.. your either not that accurate or most people just don't have the arm strength to pull that off. QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 28, 2009 -> 12:39 PM) It's waaaay more difficult to throw a baseball like that 60 feet for a strike! Meh.. for someone whose played the game, it isn't THAT hard. I do agree that throwing a strike with it might take you a while, but throwing a small ball 60 feet behind you in a windup.. no it isn't that hard at all. And that was a very generous strike he got.
  24. QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 28, 2009 -> 01:51 AM) Hey, have you ever seen the story of how it was invented? http://www.hulu.com/watch/4994/in-living-c...-the-jheri-curl Killing me smalls. I see you didn't get the "Geri" memo as that is my name Jeremy.. Wait.. nevermind.. I read your quote wrong.. I must be tired.
  25. All this talk about Retherford and Jo. Danks is the one putting up .436/.542/.667/1.208 numbers so far. Really good to see.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.